Australia's problem in one picture...

Tomo

Friend sent me this... thought it pretty cool!

This financial crisis is forcing State and local Councils to make some tough decisions.

If things continue for much longer, there's a real risk that we may have to lay off Jose.

crisis.jpg.43eb99aa398577cd7c96a77195222505.jpg

• Like 2

Guest ozzie

Bob Carr's "we will create a job for everyone" program. At everyone's expense of course. Productivity went from 65% to around 30% overnight.

Reminds me of two coucil workers seen...one digging a hole and the other one filling it back in...when asked why they were just digging a hole and filling it back in they replied, "John, the guy who puts the tree in the hole, is away sick today"

Guest Walter Buschor

Lucky me!! I'm not Jose. I work - or should I say - am employed by the Government!!!!

That's why I can afford to go flying !!

Fly safe

Wal

We could make Jose the hero of the piece and the king of the castle. But how about the how, where, why and how deep of the exercise, who is going to fend off the gawkers and the instant experts and urgers who will be interfering and accusing poor old Jose that he actually knows diddly about the whole business of council holes. Without the other 10 people he might assume the mantle of CEO, refuse to get his hands dirty, cook the books, salt the budget in a tax haven and then bankrupt the whole lot and disappear with his secretary to a country without an extradition agreement.

Engineers actually do make it happen!!

Cheers

• Like 1