And they run this Country

kgwilson

A Canberra airport ticket agent offers some examples of why our country is in trouble:

1. I had a politician Julie Bishop ask for an aisle seat so that her hair wouldn't get messed up by being near the window.

(On an aeroplane!)pull_hair.gif.3994f465d56951521f66ae0593c25df0.gif

2. I got a call from a Queensland politician (Katter) staffer (Howard Bauleke), who wanted to go to Capetown.

I started to explain the length of the flight and the passport information, and then he interrupted me with, ''I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but Capetown IS in Queensland....''

Without trying to make him look stupid, I calmly explained, ''Cooktown is in Qld, Capetown is in South Africa'' his response (Click?)109_groan.gif.66f71fc85b2fabe1695703d67c904c24.gif

3. Senior Labor Politician Kevin Rudd called, furious about a Florida package we did.

I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando

He said he was expecting an ocean-view room.

I tried to explain that's not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state.

He replied, 'don't lie to me, I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state!''112_im_stupid.gif.235c6602d589883b543a8ad3d313ca3c.gif

4. I got a call from a Politicians wife Landra Reid who asked, ''Is it possible to see England from Canada ?''

I said, ''No.''

She said, ''But they look so close on the map.''086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

5. Aide for a cabinet member Janet Napolitano once called and asked if she could rent a car in Sydney.

I pulled up the reservation and noticed she had only a 1-hour layover in Sydney

When I asked her why she wanted to rent a car, she said, ''I heard Sydney was a big airport, and we will need a car to drive between gates to save time.''067_bash.gif.26fb8516c20ce4d7842b820ac15914cf.gif

6. Independent (Wilkie) called last week. He needed to know how it was possible that his flight from Sydney left at 8:30 a.m., and got to Perth at 8:33 a.m.

I explained that Sydney was three hours ahead of Perth, but he couldn't understand the concept of time zones.

Finally, I told him the plane went really fast, and he bought that.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

7. Federal politician, (Joe Hockey) called and asked, ''Do airlines put your physical description on your bag so they know whose luggage belongs to whom?''

I said, 'No, why do you ask?'

He replied, ''Well, when I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my luggage that said (FAT), and I think that's very rude!''

After putting him on hold for a minute, while I looked into it. (I was dying laughing).

I came back and explained the city code for Fraser Island is (FAT - Fraser Air Terminal), and the airline was just putting a destination tag on his luggage.065_evil_grin.gif.2006e9f40863555e5894f7036698fb5d.gif

8. Senator (Bronwyn Bishop) called to inquire about a trip package to Hawaii.

After going over all the cost info, she asked, ''Would it be cheaper to fly to California and then take the train to Hawaii ?''053_no.gif.1b075e917db98e3e6efb5417cfec8882.gif

9. I just got off the phone with a Labor politician, Peter Garrett who asked,

''How do I know which plane to get on?''

I asked him what exactly he meant, to which he replied,

''I was told my flight number is 823, but none of these planes have that number on them.''034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

10. Peter Slipper Queensland Snoozetician called and said, ''I need to fly to Pepsi-Cola , Florida.

Do I have to get on one of those little computer planes?''

I asked if he meant fly to Pensacola, Florida on a commuter plane.

He said, ''Yeah, whatever, smarty!''070_sleep.gif.1c8d367a0c12958f2106584470af404d.gif

11.Mary Landrieu, Kevin Rudd's aide called and had a question about the documents she and her boss needed in order to fly to China. After a lengthy discussion about passports, I reminded her that she needed a visa.

'Oh, no I don't. I've been to China many times and never had to have one of those.''

I double checked and sure enough, her stay required a visa. When I told her this she said,

''Look, I've been to China four times and every time they have accepted my American Express!''111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif

12. Prime Minister Julia Gillard called to make reservations,

''I want to go from Chicago to Rhino, New York ''

I was at a loss for words. Finally, I said, ''Are you sure that's the name of the town?''

'Yes, what flights do you have?'' replied Ms Gillard.

After some searching, I came back with, ''I'm sorry, I've looked up every airport code in the country and can't find a Rhino anywhere."

Julia said, ''Oh, don't be silly! Everyone knows where it is. Check your map!''

