Board members expressing opinion - thread split

turboplanner

You would loose that Florin Rat, nobody has mentioned my info sharing..in fact just the opposite. It is purely my decision not to post here ATM . I will publish my Feb board member report shortly, and it will go to selected recipients in my area who actually appreciate my input and frankness. And all feedback I have recieved from the Jan one has been positive and constructive................Maj....

Thanks Ross,

Another florin gone. Oh well.

Keep at it and talk to us here when you can ........... please.

Regards Geoff

• Agree 1

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya can't win them all Geoff. How many people know what a florin is? Nev

Was thinking the same thing Nev.

The young tackers who are under 40 will probably be Google-ing it.

Regards Geoff

Was thinking the same thing Nev. 

The young tackers who are under 40 will probably be Google-ing it.

Regards Geoff

They may need to be a bit older than 40, does the 14th of February 1966 bring back any memories apart from flowers?

In come the dollars and in come the cents

to replace the pounds and the shillings and the pence.

Be prepared folks when the coins begin to mix

on the 14th of February 1966.

They may need to be a bit older than 40, does the 14th of February 1966 bring back any memories apart from flowers?

Ohhhhhhhhhh, GB, V-day, now you are bringing back memories. I wish I could again spend some time with the girl who was my valentine back in '66. Wow, was she a great sort.

Now ........... back to the real business of this thread .................... I guess.

Well, good grief! It all becomes clear!

Those other 12 Board members who have noticeably NOT been running around squawking like chickens on speed are not, in fact, doing that because they are concentrated on getting the mess the RAA is in sorted out in a quiet and professional manner, but instead are obsessed with plotting ways to suppress the word of the only true prophet! Words cannot say how distraught I am to have this revealed. Perfidy, treachery and the obvious venality of their motives in closing up the OBC that (apparently) is the RAA has been exposed!

I, for one, am not going to stand for it. I shall be conducting an extremely close investigation of the circumstances of the Board member I know well, and should I see a new Bentley in his driveway and a crisp new Bizjet in his hangar - well, I'm going to be asking him some pretty damn searching questions, mark my words.

Obviously it is time for a real demonstration of authenticity on the part of the one Board member who shines the light of truth, justice and democracy on the machinations of the RAA to convince the unbelievers. Given the apocryphal similes to another savior surrounded by 12 followers, I think that at the very least turning water into wine at Natfly is called for. I'm not going to be unreasonable and suggest that resurrection following crucifixion is required; one should not be required to surrender one's hammer and nails to someone else. Hell, even the ATO allows tools of trade as a reasonable deduction of one's occupation - and who am I to argue with them?

Yea, brothers, I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!

Well, good grief! It all becomes clear!Those other 12 Board members who have noticeably NOT been running around squawking like chickens on speed are not, in fact, doing that because they are concentrated on getting the mess the RAA is in sorted out in a quiet and professional manner, but instead are obsessed with plotting ways to suppress the word of the only true prophet! Words cannot say how distraught I am to have this revealed. Perfidy, treachery and the obvious venality of their motives in closing up the OBC club that (apparently) is the RAA has been exposed!

I, for one, am not going to stand for it. I shall be conducting an extremely close investigation of the circumstances of the Board member I know well, and should I see a new Bentley in his driveway and a crisp new Bizjet in his hangar - well, I'm going to be asking him some pretty damn searching questions, mark my words.

Obviously it is time for a real demonstration of authenticity on the part of the one Board member who shines the light of truth, justice and democracy on the machinations of the RAA to convince the unbelievers. Given the apocryphal similes to another savior surrounded by 12 followers, I think that at the very least turning water into wine at Natfly is called for. I'm not going to be unreasonable and suggest that resurrection following crucifixion is required; one should not be required to surrender one's hammer and nails to someone else. Hell, even the ATO allows tools of trade as a reasonable deduction of one's occupation - and who am I to argue with them?

Yea, brothers, I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!

That's HEAVY, Dude (or a total wank).

Can some normal forum members decipher/translate that please.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

It's called irony, Captain, and the Encyclopaedia Brittanica describes its etymology rather comprehensively. I admit to assuming that RAA members, by and large, have a reasonable IQ and a functional education. Certainly, the ones I have met fit into that description, and I am perhaps a hopeless romantic that they represent the majority. I'd like to think that those I share the sky with can fly and chew gum at the same time, and so far I have not been massively disappointed - just a bit shocked that there are aberrations to that norm.

• Like 1

It's called irony, Captain, and the Encyclopaedia Brittanica describes its etymology rather comprehensively. I admit to assuming that RAA members, by and large, have a reasonable IQ and a functional education. Certainly, the ones I have met fit into that description, and I am perhaps a hopeless romantic that they represent the majority. I'd like to think that those I share the sky with can fly and chew gum at the same time, and so far I have not been massively disappointed - just a bit shocked that there are aberrations to that norm.

I call it crap Oscar and you've gained premier member status on my ignore list.

