Possible "scam"

Russ

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police were not interested and put me onto Scamwatch. Fat lot of good they are.

the follow up is emails purportedly from Paypal and they are trying to get me to send money to his agent.

The pity is that nobody really wants to buy the Corby and I can't fly 2 planes.

Why do people confuse Lust with Love?. Good honest Lust is far more reliable. ALL those Russian Babuska's think you are RICH. They are not after your BODY. They change the Locks and issue the AVO at just the right time.. The only thing that is forever is TAXES (and something else bad that I can't remember) Nev.

Why do people confuse Lust with Love?. Good honest Lust is far more reliable. ALL those Russian Babuska's think you are RICH. They are not after your BODY. They change the Locks and issue the AVO at just the right time.. The only thing that is forever is TAXES (and something else bad that I can't remember) Nev.

Such wisdom from one so young?

Right o Peeps. I need some advice-

I have my micro excavator for sale. I received a SMS and I will quote it word for word.(with spelling mistakes),

"Hi darryl, just looking at your machine on internet, have sent you 2 emails, just wandering (sic) if you would take $20 000 cash for machine and trailer. I am on the central coast and would drive up to pick it up. I have cash ready."

Thanks

Steve

sent by number plus 61 412 334 643

I think its dodgy as in who would make a offer on something without even seeing it ?

PS- It may be kosher, he has just sent me a email. And his email address is clearconcepts AT optusnet.com.au. Which is a Sydney company that does pool fencing.

He might have a real good look at it before he parts with the cash, and you have a real good cash buyer, if he sees something he doesn't like, he will just hop back in his truck, and all he has lost is some time and some diesel.

Just cause someone offers you cash doesnt mean they want it done off the books. Just means they are not waiting on finance, or can hand you cash for a receipt if thats what you want.... i think your being a bit paranoid on this one.... not that i blame you with $20k on the line. Just go thru the usual steps of sussing him out...a phone call always reveals a lot about a buyer

• Agree 1

Just cause someone offers you cash doesnt mean they want it done off the books. Just means they are not waiting on finance, or can hand you cash for a receipt if thats what you want.... i think your being a bit paranoid on this one.... not that i blame you with $20k on the line. Just go thru the usual steps of sussing him out...a phone call always reveals a lot about a buyer

Good point

I got the good old " Can I pay a deposit now", I said you haven't even looked at it yet? He said "I'm in NSW". I then said, "no need for a deposit , you have first choice in buying it or not when you have a look at it." He said "OK". Then correspondence stopped.