Favourite flyin' songs?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The band is the Hoodoo Gurus. They're an Aussie band. That's one of the reasons I like the song. The other reason is it always reminds me of Heath's video.

PS, the name of the song is the same as the Vid 1000 miles away from the Kinky album.

Another contender in the country theme would be "I Can Fly" by Lynn Bowtell and Karen O'Shea. I have it on a 2 cd set called "Outback Adventures". If you are into Australian country music this album has some really great stuff on it. Check it out.

Pud

Some great classics there!

For me, it would have to be 'The Theme From One Six Right' by Nathan Wang, from the documentary film 'One Six Right'. Fittingly, it was written for just such a purpose - and written perfectly I believe.

It's a great film to see too, if you haven't already.

• Like 1

Ok I am going to ask a dumb question. If we are wearing headsets and listening out for radio traffic how can we listen to music while flying. I would love to be able to listen to music and still be safe in the air.

• Like 1

Compulsion - I bought my first headset a few months back and its a Rugged Air RA-900. Search for them on eBay under the seller 'ruggedradios' which is the factory direct supplier.

This headset comes equipped with a 3.5mm jack for iPhones, iPods and other musical devices. They play through the headset at a level thats easy to listen to, but is overridden by all but the lowest (ie right before the 'off' click) levels of intercom and radio chatter. Any normal level will override it easily and clearly I have found.

I can also vouch for pilot comfort, ease of use and general overall quality and would recommend this headset to anyone.

They cost around $170 shipped from the US supplier. Link is here.

Cheers - boingk