RPL? OK what about some aircraft

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RPL is the best thing thats happened to me since rotec made the LCH ,

As ive said before the avocet was designed for the then proposed 760 kgs MTOW . Hence the white elephant gag . Now all i have to do is work out how to change the rego to VH. EXPERIMENTAL .

Does anyone know if this is possible??

Cheers Mike

By the way , ive limited it to singe seat status . Empty weight 394 kg

• Like 1

Avocet - are you flying it again yet?

Going down to Gawler tomorrow for some duel instruction .

Due to 2 bouts of flu last year and the redesign and fitting the new vert stab . I,haven't flown for a year .

Ive been hopping it at my strip but i think its prudent to do some duel time with an instructor before i solo in it again .

As we all know , its also a requirement in the regs .

I was hoping to get to narromine for the X ausfly in a couple of weeks .

We'll see !

Mike

• Like 1

The RPL is the best thing thats happened to me since rotec made the LCH ,As ive said before the avocet was designed for the then proposed 760 kgs MTOW . Hence the white elephant gag . Now all i have to do is work out how to change the rego to VH. EXPERIMENTAL .

Does anyone know if this is possible??

Cheers Mike

By the way , ive limited it to singe seat status . Empty weight 394 kg

If you built more than 51% yourself and kept good logs then sure. Contact SAAA for the paper work.

Seriously thinking of doing the same.

If you built more than 51% yourself and kept good logs then sure. Contact SAAA for the paper work.Seriously thinking of doing the same.

Ive been a member for a few years now , but i was going to let things settle down there for a while after there man power shortage .

Well there was a couple of topics for this thread...The main one was good STOL aircraft that would be 700 plus KG and also the medical side of it. I have had heart bypasses but NEVER had a heart attack and have the medical records and tests to prove that I am as good as new. I am a type 2 diabetic on insulin but HB1C levels are below 9 and have had kidney stones about 10 years or more ago....doesnt sound good really does it :)

But I did ask my doctor last time I was there about the Ausroads drivers medical and he said no issue for me and he would sign off on it no problems as he is happy with my control and monitoring of my health and I am not about to collapse at the wheel or anything like that. So I am pretty sure the medical won't be a issue. Just need to find a plane that will take 2 big lumps and takeoff and deliver them in a short strip situation. The Savannah is great now at 600 kg but the endurance isn't that flash with both of us in it also a wider cabin would be nice. i would prefer to build my own aircraft rather than buy one as I love the process and I like to know everything about the aircraft I am flying.

Mark

Oh and for all those out there that think I can be a heartless ba*tard here is the proof including the bypasses that I actually do have one 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

IMG_1822_2.jpg.ba11810af32082444237034d8fd21f20.jpg

Mark, if you are after a higher Mtow, larger cockpit and like the savanah and would like to build then why would the Spirit not be an option.

Well there was a couple of topics for this thread...The main one was good STOL aircraft that would be 700 plus KG and also the medical side of it. I have had heart bypasses but NEVER had a heart attack and have the medical records and tests to prove that I am as good as new. I am a type 2 diabetic on insulin but HB1C levels are below 9 and have had kidney stones about 10 years or more ago....doesnt sound good really does it :)But I did ask my doctor last time I was there about the Ausroads drivers medical and he said no issue for me and he would sign off on it no problems as he is happy with my control and monitoring of my health and I am not about to collapse at the wheel or anything like that. So I am pretty sure the medical won't be a issue. Just need to find a plane that will take 2 big lumps and takeoff and deliver them in a short strip situation. The Savannah is great now at 600 kg but the endurance isn't that flash with both of us in it also a wider cabin would be nice. i would prefer to build my own aircraft rather than buy one as I love the process and I like to know everything about the aircraft I am flying.

Mark ....

I hate to disappoint you Mark, but CASA have added about 10 medical conditions to the Ausroads DL medical and I think you will find you will be disqualified from the CASA DL medical, but if you have all these things under control a Class 2 medical via a DAME is still possible.
  • Agree 1

I suppose I wont know fully until I chase CASA about it which I will do later this week

Camel

I am looking at the Vision from WAC as it is STOL the Spirit isn't as short field performance. I wanted to see if there were other options out there for aircraft that may suit better that was one reason for this thread. WAC will start kits of the Spirit and Vision next year. I was supposed to be going over to the USA in November for a work thing but that looks like it wont go ahead due to my Mrs smashing her ankle she wont be able to do the walking required. I was going to go to the factory in Paris Tennesee after my work commitments and get a flight in the Vision and also look over all their gear to make the kits . It looks now that maybe shifted to sone time early in the new year

I suppose I wont know fully until I chase CASA about it which I will do later this weekCamel

I am looking at the Vision from WAC as it is STOL the Spirit isn't as short field performance. I wanted to see if there were other options out there for aircraft that may suit better that was one reason for this thread. WAC will start kits of the Spirit and Vision next year. I was supposed to be going over to the USA in November for a work thing but that looks like it wont go ahead due to my Mrs smashing her ankle she wont be able to do the walking required. I was going to go to the factory in Paris Tennesee after my work commitments and get a flight in the Vision and also look over all their gear to make the kits . It looks now that maybe shifted to sone time early in the new year

I've just had a look at the World aircraft site and on a quick look at the diffences between the Spirit and vison. They seem to be the same plane pretty much?

