CASA --- RAAus Relationship?

Keith Page

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't we start with the board releasing ALL the emails surrounding middo's proxy mail out. CASA's suspension of the registration process from the original audit onwards will make fascinating reading. You got so much dirt you are sitting on. Not wanting to live in the past too much how about the current state of the insurance tendering process.I accept your challenge!

Again those direct questions could be put to your rep in a 1 minute phone call. Do you seriously think the GM of our organisation should deal with members individually on a daily basis? If that is the case there is no need for elected reps. There will be a need to employ about three GM's though if you want any actual management tasks completed.

Insurance tendering is currently being invited. Again your Rep is aware of this point.

'how about the email surrounding the nomination of Myles. that would be a cracker to read'. Nomination for what? When you clarify the question I might be able to answer. PM me your email or feel free to email or call me and discuss any issues you have if you do not feel you can talk with your local member. Who is your State Rep?

Regards,

Jim Tatlock

RAAus Treasurer.

I've just let my membership lapse and sold my Lazair yesterday. Enough is enough!

I'm not bothering to renew, I don't need to to fly my plane and frankly I'm over the whole thing, I would have to say ignorance is bliss ,till I started to get informed I was quite dumb and happy! Added to that the stuff ups with regos has left a bad taste for me, nearly cost me $35k because a d1ckhead tech manager gave me wrong info( not the current fella) , I know others who have lost much more due to RAA mismanagement , the Ibis debacle has hurt some very good friends of mine and I hope they have the fortitude to push further with it .

I was keen to go down the instructor route with RAA ,now ? Wouldn't bother at the moment, and if I want to fly something with numbers on the side,,,I'll just do it, following the regs is optional in RAA anyway ,actually knowing the regs is optional it seems,

Matty

I'm not bothering to renew, I don't need to to fly my plane and frankly I'm over the whole thing, I would have to say ignorance is bliss ,till I started to get informed I was quite dumb and happy! Added to that the stuff ups with regos has left a bad taste for me, nearly cost me $35k because a d1ckhead tech manager gave me wrong info( not the current fella) , I know others who have lost much more due to RAA mismanagement , the Ibis debacle has hurt some very good friends of mine and I hope they have the fortitude to push further with it .I was keen to go down the instructor route with RAA ,now ? Wouldn't bother at the moment, and if I want to fly something with numbers on the side,,,I'll just do it, following the regs is optional in RAA anyway ,actually knowing the regs is optional it seems,

Matty

This seems a rather odd post unless I'm missing something Matt. I thought your plane was VH-experimental and not RAAus isn't it? If that's so then why would you need RAA membership anyway because you'd have to be flying it on a PPL?

• Agree 1

This seems a rather odd post unless I'm missing something Matt. I thought your plane was VH-experimental and not RAAus isn't it? If that's so then why would you need RAA membership anyway because you'd have to be flying it on a PPL?

It's a long story , RAA incompetence caused a huge head ache when I went to rego the plane, I'm lucky I have options , I really feel for those who don't , bottom line ,I'll fly GA till the RAA is fixed or gone ,

Matty

• Like 1

Problems re registering the planes were a sign of RAAus incompetence, but it was dealt with and should not be an ongoing problem. these things happen and from what I can work out there was little the board could do until the problem became apparent. A bit like a parent not knowing how their child behaves in school until told. The fact that a member is not renewing his membership should not worry us, especially if that member just keeps bitching.

Problems re registering the planes were a sign of RAAus incompetence, but it was dealt with and should not be an ongoing problem. these things happen and from what I can work out there was little the board could do until the problem became apparent. A bit like a parent not knowing how their child behaves in school until told. The fact that a member is not renewing his membership should not worry us, especially if that member just keeps bitching.

I've rarely bitched about RAA, and yeh I'm just one member, as I said ignorance is bliss,,,,maybe I should give the Internet forums away and just go flying,,,,,

• Like 1

Yenn,

the problem had been there, and growing for 5-7 years, which you would think should have been picked up (but I can understand how that could be overlooked).

The ongoing audit starting 12-15 months prior to the shutdown was a loud and clear warning to the board and anyone else who saw those audit reports. Each subsequent return to the audit made it clearer and clearer that action was necessary.