• Agree 1

Oh ......... so it IS a wank, then.

It must be a burden being as smart as you are.

Smart doesn't always equate to supercilious, but in your case they are obviously linked, and there is a big difference between being truly "smart" and just being a smart-ars*.

While I haven't always agreed with Madge over the years before you blew in, I'd back him 100% of the time in preference to you.

• Agree 1

I don't have an ignore list. I get a lift when someone I regard as well intentioned and knowledgeable, ticks or responds to something I have written. Sometimes it looks like a contest rather than an exchange here. If no one gets anything from what I contribute, I shouldn't be writing anything. I could just read and keep quiet. I respect everyone's right to have an opinion and once or a few times I may have had a bad day, but I don't want to insult or ignore anyone . Nev

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

Eau, ...........and down below is some help in spelling Britannica. I've been disappointed that some are not able to get their double t, double n, and gum chewing all together at the same time.

1082944102_Brit(600x250).jpg.cf4eb943f69a9fa59de5d9e33efe8f93.jpg

• Winner 3

I put her on to a site where she can get a great set of false teeth from China for next to nothing.

hey turbo why buy new when second hand will do tell her to try ebay for a good set of low chomp ones never used on steak and only used on sundays by a little old lady

• Haha 1

Guest Andys@coffs

Britttannnica can be found next to dinosaur in the dictionary of things from the past.....as long as you can spell google and <gasp> Wikipedia all you questions as to whether etymology is a word you want to use on a daily basis or not can be answered....personally I'd have trouble using a word that means the study of Etym's as I don't know any:teacher:

Andy

............ and the Encyclopaedia Brittanica describes ...............

This is a shocking revelation by Turbo as, to quote Emmy "I'd like to think that those I share the sky with can fly and spell correctly at the same time".

• Agree 1

This is a shocking revelation by Turbo as, to quote Emmy "I'd like to think that those I share the sky with can fly and spell correctly at the same time".

Heck, Captain, I can spell 'correctly' at the same time as flying, honestly I can. I might have trouble SMS-ing 'Britannica' when joining downwind, but hey, nobody is perfect...

Heck, Captain, I can spell 'correctly' at the same time as flying, honestly I can. I might have trouble SMS-ing 'Britannica' when joining downwind, but hey, nobody is perfect...

Thanks Bafta. I accept your apology.

And I also admit that I should not have used the word "supercilious" when describing you, so apologies for that.

At that time I had the Thesaurus out searching for a single word that substituted for the term "pompous ass" and it was my fault for not sticking with that original description. Apologies again.

• Haha 1

Captain, the mere fact that you can use supercilious correctly convinced me that you are an educated and literate member of the RAA community - as are almost all of us I have ever met. I don't believe that we have to come across as rednecks to be 'one of the boys' in this group and I certainly don't think it is in the interests of the RAA community to suggest that we have a limited capacity to comprehend sophisticated reasoning in responding to the challenges we face in trying to gain credibility for having a responsible and considered approach to the numerous issues that we face: trying to get a decent response to regulatory problems, combating the ever-diminishing availability of airfields in regional and rural areas, trying to engender the acceptance of 'Recreational'-class aviation as a socially desirable activity and suchlike.

Having (successfully) represented the interests of motorcyclists ( a group then generally considered to be somewhat below-par in the intelligence stakes) to the Federal Minister of Transport a considerable way back in time and having achieved quite a significant improvement in our acceptability (as a result, we were specifically included in the authority that set Vehicle Performance and Safety Standards, for a start) I can attest to the efficacy of presentation of cogent, intelligible reasons for a position. The Minister involved was Peter Nixon, who gleefully embraced the description of him as 'the bastard from the bush' as his nick-name and my being a pompous ass did our cause no harm at all, you may be slightly surprised to learn.

If you care to read the report of the HORSCOTS enquiry - http://www.recreationalflying.com/tutorials/students/horscots_1987_PP3A.pdf - (paras. 106 -108) you will see the difficulties that a combative, ''good 'ol boy" attitude on the part of the then President of the AUF, George Markey - had done to the progress of ultralight activity in Australia. George was a mate of mine - as far as one could be with George, who took first place in the World's Championship for difficult people to get along with (there was no second-place awarded, as the competition was just not in the same league). He stayed at my place on numerous occasions when traveling south; I've stayed with him on his boat when I traveled to Bundaberg. George did an immeasurable service to Australian sports aviation by being one of two who re-cast Part 103 of the CASR's . Sharing a hangar with George while we worked on our respective aircraft was a re-make of the 'Rumble in the Jungle', but George would bounce his submissions to CASA off me for comment - and even sometimes take notice of my comments! Given what George did manage to achieve, I'm not inclined to take the criticism of certain loudmouth members of the Rec. Av. community at all seriously (and FWIW, you aren't yet included in that category, though you can, if you wish, continue to strive for that honour).

You evidently thought you were the target of my comments - you weren't. No cigar there, Captain.