First solo today

I did my first solo today. Really enjoyed it. Quite scarey to start with but good fun.

100kg less in the jab really makes a difference.

• Like 12
  • Winner 4

Congrats Beefy - It is something to remember for a long while. I was at a flyin yesterday the topic came up in conversation and everyone in the group I was with remembered the thrill of the experience.

I hope it is the start of many hours of flying pleasure for you (and your lady in the avitar)

I did my first solo today. Really enjoyed it. Quite scarey to start with but good fun.100kg less in the jab really makes a difference.

yeah, it's amazing. After my first solo my instructor was a bit miffed at the suggestion that the jab took off really well without him!

Congratulations beefy.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

It may take 100 hours of training to gain a pilot certificate( if you are a slow learner) but you will be lucky to remember 10% of those hours.

You may have flown over 5,000 hours during your flying years, but you will be lucky to remember 5% of those hours.

BUT you will never forget every detail of your first solo.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Alan.

Guernsey has coined it well, first solo is proof of concept for the pilot- "I did it, I can do it and I want to do it forever...." The thought and emotion rush tempered by the steely grin that all pilots gain. Welcome the gentle men's (and women's )' group of flight, love it respect it and never be content- we all learn every day. Congratulations

You instructor should have mentioned the different performance with one less person on board. It can be pretty significant and in some aircraft a big Cof G change as well.( tandem seat) Nev