Site Cosmetic Changes

Admin

By now you should have seen some cosmetic changes that have been made to the site:

1. The User Menu - your User Menu Username (settings), Inbox, Alerts and Log Out functions have been moved to the top right corner of the header to make room on the main menu for some new sections that are coming soon

2. Hover Links - a very subtle change to the colour of text to red when you hover on an internal link

3. Main Menu Hover Links - the background colour when hovering on a main menu link now looks better

4. User Post Details - the box on the left of a post that contains the user details has been modernised to look better with also making your avatar stand out more and to clearly see who are the site's First Class Members

5. Post Quote Blocks - the blocks of quoted posts have been changed to a cleaner look

These changes along with the other recent improvements of the Thread Prefixes, Go To Top etc, I feel the site is looking much better...hope you agree...if there is anything you think could look or work better then please let me know

• Agree 1

OH, DID YOU KNOW...

Did you know that if you click on a User's Location in the user box on the left of a post, Google Maps opens up with that location displayed...that's if the user has entered a location, specific or general in their settings...however just putting something like South Coast in their will not work but entering something general like Melbourne Australia or Watsonia Melbourne will work...just a little "did you know"...try it now, click the location shown in the box on the left

• Like 2

I generally like the fresh new look, but find the wide blue borders on the user avatars tend to make them all look the same when it comes to recognising people posting in threads. Definitely like the floating "Top of Page" button.

I generally like the fresh new look, but find the wide blue borders on the user avatars tend to make them all look the same when it comes to recognising people posting in threads. Definitely like the floating "Top of Page" button.

Thanks Mate...I just made them slightly smaller however that's the minimum I can go in terms of border size as any smaller takes the width away from the rest of the box like for the Username etc. The only other option is to replace the blue with another colour

Just changed it back to the way they were due to some other issues like the width for Aircraft and Location...some user panels became so long that for posts of only a line or two it look silly with so much empty white space in a post

Just changed it back to the way they were due to some other issues like the width for Aircraft and Location...some user panels became so long that for posts of only a line or two it look silly with so much empty white space in a post

Perhaps a max number of character limit is needed for the avatar panel.

Another suggestion would be to include "Local Aerodrome" in the panel, perhaps linking the Yxxx code or GPS coordinates to a Googlemap position? Members may live 100km either side of an aerodrome and not know that their friends use it too.

• Like 1

Perhaps a max number of character limit is needed for the avatar panel.

Will look into that

Another suggestion would be to include "Local Aerodrome" in the panel, perhaps linking the Yxxx code or GPS coordinates to a Googlemap position? Members may live 100km either side of an aerodrome and not know that their friends use it too.

You can put your aerodrome (Yxxx) into the Location field in your settings now which displays your airfield to other users and when clicked, your aerodrome will be displayed in Google Maps...if you look at Ahlocks post above and click the YSWG he has as his Location, Wagga Wagga Airfield is displayed in Google Maps...You can put in your Location field either your general location, specific location, Airfield Identifier etc...always best to check the link in one of your posts to make sure Google Maps can pick it up

By now you should have seen some cosmetic changes that have been made to the site:1. The User Menu - your User Menu Username (settings), Inbox, Alerts and Log Out functions have been moved to the top right corner of the header to make room on the main menu for some new sections that are coming soon

2. Hover Links - a very subtle change to the colour of text to red when you hover on an internal link

3. Main Menu Hover Links - the background colour when hovering on a main menu link now looks better

4. User Post Details - the box on the left of a post that contains the user details has been modernised to look better with also making your avatar stand out more and to clearly see who are the site's First Class Members

5. Post Quote Blocks - the blocks of quoted posts have been changed to a cleaner look

These changes along with the other recent improvements of the Thread Prefixes, Go To Top etc, I feel the site is looking much better...hope you agree...if there is anything you think could look or work better then please let me know

Instead of the floating "top of page" button, (which I do like). What about just have the header fixed (which includes the menus) and the rest of the page scrolls, that way you have access to the menus all the time. No need to scroll back up.

Regards Keith.

Instead of the floating "top of page" button, (which I do like). What about just have the header fixed (which includes the menus) and the rest of the page scrolls, that way you have access to the menus all the time. No need to scroll back up.Regards Keith.

The menu is also across the bottom in the site footer (except for the user menu) but having the header fixed would be a nightmare for those on small screens and mobile devices that prefer to use the PC style instead of the mobile style...which I might add (mobile style) is going to go through a major transformation very soon as well.