Has anybody actually gone to jail ?(over a aviation offence)

Shush! I was offeres a farm landing strip to fly my hbird, seems the owners have never ever done any training for their cesna type plane, and they all (include the teens in that ) fly it. No rego numbers but spotless in & outside,

its a fair way to the neibours were they use the car for shopping

spacesailor

I just watched 7 Today Tonight with Derryn Hinch having a segment on Soft (C%ck) judges. A 21 year old lady was raped by a pleb in VIC. Maximum sentence 25 years for rape. What did old mate get ? A suspended sentence. No wonder this country has gone to Sh*t. Like I have said, the prisons are too full.

• Agree 1

Shush! I was offeres a farm landing strip to fly my hbird, seems the owners have never ever done any training for their cesna type plane, and they all (include the teens in that ) fly it. No rego numbers but spotless in & outside,its a fair way to the neibours were they use the car for shopping

spacesailor

There is Australia and there is the wild west of Australia. Good on them.

• 3 months later...
How do you go about reporting an unlicensed pilot or one who goes about flying his unregistered aircraft?What does the paper trail consist of?

And what are the repercussions of these actions?

It's no different from someone driving an unregistered car or driving a car without a licence, it's a matter for the police. And there should be no repercussions or paper trail as far as the reporter is concerned - although like the reporter of a driving offence it could result in a bloody nose ...

You wouldn't want to make the simple mistake though, of assuming an offence was being committed when perhaps it wasn't. There was a case quite some years ago when a self-righteous neighbour went to the police and reported unlicenced flying, and they were sure of it because they had researched all the CAA records and not found any evidence of a licence or registration, only to waste the police's time because the pilot had a pilot certificate from HGFA (IIRC) and the craft was registered with them also, so naturally there was no record with CAA.

• Haha 1

I've heard in this local area that a flying instructor commandered a local aero club hangar and then operated it as his private place of business (no access to anyone else)

.................. needless to say the local members got their noses twisted and after a big legal fracas (of a number of years) the hangar was returned to the club and the said bsinessman spent time in the slammer

................... even if its not true its a great plot - I'll have to check my facts and let you know (................ please let it be true !)

I just watched 7 Today Tonight with Derryn Hinch having a segment on Soft (C%ck) judges. A 21 year old lady was raped by a pleb in VIC. Maximum sentence 25 years for rape. What did old mate get ? A suspended sentence. No wonder this country has gone to Sh*t. Like I have said, the prisons are too full.

Hi Dazza

I know nothing of the circumstances of the case you refer to and I therefore can't comment on the facts or even the reasons for the sentence Hinch says was handed down.

But I can say that I seriously doubt the offender was convicted of rape even though he may have been charged with it just going on the outcome.

I can also say that Hinch is a recidivist offender who has placed the convictions of people committing similar offences at great risk by repeated contempts of Court so I wouldn't personally place much store in anything he has to say.

Kaz

• Agree 3

He could have phoned and said, If you have nothing on today, can I drop over ? Nev

Barely funny, Nev...

And that was dangerous flying in my view as it was quite likely to have led to someone having a crack up.

Our bus driver who takes us to Roma from work, was telling us about a bloke who used to fly over this ladies house in Chinchilla every afternoon. Apparently the lady likes to sit outside in the nude and have a glass of wine every arvo after work. He didn't say what kind of aircraft in was. But hopefully for the pilot, it was a slow one.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

It's even better when you're in a hang glider. I remember one topless sun-bather who didn't notice me until my shadow went over her...