CASA shut down registrations because no one would act on the audit findings.

The shut down was a direct consequence of the RA refusing to act on CASAs audit findings.

In your example, the parent was told of their children's misdeeds, repeatedly, but chose to ignore or overlook these.

dodo

• Agree 2

I honestly cant see the RAA growing any more. I could be wrong but the whole "call your local rep" instead of a media strategy is just part of a problem.

Facthunter might dispute my attitude but he can't dispute the facts.

I honestly cant see the RAA growing any more. I could be wrong but the whole "call your local rep" instead of a media strategy is just part of a problem.Facthunter might dispute my attitude but he can't dispute the facts.

F_T........ You should not find it hard "call ya local rep" you have three (3) under your nose so to speak, a-n-d you all so close together with a tad of planning a daily togetherness cup of tea would be very easy. Not far from the Goldie to Toowoomba then you can drop off at all places inbetween. Bit like Victoria.

Reagrds

Keith Page..

I honestly cant see the RAA growing any more.

Neither can I, but not for the reasons you suggest, I think the biggest problem is the broken down ponzi scheme commonly refereed to as the economy. The AUF was supposed to be about affordable flying but that was forgotten about. When the current pilots stop flying there will be very few to take their place. As has been said no one forced people to go the direction they have, they did it to themselves.

I could be wrong but the whole "call your local rep" instead of a media strategy is just part of a problem.

Yep wrong I think, the problem is not enough people call their rep.

I've represented large numbers of people in the past, at times. A lot of people (your constituents) wait till they get a skinful of pi$$ and give you a piece of what's left of their mind, usually at Tea time. Most of them (Your reps) are trying to do a good job believe it or not. Constructive criticism and a bit of support is what's needed, and remember that you elect them, and saying my ONE vote won't make any difference is a cop out. If everyone said that, no-one votes . If I don't know much about the candidate I ask some people who will. If you think you have something to offer there are ways of communicating it although they may not be perfect, I think it is improving. You might even do a few terms as a rep. yourself. I can absolutely say it will be an experience, and you will learn "something" from it. Nev

• Like 2

Can anyone explain how "calling a rep" would have highlighted an issue like the RAA failing a CASA audit?

I have found talking to reps has been helpful in understanding what is going on, far better than some of the unsubstantiated stuff posted on forums.

Why did the RAA not make its problems with CASA known?

No one said they are perfect and never do anything wrong and we do not know exactly how it happened. With some people being serial knockers and in the habit of complaining about almost everything, it is not hard to imagine that someone thought it easiest to keep it quiet. If the members don't do their true diligence and vote a rep in who is causing these sort of problems, whose fault is that?

You haven't told us IF you have ever called a rep yet .f t. I would think it is ONE reasonable way of finding out what is going on, but you don't confine yourself to that if you want to get deeper into it. Talking to your (or any) rep is the first step. That is how it works.

Going public with a problem with CASA is not a recommended way to get on with them. That should be obvious to most who have dealt with them. There was a bloke at Avmed who if you disagreed with him at all, used to write your file up as you being psychologically disturbed. Just what you need to keep flying. ( It wasn't ME incidently)

I queried some of my medical history after uncovering some gratuitous and unhelpful comments put there that shouldn't have been by some DAME, my further request for more of the files were responded to by informing me the files had been lost. Yeah right!.... This is a while back. I have many friends in aviation, and I won't publish what their views of the current situation are, but not good at all. Nev

The RAA record speaks for its self. Remember it was only 13 months since Runciman admitted the RAA was cooking the books, since then the RAA hasn't exactly showered itself in glory or competence.

I'm just asking the reps on here why they persist with a system that doesn't work and refuse to make any attempt to improve it?

If you're happy with the RAA good for you and STFU.

The RAA record speaks for its self. Remember it was only 13 months since Runciman admitted the RAA was cooking the books, since then the RAA hasn't exactly showered itself in glory or competence.I'm just asking the reps on here why they persist with a system that doesn't work and refuse to make any attempt to improve it?

If you're happy with the RAA good for you and STFU.

What ever.