Telemarketers/scammers from L2 list

M61A1

Just had an interesting phone call from someone with an unusual accent, offering investment opportunities. Why I ask on this site is, they knew my name (no big deal) and that I was a level two maintainer.

There is only one place this is on record, any other L2's had similar incidents? If so, how does one fix this problem?

How did RAA information end up in a telemarketers office?

Guest Crezzi
Just had an interesting phone call from someone with an unusual accent, offering investment opportunities. Why I ask on this site is, they knew my name (no big deal) and that I was a level two maintainer.There is only one place this is on record, any other L2's had similar incidents? If so, how does one fix this problem?

http://www.raa.asn.au/contact/instructors-and-maintenance/l2-april-2013-2/

• 2 weeks later...
I got a call also as a L2. I just sat the phone down on the bench and let them talk to the air.

LOL not "talk to the hand" more like "talk to the bench"! I get these Microsoft emergency team scammers a fair bit. I let the talk to the bench as well, or I just give them full volume non-stop profanity. They go away pretty quickly.

Just had an interesting phone call from someone with an unusual accent, offering investment opportunities. Why I ask on this site is, they knew my name (no big deal) and that I was a level two maintainer.There is only one place this is on record, any other L2's had similar incidents? If so, how does one fix this problem?

I got the same call as well ,if someone calls me with a strange accent i just hang up. To get info all they have to do is go on the RAA website and all your contact details are there if you are a L2 or CFI etc. Cheers Steve.

LOL not "talk to the hand" more like "talk to the bench"! I get these Microsoft emergency team scammers a fair bit. I let the talk to the bench as well, or I just give them full volume non-stop profanity. They go away pretty quickly.

I had the Microsoft scammers give me a call a while back, asked me to type in some stuff and then wanted to know what was on the screen,,,he spells it out in a bad attempt at the phonetic alphabet , I tell him a word has come up on the screen, write this down I say,,, FOXTROT,UNIFORM,CHARLIE,KILO,OSCAR,OSCAR,FOXTROT, went through him and two supervisors till I got one to read back ,,,,if I have the time I enjoy tormenting the buggers :-)

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

Hi Franchesca, Welcome to the site...what area in the States do you come from or fly in. We need more US imput on this site........................................Cheers Maj...014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Hi Franchesca, Welcome to the site...what area in the States do you come from or fly in. We need more US imput on this site........................................Cheers Maj...014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

She was a spammer

walk over to the microwave and go along with it, whe they tell you to d something, just add a few seconds, wait for the ding, and say, wow, it worked, my food is actually hot! awesome! thank them, then hang up.

• Haha 1

We normally don't get scammer phone calls anymore. The do not call register seems to work quite well. Although one slips through occasionally, and when it does, I politely say that we are on the do not call register so don't ring this number again. If that doesn't work and they continue to talk jibberish . It makes my blood boil and the massive verbal abuse that I can spit out makes me wonder if the person who rang would ever make another phone call again.smoking.gif.2d8aabfab26579c9810e4f07a330ce61.gif

Another time I had a spammer call ,,,,,

Hello

I'm rahessh,,oops Steve from bla bla bla

What are you wearing Steve?

Eh ,,,,I have a great deal on phones bla bla bla

Steve I need to know what your wearing

Why would you need to know that( best done with an accent and a head wobble)

Cause if your sitting there naked Steve I'm not real comfortable having this conversation with you

Er,,,er ,,,I have a shirt, jumper and biege slacks on

That's good Steve and I don't want your phone plan!

Like I say if I've got the time they can be a bit of a laugh

I have a little karioke machine and just started singing again after xxx years. I too went through a periond of getting nightly calls mainly with an Indian accent. As soon as they started, I started singing the Jim Reeves song "Put your sweet lips a little closer to the phone, lets pretend we're all alone"--------

Haven't heard from them for 2 weeks now:yikes: other than what sounded suspiciously like "bloody blimey" at the end of one call.

How ungrateful can they get?013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

I would regularly get the 'Microsoft' slow computer callers from India.

Sometimes I just tell them I'm on a Mac and they hang up.

Or, if I want a bit of fun I ask them to hold a minute while my call tracker finishes downloading their phone number.

The beginners hang up right away, the smart-a$$es usually say "You can not find our switchboard number", to which I reply, "Country code 91, and area code 33, I then slow down as if waiting for more numbers and slowly say, two, two, (pause), one, (another longer pause) four"...

This is a valid country/area heading for an area in India known for these calls.

And if they haven't hung up, say things like "That's interesting.... my Mac is having trouble with your last numbers, I guess I could just add 3111 for your switchboard?"

Trouble is I'm usually having tea when they ring up....

• Like 1