T/port available & Proxies for RAAus Meeting

Admin

Maybe we should move a motion that all our Board members attend something like this:

• Secrets of Successful Boards (Tuesday 26 February, 10.00am - 3.00pm)
    A healthy committee of management or board is integral to the success of any community organisation. This full-day course will help you to understand your legal and practical responsibilities as a committee/board member, and how you can create a more harmonious, more productive and more effective working group.
    Fee: $295
    Further information: www.ourcommunity.com.au/boardseminars

Don't miss these great opportunities.

Best regards,

The Our Community Team

If you can't make it to these courses, some of our practical publications may be of interest to you: www.ourcommunity.com.au/books

Fast Forward: Please feel free to send this email on to your networks. If you're not a member of Our Community and you would like to be - sign up at www.ourcommunity.com.au/signup. It's free!

• Haha 2

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Settle please, those email addresses are well and truly pulic knowledge. As are their phone numbers. We should all take a step back and look at what these accusations are actually doing other than causing everyone angst. There is absolutely no privacy breach whatsoever in using or publicizing them.

Where are the physical addresses of Board Members previously available?

Uncles Steve, Paul and Eugene would relish the opportunity to show others how to run a successful association.

I thought you said they didn't know how to do that. 096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

• Caution 1

We need to put it into perspective. What are we worried about here, someone taking revenge by egging some board members house?

Some people, such as those who enforce or advise on the law, work in areas where there is the possibility that a person or persons they have worked with might do very nasty things to them or their families. It is wholly reasonable that they should be deeply perturbed at the unauthorised distribution of their private information.

Kaz

• Agree 4

OK, Back on thread sort of, Time is running out and people are getting their proxies in, but an important question....

"Are there any motions to be put forward at the meeting?"thrown_out.gif.7fbb72ed7fd7195fcf0bc8f5fa5c9c73.gif

They may be in other threads, but without re-reading about 60 pages of threads, I can't find them.....?

Guest Andys@coffs
OK, Back on thread sort of, Time is running out and people are getting their proxies in, but an important question...."Are there any motions to be put forward at the meeting?"thrown_out.gif.7fbb72ed7fd7195fcf0bc8f5fa5c9c73.gif

They may be in other threads, but without re-reading about 60 pages of threads, I can't find them.....?

Pylon500

There are no predefined motions. I was rather rudely and abruptly told that the unconstitutional motion that Gavin and Myles thought up between them would be a motion on notice and that it would be sent out in the secretaries letter taht we recieved a few days ago, but as you can see from Middo's letter there is obviously a lawyer checking what they do now, and unsuprisingky the motion that was going to be on motion now no longer is......

As such the only possible way to provide a proxy now is to rule out the 2nd option and go with the "Vote as sees fit on the day".

Which is logical, communications with the board sucks and is just waffle instead of warts and all as we would expect, and as such until we know how good or bad things are we cant know what to put forward as motions yet.

Andy

Pylon500There are no predefined motions. I was rather rudely and abruptly told that the unconstitutional motion that Gavin and Myles thought up between them would be a motion on notice and that it would be sent out in the secretaries letter taht we recieved a few days ago, but as you can see from Middo's letter there is obviously a lawyer checking what they do now, and unsuprisingky the motion that was going to be on motion now no longer is......

As such the only possible way to provide a proxy now is to rule out the 2nd option and go with the "Vote as sees fit on the day".

Which is logical, communications with the board sucks and is just waffle instead of warts and all as we would expect, and as such until we know how good or bad things are we cant know what to put forward as motions yet.

Andy

I for one will not vote through a proxy without first knowing what iam voting for "vote as sees fit on the day" does not represent the views of the person using the proxy system

Mick W

Guest Andys@coffs

Mick

Yeah I know, but what do you do? Not voting at all similarly doesnt represent the views of the person and measn that you get what you get and nothing you can do about it? If you discuss with a proxy holder there a better chance of getting what you want than not voting at all isnt there?

Hows that Auster going?

Andy (who used to be in the hangar opposite you before the freeway was put in! Yellow Trike then J230)

does not represent the views of the person using the proxy system

As Andy implies, you need to know and trust your proxy.

If not give it to someone else.......

My proxy is going to my CFI, as I trust him, and he's going to the meeting of course.

I can see where having an open motion for any length of time, gives them a chance to make (up) excuses.

"Are there any motions to be put forward at the meeting?"

Well I have one, I propose we are given full disclosure on the findings from accidents so that we can all learn what went wrong and how it went wrong, not just this sanitised version we seem to get, how can we fix it if we dont know?

Was it a structual failure of the aircraft in which case we can send our a circular to owners to check their planes or was it a training failure in human factors or similar, we can include it into our training program or work harder on the particular problem that was indentified.

We are losing good people and we need this info to try and fix it IMO.

So their is my motion for the meeting.

David

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

MickYeah I know, but what do you do? Not voting at all similarly doesnt represent the views of the person and measn that you get what you get and nothing you can do about it? If you discuss with a proxy holder there a better chance of getting what you want than not voting at all isnt there?

Hows that Auster going?

Andy (who used to be in the hangar opposite you before the freeway was put in! Yellow Trike then J230)

Andy

the auster is good

I agree we have problems but i would prefer this meeting to be an info collecting exercise motions moved but not voted on till next meeting at natfly then we can all give an honest vote

Mick W

Well I have one, I propose we are given full disclosure on the findings from accidents so that we can all learn what went wrong and how it went wrong, not just this sanitised version we seem to get, how can we fix it if we dont know?Was it a structual failure of the aircraft in which case we can send our a circular to owners to check their planes or was it a training failure in human factors or similar, we can include it into our training program or work harder on the particular problem that was indentified.