So I scoured a map of the state of New York and finally offered, ''You don't mean Buffalo , do you?''

The reply? ''Whatever! I knew it was a big animal.''103_score_001.gif.0354254b719c2e1032fedf21c3779e8a.gif

Now you know why the Government is in the shape that it's in!

Could anyone be this DUMB?

YES, THEY WALK AMONG US, ARE IN POLITICS,

AND THEY CONTINUE TO BREED..

I don't write it, I just offer it for your consideration.

Like manure, you just gotta spread it around.

• Like 1

Is he possibly related to Harold Wison former PM of Great Britain??? 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif.Alan.

Harold Wilson became famous for his line: "a week is a long time in politics"

He also said:

"Everybody should have an equal chance - but they shouldn't have a flying start"

"I'm an optimist, but an optimist that carries a raincoat"

"One man's wage increase is another man's price increase"

• Like 1

Does anyone really believe that the likes of Julia Gillard or Joe Hockey actually book their own travel, I would doubt it. Somehow these anecdotes don't quite sound believable.

It's all absolutely true. I know this because my ex neighbours second cousin has a mate whose mother originally lived not far from Canberra, 3 streets away from a bus conductor whose son was employed as a gardener close to the parliament and he once had to fly somewhere and used the actual travel agent mentioned. I think that's what he said anyway.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds right. I heard he doesn't believe in spelling and grammar also.

Tony Abbott, does have a Bachelor of Law AND Economics.ALSO a Rhode Scholar, Master of Arts .University of Oxford.

He is alot smarter than most of the wankers in Parliament.

Just Sayin

Tony Abbott, does have a Bachelor of Law AND Economics.ALSO a Rhode Scholar, Master of Arts .University of Oxford.He is alot smarter than most of the wankers in Parliament.

Just Sayin

He umm, ahhh hides ahh it umm very ahhhhhhhh well.

Tony Abbott, does have a Bachelor of Law AND Economics.ALSO a Rhode Scholar, Master of Arts .University of Oxford.He is alot smarter than most of the wankers in Parliament.

Just Sayin

Well that proves he used to be able to pass exams but says little about his skills as an orator or potential leader of a nation. Mind you there's a redhead out there that is virtually the same.

Regardless of the political divide it would be nice to have a leader of whom we could be proud when they open their mouth in front of the rest of the world. At the moment I cringe every time I hear either of them even start talking.

Bring back Malcolm I reckon

• Like 4

Tony's biggest problem is that he looks uncomfortable in front of the camera and in front of the general public.The general public doesnt assimilate with him because of that.Malcom would be a good choice.Mainly because he is more of a people person.

Gillard on the other hand is a F$%cken Idiot.Just sayin:augie:

• Like 3

Gillard on the other hand is a F$%cken Idiot.Just sayin:augie:

Does the Dollar sign indicate the percentage of tax paid on that statement????? 074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif075_amazon.gif.cc281e7fdd81ad4a6f72dd47b08e516f.gifna_na.gif.fad5d8f0b336d92dbd4b3819d01d62e5.gifna_na.gif.77b7aa06a1279edccd56932494ddf71b.gif

I would be sceptical about anything the Mad Rabbit says, it is not just he is not a people person, it is his total attitude.

He will destroy any idea unless it is his, he is DR No.068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

Remember that his Oxford education was more for his ability to beat the crap out of anyone in or out of the ring. Even as a young uni student he was as radical in views, and do anything for power- just like today.bomb.gif.8dfedc171d37efc22ba0dd32e933ffc0.gif

He has previously said "don't believe anything I say, unless I write it down and sign it"

Even when told by the Navy that turning back boats is a deadly dangerous game for sailors and desparate asylum seekers- he demands they are paid to do difficult jobs and he would order them to do so.

He is told it would be against International Law, Treaties, Law of the sea, etc and would also be a illegal order to command the armed forces.

His response- ignore the facts, ignore the human cost and "Turn back the boats"

He will do and say anything for power.067_bash.gif.26fb8516c20ce4d7842b820ac15914cf.gif

Bring back Malcom , another flawed individual but has leadership skills and will stand by the right thing to do, not what gives political advantage.

I also have no particular love for the red head either, but far better than jumping in with the Mad Monk.

• Like 2