I bet you dont have an incorporated action group after you!!!

Here ya go Tubs. http://www3.shoalhaven.nsw.gov.au/masterviewUI/modules/ApplicationMaster/default.aspx?page=wrapper&key=58832&propkey=80479

Its a long complicated DA. The original plan was to get rid of exisitng use rights as a basis and we tried going for a " community facility" which would have aloud the use. But some people in, lets say high places, recomended strongly that we stick with EUR, which we did.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a personel note. So you know what sort of people you are dealing with, one of these objectors felt the urge, (when the police were removing two deceased crash victims from a wreck,)to yell ovewrt the fence. "It should have been two of the local club members". Im serious. That was heard by several club members and police. Charming people hey.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaspers-Brush-Airport-Action-Group/130875137067195?fref=ts

check out the page

This is disgusting some people are absolute scumbags

• Agree 1

I thought I might update you all on the plight of our little flying club and airfield.To keep a long story short, we have had objecters for some time now.

The original problem was noise complaints. Until good old science and facts disproved that argument, hands down, you see, we have ways of actually measuring how loud aircraft are..I KNOW, what an age hey??

Now the group has incorporated themselves and are taking us, and the local council to the land and envirnoment court, claiming that council granted us consent to operate on false basis.

Its mind boggling. Now we have to front up with thousands of dollars, just because this group dispute the DA.

Unreal hey.

Anyway, they have a Facebook page. I invite you all to comment on the page. No bias, read the arguments for yourself and give your honest opinion. Id love the page to be SWAMPED with positive 'flying' comments.

On a personel note. So you know what sort of people you are dealing with, one of these objectors felt the urge, (when the police were removing two deceased crash victims from a wreck,)to yell ovewrt the fence. "It should have been two of the local club members". Im serious. That was heard by several club members and police. Charming people hey.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaspers-Brush-Airport-Action-Group/130875137067195?fref=ts

check out the page

just checked the satellite photo: it seems there are no houses nearby, and the airfield has been operating since 1975. Why would anyone want to build in a flood zone near an existing airstrip? I don't get what is the problem with these people who are objecting.

just checked the satellite photo: it seems there are no houses nearby, and the airfield has been operating since 1975. Why would anyone want to build in a flood zone near an existing airstrip? I don't get what is the problem with these people who are objecting.

yeh i looked too..wtf.. must be 1 or 2 people from 1 of the 2 houses?008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Up here at Charters Towers we have a NEW development built within about 300mts of the approach of the main strip (06), so in most times an aorcraft would be about 100' high on late final going over the houses below tell me we not expecting some new "friends". just hoping the Air Force start night time training again, ohh boy that will just be great, and the council just last week annouced they are looking at upgrading the strip to allow normal night activities for FIFO mine workers, it just gets better and better up here too.

• Informative 1

I've come to realise over my short life, that there are some people out there who like nothing more then to spoil it for others, just because they can. If there is a pseudo-believeable reason they can blame it on, all the better..

up here we call 'em wankers, and they need to get a job, and/or a life.

• Agree 4

I've come to realise over my short life, that there are some people out there who like nothing more then to spoil it for others, just because they can. If there is a pseudo-believeable reason they can blame it on, all the better..up here we call 'em wankers, and they need to get a job, and/or a life.

Disagree Hongie,

It is more often about the almighty dollar. You buy the property cheap because it is near an airfield, then kick an scream about it until they close it down, now your property is worth double. Human nature is a disgraceful thing sometimes 013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

Regards Bill

• Agree 2

The issue is not alternative uses for the airstrip but the quiet enjoyment by the neighbours of their properties - and the improved resale value of the properties. look to a local developer or real estate agent who get paid a percentage on price - better prices better fees. If it is a choice between a green and a developer, the developer will wrap themselves in the flag so fast your head will spin.

Maybe if you can get the right developer, you could turn it into an airpark. Buy the surrounding properties and put in hangars and taxiways.

• Like 3
  • Winner 1

when i mentioned it floods, and the change of zoning will allow building, i still dont see it happening, as unlike other built on floodplains, that flood once every 25 or more years, the land around Jaspers Brush floods quite a few times Every year...

That should have been ample warning of future legal problems for the Council UL, but they didn't see it your way. They actually took the flood zoning off, which removes impediments to building, earthworks etc.

• Helpful 1

Guest SAJabiruflyer

I think a polite reminder would be appropriate... any negative or abusive comments on here regarding this "Action Group" could be used against those of us supporting the Airport. This is public, and I'd urge everyone not to give them any ammunition. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Thank you all for your suport. The group claims to be honest and transparent, but have removed all but 1 of the comments supporting the airfield. Thats ok, ill keep hammering the page..lol.. If you get bored, feel free to ask them why they removed comments if they invited them.

• Winner 1

Thank you all for your suport. The group claims to be honest and transparent, but have removed all but 1 of the comments supporting the airfield. Thats ok, ill keep hammering the page..lol.. If you get bored, feel free to ask them why they removed comments if they invited them.

Gee ,I put a bit of thought into mine,,,shoulda saved it somewhere, not surprising though