• I have 3 aircraft still registered Ok
    • I have 4 (or more) aircraft still registered Ok
    • I have 1 aircraft that has been grounded
    • I have 2 aircraft that have been grounded
    • I have 3 aircraft that have been grounded
    • I have 4 (or more) aircraft that have been grounded
    • I think the Board (President) communications around the grounding are Ok
    • I dont believe the board (President) communications are accurate

Now that raises another question. To what extent has RA-Aus made reasonable efforts to ensure that all of those whose registrations have not yet been processed are aware that the are not yet able to fly? Joe Bloggs lives in outback Queensland, has no internet and has been a member for years. Every year he has posted in his renewal, and every year it has taken quite some time to come back due to slow postal services. So he keeps flying, blissfully unaware, thinking the paperwork will turn up eventually.What has been done exactly to ensure that all members are aware that if your registration has been delayed, you must not fly?

Depends if they renew it from the due date or from the date when eventually process the renewal?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that raises another question. To what extent has RA-Aus made reasonable efforts to ensure that all of those whose registrations have not yet been processed are aware that the are not yet able to fly? Joe Bloggs lives in outback Queensland, has no internet and has been a member for years. Every year he has posted in his renewal, and every year it has taken quite some time to come back due to slow postal services. So he keeps flying, blissfully unaware, thinking the paperwork will turn up eventually.What has been done exactly to ensure that all members are aware that if your registration has been delayed, you must not fly?

It is still the same aircraft regardless of rego nothing happens to the aircraft its just a piece of paper and money changing hands all everybody is worried about is insurance claim if something goes wrong.

In the eighty's we didn't have regos or certifications to fly we just did with out any problems whats the difference now ..

• Like 1

It is still the same aircraft regardless of rego nothing happens to the aircraft its just a piece of paper and money changing hands all everybody is worried about is insurance claim if something goes wrong.In the eighty's we didn't have regos or certifications to fly we just did with out any problems whats the difference now ..

Bunch of Nazis trying to dictate our lives.

Today if you cripple someone you have to pay for it. Then you could laugh at them in the wheelchair their parents sold their house to buy.

It's also not just about insurance claims, do some checking on what CASA will do to you now.

CASA have had a heap of funding pulled by the labor govt. they now don't have the funds to hire more staff or pay overtime to the existing field officers. So pretty safe on Christmas day? Bet the 'Skull' has more to loose than i do. I just have a 'garden ornament' now.

Life is full of chances! The likelyhood of falling out of the sky and injuring someone flying over open land is so close to zilch I would be willing to take the risk!

• Like 1

It is still the same aircraft regardless of rego nothing happens to the aircraft its just a piece of paper and money changing hands all everybody is worried about is insurance claim if something goes wrong.

The problem is now days that every one knows that aircraft only can fly on paperwork

• Like 1

To All Interested RAAus Members,

Since the RAAus office have today advised Michael Coates that they are not responding to any emails due to their present workload, an urgent email has been sent to Steve Runciman advising him that the registration issues are going from bad to worse & not as previously notified on the official RAAus website some days ago that things are now back on track, & furthermore there are a lot of little members & commercial organisations out there in the field hurting over this catastrophe which will ultimately end in forced bankruptcies for some people due to no fault of their own but directly due to the negligemce & incompetence of the RAAus Executive Board & ex CEO.

SR has therefore been notified that since he has stated that he is the President of RAAus, he is therefore legally & morally duty bound to rectify this disaster forthwith & the only practical & possible way this can be achieved with the backing & confidence of the members is for the RAAus Executive Board to appint an Administrator today voluntarily or it will most likely be done compulsarily at the EGM on 9.2.13 at which will be at the peril of theRAAus Executive board.

SR has been requested that if an Administrator is appointed to head RAAus today then he will be able to place this news on the official RAAus website this afternoon.096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

yes like that

Well, you need to put [ q u o t e ] at the beginning of the quoted text and [ / q u o t e ] at the end (without spaces).

If you just use the reply function the forum will add some extra info to the beginning quote bracket like this [ q u o t e =Kyle Communications, post: 257477, member: 1910]

Just make sure you write your post outside of the [ quote ] [ /quote ] brackets.

You can also put multiple quotes in a post by using the quote brackets multiple times, just make sure you have the same number of opening and closing brackets.

Also I've found that sometimes the forum will try to "fix" a structure of your post by adding additional opening and closing brackets if you have used manually put in quotes, just use the More Options button to preview your post and check all the brackets.

Im glad Im not caught up in this s@#t fight. I feel sorry for you guys that are & I know some of you have posted on the forum that you will continue to fly. I hope you guys really consisder your actions by posting your intention to fly an unregistered aircraft on the forum for the world to see not a smart move. Just ask yourself would you drive an unregistered car on the road??? . Remember CASA do ramp checks. Dont think because you are in a little rural airfield they wont bother you!

I think the longer this goes on the more likley hood the inspectors will be out in force. I know its frustrating but please stop & think! Hopefuly this will get sorted out real soon.

• Like 1

Well, you need to put [ q u o t e ] at the beginning of the quoted text and [ / q u o t e ] at the end (without spaces).If you just use the reply function the forum will add some extra info to the beginning quote bracket like this [ q u o t e =Kyle Communications, post: 257477, member: 1910]

Just make sure you write your post outside of the [ quote ] [ /quote ] brackets.