We are losing good people and we need this info to try and fix it IMO.

So their is my motion for the meeting.

David

You'll find the answers to that over and over and over again on these forum threads David.

The power to investigate RA accidents is vested in the police and they do not release details..

Well that may be the case Turbo but just because it is done this way doesn't make it right, this policy helps no one..IMO..I think it should be a discussion issue, I don't how you do it, I am not in the a legal person but I think it it needs to be addressed and not just talked about.. people that I have spoken to and in general say it needs to be changed so that we get full disclosure after all the facts are bought together, well lets get off our bums and bloodly well do something about it..its just to important..

(I have just seen the class action tread, maybe I should have put this there)

David

• Agree 1

Andythe auster is good

I agree we have problems but i would prefer this meeting to be an info collecting exercise motions moved but not voted on till next meeting at natfly then we can all give an honest vote

Mick W

How good, Mick? What mark is it? What have you got under the bonnet? Will you be at the Auster flyin?

I honestly think that if the situation with RAAus isn't sorted at this meeting a lot of people will walk away in disgust. The Board Exec have had years to get the basics right and yet they have gone backwards in recent times. Something stinks at the top and sooner or later it will all come out.

Kaz

• Agree 1

. . . The power to investigate RA accidents is vested in the police and they do not release details..

We had the opportunity last year to have our accident investigations come under the ATSB who would have given 30 day preliminary reports. Our Board Exec and the CEO failed to follow up on the offer and it has probably lapsed by now. If the investigation is done under the ATSB legislation prosecutions cannot flow from the info they disclose. That way there is no need for anyone to lie and the real causes of the accident are found out and communicated.

In the present system where RA-Aus help the Police, if any safety issue arises that needs something like an AD, the RA-Aus staff make sure that info gets published de-identified of course. There is no way the Ops manager would sit on that sort of info and not do something about it.

• Winner 1

How good, Mick? What mark is it? What have you got under the bonnet? Will you be at the Auster flyin?I honestly think that if the situation with RAAus isn't sorted at this meeting a lot of people will walk away in disgust. The Board Exec have had years to get the basics right and yet they have gone backwards in recent times. Something stinks at the top and sooner or later it will all come out.

Kaz

Kaz, I'm disgusted even before the meeting but where can I walk to? By mere dint of my RAAus Pilot Certificate and my RAA registered aircraft, I'm locked in whether I'm happy or not! I'm doubly frustrated in that myself and 9000 or 13000 (who knows???) other recreational flyers are being held to ransom by this onerous system. I do share your optimism that it will get sorted in time and I go on record to state that we are non-deserving fools should we ever allow it to happen again. Keep smiling (but keep the pressure on!) cheers Riley

Well that may be the case Turbo but just because it is done this way doesn't make it right, this policy helps no one..IMO..I think it should be a discussion issue, I don't how you do it, I am not in the a legal person but I think it it needs to be addressed and not just talked about.. people that I have spoken to and in general say it needs to be changed so that we get full disclosure after all the facts are bought together, well lets get off our bums and bloodly well do something about it..its just to important..(I have just seen the class action tread, maybe I should have put this there)

David

David this is not the time or the thread to pursue this.; I'm probably the most outspoken person on here wanting formal investigations, however there's no point getting up the board members, there's not point suing CASA and there's no point suing ATSB. None of these people are responsible for the problem.

Your choices are:

(a) Close down RAA and assimilate into the GA system where you will get ATSB reports if ATSB considers the expense warranted.

(b) Contact your State Minister for Police and Emergency Services and ask him to try to get the Police similar powers and indemnifications to ATSB to allow them to release details of their investigations into recreational aircraft crashes. That's something you can do with your own bum, you don't need ours.

We had the opportunity last year to have our accident investigations come under the ATSB who would have given 30 day preliminary reports. Our Board Exec and the CEO failed to follow up on the offer and it has probably lapsed by now.

THIS... is something that can be followed up upon at the coming EGM.

That's something you can do with your own bum, you don't need ours.

Turbo sorry that's crap, this problem is all of our problem and as such needs to be addressed by our RA-Aus and with input for the membership if we want this changed, one person will do nothing !!!

• Agree 1

How good, Mick? What mark is it? What have you got under the bonnet? Will you be at the Auster flyin?I honestly think that if the situation with RAAus isn't sorted at this meeting a lot of people will walk away in disgust. The Board Exec have had years to get the basics right and yet they have gone backwards in recent times. Something stinks at the top and sooner or later it will all come out.

Kaz

Kaz

VH ABS (owned since 1984) J1B Gipsy Major the auster rally depends on work load may take the Thatcher (quicker)

Mick

Hi Everyone,

Due to a lot of requests by RA-Aus members in my local area I have decided to bite the bullet and attend the RA-Aus General Meeting at Queanbeyan on the 9th February.

I have had a number of people who trust my judgement request that I act as their proxy at the meeting.

I am happy to accept any proxies from members of this site who have not as yet made up their mind as to who should hold their proxy vote.

If you would like me to hold your proxy vote you need to complete it and Email it to me before Friday.

My details are:

Email [email protected]

Details of proxy Holder: John Gardon

PO Box 154

Wardell NSW 2477

Member #5334

You also need to select whether you wish me to vote in a particular way on each question; or how I see fit, if you trust my judgement.

In addition to sending it to me, you need to send it to [email protected] by 09:30 on Friday or I suspect that it will be judged invalid.

Regards,

John Gardon