I bet you dont have an incorporated action group after you!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Gave it another shot. Hopefully this time of night they are in bed, dreaming about big white X's on the Airfield and all the terrible terrible Pilots having to find other hobbies. That way my comments might actually stay up for a bit

Guest SAJabiruflyer

the other annoying thing is the NAME of the group makes one think it's PRO Airport, or at least thats what I thought when I visited it first. I cant beleive that the dozens of comments FOR the Airport have been deleted, and I have just said so. Not that anyone will know by the time the groups admin gets out of bed, sour look on face, thinking "who can we complain about today"

Guest SAJabiruflyer

And now it seems ALL the comments from last night have been deleted. And it also seems you cant add any more comments... now that's just un-Australian

And now it seems ALL the comments from last night have been deleted. And it also seems you cant add any more comments... now that's just un-Australian

Maybe that is Facebook's response to the complaint by Gentreau (#49)?

I'm sure Facebook would be able to see what was written stating all comments welcome, and be able to see the comments that were deleted.

Guest SAJabiruflyer
Maybe that is Facebook's response to the complaint by Gentreau (#49)?I'm sure Facebook would be able to see what was written stating all comments welcome, and be able to see the comments that were deleted.

It could well be, I wonder if FB's initial response to a complaint is to restrict the page and it's ability to change anything, until a human investigates? Who knows.

It could well be, I wonder if FB's initial response to a complaint is to restrict the page and it's ability to change anything, until a human investigates? Who knows.

Could the best response be for everyone that has had a comment deleted to put in a formal complaint to Facebook?

Guest SAJabiruflyer
Could the best response be for everyone that has had a comment deleted to put in a formal complaint to Facebook?

Roger that, did that last night 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Just posted this on their FB page - will be interesting to see how long it lasts. These kind of "action groups" are a serious threat not just to aviation but to our whole system of govt. They feed on fear, in the same way terrorism does, to intimidate decision makers and get their own way. There is only one antidote to it: public officials with courage, that more than any other attribute is what we should be looking for at election time - quiet, firm, reasoned courage.

To FB:

"Noise is a funny thing - how people perceive it depends on what they think is making it. Distant traffic noise sounds very similar to distant ocean noise. Imagine lying in bed listening to one then the other - how do you feel ? I'm sure aircraft engine noise genuinely irritates you but ask yourself honestly if it is because its noise or because its from an aircraft ? If the former - well you have no respite from lawn mower or car noise either. But you probably use both of those yourself huh ? If the latter, I suggest you go to the airfield have a joy flight or even better a trial instructional flight - you might like and will see that the people with a passion for Aviation are not selfish creeps bent on disturbing your peace. If that happens I guarantee your irritation at aircraft noise will miraculously disappear. I really hope so because the country needs aviation including basic training. If its really safety you are concerned about just ask your insurance company what's the likelihood of a plane crashing on top of you? Slipping and falling under your lawn mower is more likely.

Yep took about an hour to delete mine and all others that didn't fit their agenda. I will just keep posting, every hour "Warning: the owner of this supposedly open discussion site is routinely deleting any comment opposed to their agenda, no matter how reasoned and polite. What you see is not representative of the actual response (which has been overwhelmingly supportive of keeping existing arrangements at Jaspers Brush airport)". That will get me blocked soon - but if others pick it up and keep posting the number of people blocked will signal to FB that all is not as it seems...

The JBAAG facebook site urges that concerned people contact the mayor of Shoalhaven (Joanna Gash) and councillors. I've taken them at their word just emailed them ([email protected]) to warn them that the supposedly open JBAAG forum on FB is nothing of the sort. Might I suggest that all subsequent comments on the FB forum be cc'd to the council email with the note "attempted to post on the JBAAG FB site" ? That would at least, reduce the credibility of this site in the eyes of the decision makers to zero.

• Winner 4

The JBAAG facebook site urges that concerned people contact the mayor of Shoalhaven (Joanna Gash) and councillors. I've taken them at their word just emailed them ([email protected]) to warn them that the supposedly open JBAAG forum on FB is nothing of the sort. Might I suggest that all subsequent comments on the FB forum be cc'd to the council email with the note "attempted to post on the JBAAG FB site" ? That would at least, reduce the credibility of this site in the eyes of the decision makers to zero.

Hi BoxFat,

Please post this comment on the FB support page too. This is golden !

• Agree 1

Hongie said:

I've come to realise over my short life, that there are some people out there who like nothing more then to spoil it for others, just because they can. If there is a pseudo-believeable reason they can blame it on, all the better..

up here we call 'em wankers, and they need to get a job, and/or a life.

Disagree Hongie, It is more often about the almighty dollar. You buy the property cheap because it is near an airfield, then kick an scream about it until they close it down, now your property is worth double. Human nature is a disgraceful thing sometimes 013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

Regards Bill

no, no... 'wankers' sums it up just about right...

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Here is Council's response to my Email

Mr

Thank you for your comments relating to the Jaspers Brush Airport Action Group website.

The issues raised have been noted and your email has been placed on the relevant file.

You would appreciate that Council has no control over the contents on the abovementioned

Jaspers Brush Airport Action Group website.

Perhaps not all comments received are in the interests of this particular group.

It is understood that the Jaspers Brush Airport Action Group is seeking legal action in the NSW

Land and Environment Court with the ultimate aim of closing down the Jaspers Brush airfield.

The removal of certain comments from their website may be related in some way.

I trust this information is of assistance.

Peter Marczuk

Senior Development Planner

Development and Environmental Service

Shoalhaven City Council

Ph 4429 3528

Email: marczuk at shoalhaven.nsw.goc.au