You can also put multiple quotes in a post by using the quote brackets multiple times, just make sure you have the same number of opening and closing brackets.

Also I've found that sometimes the forum will try to "fix" a structure of your post by adding additional opening and closing brackets if you have used manually put in quotes, just use the More Options button to preview your post and check all the brackets.

Ok lets see how this comes up...I was using the quotes but there were some s[aces this maybe the issue...will see...sorry to do this in the thread but it has been bugging me

Well, you need to put [ q u o t e ] at the beginning of the quoted text and [ / q u o t e ] at the end (without spaces).If you just use the reply function the forum will add some extra info to the beginning quote bracket like this [ q u o t e =Kyle Communications, post: 257477, member: 1910]

last try sorry to do this

• Like 1

quote="Kyle Communications, post: 257516, member: 1910"][/quote

I just took the front bracket and the rear bracket off the format. Put them back on and you'll have a quote encapsulated.

What often happens is someone deletes the signature and with it goes the

end of quote code so it all appears as a shaded area.

To All Interested RAAus Members,

A response has been received today from SR as a result of sending an earlier email to him today about giving serious consideration to appoint an Adminstrator today due to the catastrophe that currently exists with regard to the grounding of aircraft.

He advised that Neville has notified him yesterday that "He informed me yesterday that the processes being used are improving & they are starting to make real progress with the backlog"

He further stated that an Administrator will not be appointed because the Board have started the process of recruiting a new General Manager.

It was made clear to SR that Michael Coates was advised by the RAAus office earler today that no new aircraft had as yet been registered.

Therefore one must ask themselves is that real progress or going backwards, & therefore since we little people are not privy to the same information that the Executive Board are it is apparent that we are on different pages.

Since the registration catastrophe is suposedly making real proghress , SR has been requested to post on the official RAAus website today the actual number of aircraft that have been the actually registered as at close of business today.096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

To All Interested RAAus Members,A response has been received today from SR as a result of sending an earlier email to him today about giving serious consideration to appoint an Adminstrator today due to the catastrophe that currently exists with regard to the grounding of aircraft.

He advised that Neville has notified him yesterday that "He informed me yesterday that the processes being used are improving & they are starting to make real progress with the backlog"

He further stated that an Administrator will not be appointed because the Board have started the process of recruiting a new General Manager.

It was made clear to SR that Michael Coates was advised by the RAAus office earler today that no new aircraft had as yet been registered.

Therefore one must ask themselves is that real progress or going backwards, & therefore since we little people are not privy to the same information that the Executive Board are it is apparent that we are on different pages.

Since the registration catastrophe is suposedly making real proghress , SR has been requested to post on the official RAAus website today the actual number of aircraft that have been the actually registered as at close of business today.096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

The answer on the web site as of 10.40pm........NONE!

The Pilot will lose his house and all his assets as he should, and in knowing he was doing wrong will do some prison time, as he should.

Despite the comment in the post immediately following TP's post reproduced above, TP is quite correct when he points out the sorts of penalties that might follow a fatal accident involving an aircraft that is not legal to fly.

In my view, a person flying an aircraft after it has been grounded who has an accident involving the death of a third party would be looking at manslaughter (reckless indifference) and massive restitution / compensation awards.

Kaz

I haven't put this in the survey, as it isn't my aircraft, but I was talking to a CFI today whose J230 had been re-registered recently (last few weeks) and promptly. So that's one renewal (out of how many?)

dodo

Had a look at the RAAus site about 20 minutes ago (around 11:00pm est), and found this;

AIRCRAFT REGISTRATIONS UPDATE 5/12/12

December 5, 2012 | opsassist

I have received correspondence from members expressing concern about the number of aircraft registrations we are currently processing and the fact that as at yesterday (Tue 4 Dec 12) we had not processed any new aircraft registrations. I respectfully request that members put any information they receive into perspective. We did not receive permission to start registering new aircraft until very late on Friday afternoon. The Technical Consultant was not in the office on Monday, so by the time the phone call was made to the office on Tuesday we had not processed any new registrations but, as can be seen, there was a reason for this.

The team were working through some new registration applications today but were slowed down due to missing documentation. Members are asked to check the paperwork and documents being provided and check again prior to sending the application to the office. I have also heard of a few members not sending their paperwork in because of the current situation. I ask that once you are sure that your paperwork is correct that you do not hang on to it but send it to the office as soon as you can.

Please rest assured that the team are working through the files as quickly as possible and are getting the aircraft registered as soon as they can. There are more people arriving tomorrow to provide assistance and this should help with the backlog.

It has been noted that members being requested to provide documentation are doing so in a timely manner and I would like to express my thanks for your patience and understanding during this difficult period.

Kind regards,

Steve Runciman

President

My underline. (was going to use italics until I realised that quotes are already in italics!)

Guest Andys@coffs

This is a way of avoiding the issue...All along we have been talking renewals because theoretically they started much further back.....Todays message from SR where he identifies we are being unreasonable is talking about new registrations where he can claim hey it was only Friday that we were able to proceed........Im sure in a weeks time if the figure remains 0 for new registrations we will no doubt discuss, but I want to know about the existing fleet....is that also 0.....

Perhaps transfers is the next thing he can discuss instead of talking about renewals!