RFDS Pilot on drugs while flying!!!!

J170 Owner

As a whinging Pom with a masters degree in taking the p1ss, I would like to take this opportunity to provide nothing of value.0.00.

For a small fee I am willing to be a patsy for anyone with complaints on the forum. Simply address to me and you will be greeted with warm, soothing gulping sounds:yelrotflmao:

• Like 1

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... but Captain seems a little obsessed by the "12" bit 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

He's been that way since he heard that 12 inches is supposed to be perfection. But seeing as how since he's allergic to anaesthetic, he cant get the extra trimmed off...wtf.gif.98144920f830741b92569ef3d0e64f88.gif .....so he reckons. 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

There appears to be a mad rush to provide useless information. Recognising the fierce competition, and the demonstrated high level of skill here, I will admit defeat, and withdraw at this juncture. Nev

Someone's signwritten commentary on useless people:

useless_lawfirm_congress_sign.jpg.dde66354929bf1f7a192bf18da595ae7.jpg

• Like 1

Some more useless information comes from none other than the Chief Executive of a significant airline. This is what was reported:

(from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/aviation/9661829/Seatbelts-on-planes-are-pointless-says-Ryanair-boss.html)

Seatbelts on planes are pointless, says Ryanair boss

Seatbelts on aeroplanes are pointless and will not save passengers in a crash, the chief executive of Ryanair has said, as he attempts to make “standing room only” cabins a reality.

Michael O’Leary claims legislation forcing passengers to wear seatbelts is useless, unnecessary and insisted upon only by authorities he deems “plonkers”.

Those wishing to fly on holiday should instead be permitted to stand at the back on a plane, which he considers to be “just a b----- bus with wings”.

Mr O’Leary, the chief executive of budget airline Ryanair, dismissed the notion seatbelts were an essential safety requirement, saying: “If there ever was a crash on an aircraft, God forbid, a seatbelt won’t save you.”

"Seatbelts don't matter,” he proclaimed.

"You don't need a seatbelt on the London Underground. You don't need a seatbelt on trains which are travelling at 120mph and if they crash you're all dead..."

J170, you don't appear to know very much about Michael O'Leary.

He makes statements like that to generate news stories to keep his airline in the news and get free advertising.

I don't think Ryanair have ever paid for TV coverage, but they get loads of it.

The man is a very clever marketer, and he's built a low-cost airline up from a handful of regional jets to the point where they are out performing the Irish flag carrier Aer Lingus.

The effect it would have on me is to think they are a mob of idiots who shouldn't be allowed near an aeroplane unless they are in a straightjacket. The trouble is a lot of people would believe him. I never take a seatbelt off unless I want to get out of the seat but a lot of folks undo them as soon as the sign goes off.. We are breeding some crook cattle these days. They wouldn't last long in the jungle. Nev

• Like 2

There are none who tell lies so well. as those that profit by them Originally pilots didn't wear them either and ended up leaving the plane to descend on their own. Nev

I spoke to a guy earlier this year who did quite a few aircrash investigations in New Zealand. He was telling me the great value of seatbelts. Even in crashes that had estimated forces of 9 or 10 G, pilots' lives were saved by the seatbelt they were wearing. That RyanAir CEO is talking through his hat.

• Like 1

J170, you don't appear to know very much about Michael O'Leary.He makes statements like that to generate news stories to keep his airline in the news and get free advertising.

I don't think Ryanair have ever paid for TV coverage, but they get loads of it.

The man is a very clever marketer, and he's built a low-cost airline up from a handful of regional jets to the point where they are out performing the Irish flag carrier Aer Lingus.

He still needs a slap. He's a muppet.

• Like 1

I have avoided this "discussion" until now because stray bullets seem to have been flying in all directions. But, what the heck, at my stage in life a fatal shot would just be excused as early euthanasia!

Just to set the record straight:

"Metho" is ethyl alcohol (CH3CH2OH, the stuff that makes spirits and other beveridges kick) which has been deliberately contaminated with methyl alcohol (CH3OH) which is far more toxic, causes blindness, and is added to "denature" the ethyl alcohol so it (hopefully) wont be used by drinkers as a cheap alternative to their favourite grog.

Methamphetamine is often known as crystal meth or ice and is the highly psycho-active dextro isomer (raceme) of the chemical. It was handed out to American and Axis troops as a stimulant before particularly intense engagements in WWII. It is a vicious and deadly analogue of Benzedrine which, when I was young, was freely available over the counter from your friendly pharmacy and taken in spade dulls by overweight young ladies because of the increase in metabolic rate. It rapidly leads to psychotic episodes in users and stuffs them for most anything t o do with work or other normal tasks in their lives.

There is a second form of the chemical which is the laevo raceme. This had some pharmaceutical applications but I don't think it is available here in Australia nor now available in the USA because of the problems associated with misuse of the precursor chemicals. Isomers can be loosely described as having the same molecular components but structurally different due to a twisting of the molecule. The difference gives rise to different properties, too.

Crack cocaine is natural cocaine (occurs as a hydrochloride salt when extracted from the cocoa) which has been treated with heat and baking soda to precipitate the hydrochloride (as water and ammonium bicarbonate) leaving the cocaine base as a crystallised rock. Like most crystals, these contain water trapped in the interstices which makes a cracking sound when smoked... Hence the term... It farks the lungs and brains of addicts.

Both of these drugs are highly addictive and far more damaging than pharmaceutical ly pure heroin.

Urine tests are now an extremely common method of performing drug tests and they are very accurate. They can be done within about 36 hours and full screens will differentiate between similar drugs for example between codeine and heroin. Some drugs only remain in the system for relatively short periods before being completely metabolised (amphetamine and cocaine) and others can be detected several weeks after ingestion (cannabis). Human hair is also tested because the evidence of drug use remains for much longer periods.

There is a presumption of innocence in the criminal law and a conviction is only returned when the "beyond reasonable doubt" test is satisfied according to the punters.

An employer need only be satisfied to the civil standard, on the balance of probabilities, before acting to dismiss a person for behavioural/disciplinary matters providing procedural fairness is accorded. I guess that explains the delay between being stood down and terminated but, it's only a guess until the evidence is in.

Kaz

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

He still needs a slap. He's a muppet.

Wasn't it P.T. Barnum who said.

"I don't care what you say about me, just spell my name right"

I think O'Leary is a student of the same school of PR.

[media=liveleak]b5e_1214473286[/media]

Im surprised that no body has mentioned anything about how the US airforce Pilots ( probably more than just them) were given "Speed" during the first Gulf War to keep them alert . A lot of the missions were long in duration. There was a documentry on TV about it a few years ago. Ex USAF pilots were interviewed. They were Ex USAF because the ones interviewed got hooked on the drug, then kicked out of the military as being drugo's. They went on to say that because the were still on a high after they got back from there missions, USAF doctors would give them a sedative so they could get to sleep. Being on uppers, then downers became a cycle.

• Like 1