The Banned Airline

The technology defeats me... The link takes me to a page but no video, just advertisements. Maybe it doesn't work on my apple device? Ah we'll, shouldn't watch things that raise the blood pressure on a flying day.

016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gifi hope they weren't in the air at the time, other than that What a workplace ! Great looking girl too.

In the air and cruising on auto-pilot. Flight Crew don't have much to do except keep a wary eye open for some-thing interesting( other planes....fool!)

Guest Maj Millard

Can she do that in the closer confines of a Lightwing ??..................................... 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif .......Maj...008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Can she do that in the closer confines of a Lightwing ??..................................... 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif .......Maj...008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

It will no longer be called the Cockpit but the Box Office.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1

In the air and cruising on auto-pilot. Flight Crew don't have much to do except keep a wary eye open for some-thing interesting( other planes....fool!)

Some turbulence at that time would have made it even more fun 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

Spilling coffee is more dangerous. Nev

I once flew to Kiev, for reasons which are unnassociated with flying threads, so no comment about that, BUT, the only way I could get to the destination city I needed from England was to fly to Amsterdam, then book a flight from there. For the uninitiated,. . . . Schipol airport has dozens of operators who are allowed to operate from that site, whereas, in the UK, for . . .either safety record, OR political / Financial reasons, . . . many are not. I booked onto a flight with Aeroflot,. . . the Russian National carrier ( as it was then ) which turned out to be a very ancient Ilyushin machine vaguely resembling ( approximately ) a B727.

I was having a bit of kip in my seat, when I was rudely awakened by the stewardess, (who, incidentally looked a bit like Ernest Borgnine,. . . .) spilling part of the contents of a kettle of boiling water over my shoulder as she struggled up the aisle stepping over goats and dogs, plus baggage left in the aisle,. . . and tripped.

Not the most comfortable flight I've ever had. . . . and I wouldn't reccommend the airline either. . . . as, when we disembarked after what was possibly the worst landing I've ever experienced as a passenger in a commercial aeroplane,. . . It bounced three times,. . . . I mean REALLY" BACK SHATTERING" BOUNCES. . . rather heavily in my view. . . .( having SOME experience flying similar sized types. . .) I saw that the Pilot, or perhaps his Co-pilot, ?? had his entire family in the cockpit with him, . . . ( I'm being really serious here. . .) there was Mum, and four small kids in there, with Two crew and a flight engineer as well,. . . I saw all this as I exited thru the front door. . . . Have you ever been in a 727 front office ?? it really isn't very voluminous. . . .

This was in 1989,. . . . I hope that nice Mr. Putin has put an end to all that nonsense now. . . .? Oh,. . . Hang on,. . . .That part of the world has left the Russian Federation,. . . . so maybe not. . . . and from what I have gathered from the "Aircrash Investigation" documentaries on SKy TV,. . . .they recently lost their President, in a total loss crash, using a similar aircraft, where the investigators have alluded to the possiblitly that there was "Political Interference" with the pilot's wishes, ie,. . . undue pressure upon the commander to continue his attempts to land where the destination airport was well below IFR minimums . . . . resulting in no survivors, and a general election. . . . .

Phil

Oi, Desky,. . . .

If I were assigned a safe level to fly, from Oceanic control,. . . . . I SHOULD NOT have to look for other aircraft ( ! ) and even if I did, how much reaction time would I have to react to a possible collision travelling at 540 odd knots if there was another aerial appliance inadvertantly placed upon at the same assigned level on a reciprocal heading ( calculators out. . . .) even on a night leg,. . . . I wonder if I'd see the wingtip lights coming at me at a closing velocity of around 1,080 Kt, and have time to do something about it. . . . THANK ALLAH FOR TCAS I say ( Or is it CASA I should be thanking. . . .). . . . . ( I just LURVE new technology don't you ?? )

I'm very pleased that I don't have to worry about such things any more,. . . . . all the new pilots have the technowizardry nowadays . . . ( sigh . . .) Won't be long B4 it's all autobloodymatic matey. . . . . . And then all us HOBBY pilots will be regarded in the same vein as train spotters, and those strange people people who go to closed down airfields and RAAF displays to collect registration numbers and chat about how good it used to be in the Old Days. . . . . .

Phil ( ! )

Guest Maj Millard

Since the advent of that u-buet GPS tracking, there have been at least two head-on midairs by commercial/freight commercial airliners, at cruising altitude, tracking accuratly on the same route in uncontrolled airspace. Perfection is hard to acheive, even by the technowizzys....................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

The accuracy of some of the equipment has made a collision MORE likely if the management makes an error Ie ATC assigns more than one A/c to the same level. on the same track. What would have been a near miss can become a mid air collision. . Nev

Phil, not all aircraft come at you head on. With or without all the wizz-bang technology available today, all pilots flying below the edge of space, should keep an eye open for other aircraft that may be converging with them.

Good advice ..Try to avoid well used tracks for aircraft arriving and departing aerodromes. Clear your nose on climb occasionally as you should have been taught and be careful you don't descend in top of someone in the circuit. I try to parallel tracks rather than fly directly on well known ones, and give calls on the appropriate frequencies when near aerodromes as to your position height and track. Nev

Nothing wrong with the link, something seriously wrong with the hostie though, she could have caused an accident!

I don't know... I couldn't see anything wrong with her!! 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

(And I watched fairly carefully).

• Like 2

An instructor told me when he was co-pilot in the airlines his captain had a stewardess on his lap at takeoff and when he gave the word the stewardess fulled hard back on the control column. [of the plane]

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

The Captains' control stick obviously was active then...............................................................Maj...033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

An instructor told me when he was co-pilot in the airlines his captain had a stewardess on his lap at takeoff and when he gave the word the stewardess fulled hard back on the control column. [of the plane]

I admire your restraint in not calling it a "joystick"...