Aircraft insurance .

Aircraft insurance who do people use or recommend for ultralights do a full cover both flight & hanger .

I use PSB Insurance Brokers. They are also the brokers for RAA members liability insurance. Their Aviation man is Geoff Tonkin in Adelaide (08) 82672875

I use PSB Insurance Brokers. They are also the brokers for RAA members liability insurance. Their Aviation man is Geoff Tonkin in Adelaide (08) 82672875

Nothing Personal, I chased these guys around for Nearly 8 months, from the day after I got 10 hours after my belt, and still couldnt get a straight answer out of any of them about insurances... Left Dozens of messages, would love to hear if anyone else has been able to get a hold of him.. Perhaps its just my phone manner ;)

Aircraft insurance who do people use or recommend for ultralights do a full cover both flight & hanger .

dont use qbe or vero as they codone work that that is not up to standard when my plane was repaired by lame l2 17 1 08 still in court cost so far heading for fifty thouand be warned Any body want to buy storch 4524 nothing wrong with it leading edge of wing cracked windscreen cracked motor motor 2inches of centre to right bent rudder pedles nose wheele not alinged this aircraft has a sighned maintaince release neil

Just out of curiousity (and maybe someday soon I may join the ranks of people that own an aircraft) in rough figures what are you paying for your insurances, and what does it cover?

~$1700ish for J160; Ground, Taxiing and Flight

~$550 for Ground cover only

Cheers

Just out of curiousity (and maybe someday soon I may join the ranks of people that own an aircraft) in rough figures what are you paying for your insurances, and what does it cover?

My insurance is for a new Jabiru J170 costs about $2500. I'm with QBE. The more hours you have the less the insurance (within reason).

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I know this is a little older post but thought I would ad my 2 cents worth.

I use Geoff Butler of BAIB, he is based down in vic but been in the game a long time and saves nearly ever one of his customers money.

He is well worth giving a shot guys, highly recommend his service. His number is 0407 170 789 and I would just call him direct for more info.

Cheers

• 6 months later...

A question for GregF, could you please tell me what is covered with flight insurance, e.g. Worst case scenario you suffer an engine failure & land in a paddock & damage the a/c beyond repair, what will they pay you, let's say you insure the hull for $60,000.

Thanks,

A question for GregF, could you please tell me what is covered with flight insurance, e.g. Worst case scenario you suffer an engine failure & land in a paddock & damage the a/c beyond repair, what will they pay you, let's say you insure the hull for $60,000.Thanks,

Sorry, been busy with other things.....

In that case you'd get the $60,000 and they get the aircraft!

Otherwise up to $5ooo to retreive the aircraft and repairs less excess (1,500 from memory).

Cheers

GregF

• Like 1

Wayne G. Cottier ANZIIF (Assoc) CIP

AVIATION RISK AND INSURANCE (ARI) Authorised Representative of:

Risk Management & Insurance Broking Oceania Insurance Group Pty Ltd

ARN: 398045 ABN: 37743649662 ACN: 14577110 ABN: 26145771106

M: +61(0)414 556 426 AFS Licence No: 391585

E: [email protected] W: www.oceaniainsurance.com

W: www.aviationriskinsurance.com A: Lvl 14, 15 Castlereagh Street

A: PO Box 687 Coorparoo QLD 4151 Sydney NSW 2000