Hangar Rental. Approximate cost, CQ non rpt strip

Hongie

as per thread title.. I'll find out this week hopefully if a vacancy of a hangar is coming up at a strip near me. What do you knowledgable folk reckon a 12x12 hangar (ithink) at a non-serviced airstrip would be worth?

$40 a week is the lowest rent I have heard of, but that has been when people discuss the cost of owning so it may be an average. If it's out in Mackay I would expect to pay less.

I was up there on Friday for the day. Nice. Humid! The outside viewing area at the airport is nice.

I am building a hangar at Gawler. Cost $25k erected on site. Another $5k for other charges. $400+ fee to the club per annum. I have been asked if I want to share. I said yes for $100 per month and have been told that is way to expensive. For $25 per week I will happily keep my hangar to myself.

Our s is free just have to help out with strip maintance eg : mowing , painting cones helping out here and thereLakeside .

Sshhh Doug... Best kept secret in Qld. I think quietly we are a lucky bunch in many areas of North Queensland with a real strong and supportive network of aviators. lol

as per thread title.. I'll find out this week hopefully if a vacancy of a hangar is coming up at a strip near me. What do you knowledgable folk reckon a 12x12 hangar (ithink) at a non-serviced airstrip would be worth?

Hi Hongie

Perhaps about 40K for a 12 X 12 and the block cost if your talking at the sealed return road airstrip.

Cheers

Mike

Our s is free just have to help out with strip maintance eg : mowing , painting cones helping out here and thereLakeside .

id be all over that doug if it was a little closer!

Was paying $3000 pa at Coldstream (sharing with 3 others and gravel strip) and now paying $1800 pa at Shepparton (sharing with one and sealed strip). I believe Lilydale with a grass strip is charging over $5000 but each aircraft is in a semi-enclosed T-hangar within a barn structure. Like landlords everywhere, they seem to charge what the market will bear.

kaz

Hongie when we left Bundy 18 months ago we were paying $55 per week per aircraft space for an RAAus size aircraft, but that was one of the more expensive hangars in the place. 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif