First Solo!

Hey Guys!

So a couple weeks ago my instructor booked me in for my Solo... Last Saturday was that day!

Well at first I thought he was joking when he told me he was getting out.. and then I thought he was completely bonkers FOR getting out!

He wanted me, an inexperienced aviator with just shy of 10 hours in the hotseat to take this $80,000 magical contraption for a spin around the Airfeild with noone there beside me!

Nah, In all seriousness it was one of the best feelings I have ever experienced:

I taxied out to the active runway did all of my checks and then set to it. I must say the Plane has a different feeling when your the only one in it, the Engine takes on a different note and seems more spritely. Just like Ayavner said 700 feet before the end of the runway and boy did it like to climb!

My first landing was spot on, it even earned a comment from my instructor over the radio "beautiful landing mate"

All in all my first solo was a success and the flying bug has bitten me harder than ever, I cannot wait to get out and do it all again!

PS: I'm Still Smiling!

Cheers,

Camo

543831_10151356588780778_1272077847_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • Winner 1

Well done camo! I am also smiling all over again, just thinking about it! So when's the dreaded "Second Solo"??Congrats!!!

Thanks mate,

Its just such a great feeling, im still over the moon!

The second Solo might this coming Saturday!!

Camo

What Cam didn't show was the CFI pulling the cowls off the aircraft straight after he landed. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

In all seriousness well done Cam now the real learning begins. I knew I changed to flying Sundays for a reason. Too many students flying in the circuit Saturdays:crazy: .

hey my 2nd solo is this coming Saturday too! Best of luck mate! nahh, you don't need luck now!

yeah mag, can't wait for area solo too, that will remind me why i am doing this in the first place!

• Agree 1

hey my 2nd solo is this coming Saturday too! Best of luck mate! nahh, you don't need luck now!yeah mag, can't wait for area solo too, that will remind me why i am doing this in the first place!

Im excited for area solo. Gives you a little time to take it all in! Everything happens so quickly in the circuit, it goes too quick be nervous lol!

We are going to tie a piece of string to Cam's plane so he can find his way back to Gawler.

I also plan on leaving a trail of breadcrumbs as my back up source of navigation just incase i cut the string in a steep turn ;-) lol

• Haha 1
  • Caution 1

Congrats CAM. . . . .

It's all downhill from here on in mate, the excitement level of the second flight can never be as cool as the first one ! ! ! ( Bit like your first sex encounter in a way,. . . . unfortunatlely, with mine, I was alone and frightened,. . . pretty much just like me first solo in an airycraft though ! ! ! ! ! ! )

Welcome to the slippery slope to financial oblivion mate ! ! ! ! Would you like to purchase my little booklet, entitled. . . " Excuses to give to your partner to cover the fact you were actually flying when you should have been doing something else. . ."

It's AMAZING how you'll find time to fly, when you are really extremely busy . . . . .

Anyway mate, welcome to one of the best forums around.

Phil

• Like 1

Camo: Yep, you'll have to have surgery to remove the smile. But leave it there for a while just to soak it all in.

You'll never forget the solo and it's something no one can ever take away from you.

• Like 1

welcome to a very exclusive club! of the Billions of people on earth, you are now a member of the few who can now fly above it!

Even better, if you can manage just around 5280 feet, I think you'll find it even more exclusive and rewarding! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

I won't bother making a new thread but...

SECOND SOLO = TICK

And I must say that smile is still bolted onto my face!

Saturday was a little challenging. I checked out the area report before I left and it was calling for winds at 35knts from the north. When I arrived there was a little wind but not enough to worry the Jab. The instructor and I headed off 31 for a couple circuits which were a tad bumpy but nothing we couldn't handle. Then...

My Instructor got out! (seems to be making a Habbit of this 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif )

The wind picked up a tad on my first circuit and it also decided to add a cross wind into the mix. bit of crabbing to get me down to the runway but I was happy with my landing. Reset the Trim, Flaps half and went to do it all again! This time when I got onto final it felt like I needed alot more power to keep it at the right angle of pitch, Next thing I know the wind is coming from the West.. Then it is coming from the East and then it was behind me!! At this point I decided to make it a fullstop landing.

All in all it was a challenging morning but it was a good test of the skills. Even though it was a bit nerve racking I loved every minute of it! Can't wait to do it all again!

Camo

• Like 1