I'm also looking at a Savannah kit but am open to other options and the Vision, spirit would be another option, is there any flying in this country?

Cheers Guy.

A friend of mine who is looking to get a RPL is color blind, will he get a restricted Class 2 for VFR only or will he fail the class 2??

I know that colour blindness isn't the end of the world in terms of getting a licence, but if he can't pass the Ishihara test, it may be worth him doing a Farnsworth Lantern test which justs tests his ability to distinguish red, green and white. It's not as subtle as the Ishihara test, and if he passes that he should be OK.

rgmwa

The Zenith CH750 STOL plane can be registered at 650kg if GA.

http://zenithair.com/stolch750/index.html

Plenty of room in these aircraft, bigger version of the savannah, choose your engine type as well.

Or the new Cruzer

http://zenithair.com/stolch750/750-crz-performance.html

Not STOL but can take off/land in 110mtrs and good cruise speed. Fit with new Rotax iS and you have a great aircraft.

• Caution 1

I think its green due to being part hulk

Hi Gnu

Done with the new 3D cat scanner they can go through the inside of each vein and artery by a slice and see if there is blockages in every part of them also inside the chambers...pretty cool really....I also have some other ones I was asked to get done using nuclear medicine stuff where the body of the needles is surrounded by titanium covers to stop the nurses and doctors from being irradiated.....I asked the question of course.. WHAT ABOUT ME ??????? getting irradiated they said its ok don't worry and patted me on the head...

This is called a perfusion test they inject you while you are inside a cat scanner and it shows how well your heart pumps with how it handles your blood flow...Just don't want to do them regularly I would think. Pretty pictures I must say

• Like 2

I've just had a look at the World aircraft site and on a quick look at the diffences between the Spirit and vison. They seem to be the same plane pretty much?I'm also looking at a Savannah kit but am open to other options and the Vision, spirit would be another option, is there any flying in this country?

Cheers Guy.

Hi Guy

There are 3 spirits in the country but no Visions. Two hangars down from me there is a painted ELSA kit being put together the other ELSA flying one is out at Emerald owned by a farmer and there is a unpainted ELSA kit with Reg Brost for sale in the classified on RAUS site. WAC will be producing 51% rule kits early next year these are what I am interested in as a ELSA kit you can not easily modify or maintain what you want the amateur built is somewhat different and how I built my savannah. The wing aerofoil on the Vision is a lot different also the doors are much wider/longer and make it easy for bigger people to get in and out not to mention just the amount of vision you get from the cockpit with the Vision and its design max is 750kg as well but it does look like the empty weight will be around 350 to 360 kg but if you flew it at 750 max then 400kg is a lot of pax and fuel and camping gear..all I can have now in my savannah is 280kg...that is still fantastic in the scheme of things but I just need that little bit extra also the extra room inside is pretty fantastic in the WAC aircraft

Mark

• Helpful 1

Thanks for the reply Mark,

Was talking to Reg only a few days ago and he mention he had the Spirit there partly built. At this stage still swinging towards the Savannah but would love to see a finish Spirit, Vision with the room plus 400kg is temping.

I will procrastinate some more, I'm good at that.

On saying that will probably at some stage pay Reg a visit to look at this Spirit.

Guy

Thanks for the reply Mark,Was talking to Reg only a few days ago and he mention he had the Spirit there partly built. At this stage still swinging towards the Savannah but would love to see a finish Spirit, Vision with the room plus 400kg is temping.

I will procrastinate some more, I'm good at that.

On saying that will probably at some stage pay Reg a visit to look at this Spirit.

Guy

I don't know where you are but the Spirit being assembles is at Caboolture if you are reasonably close. Roger is a nice guy and will give you the tour for sure

I don't know where you are but the Spirit being assembles is at Caboolture if you are reasonably close. Roger is a nice guy and will give you the tour for sure

Live in Lismore so a trip up could be on the cards and thanks again. If coming up I will get in touch with you.001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Guy that spirit at aerokits is a quickbuild kit so all the metal work is already completed ready to prep and paint. It is all packed up still in open steel shipping racks so you can get a pretty good look at it. It is in the hangar beside the maroon Savannah, you probrably have already seen it, if you only knew to look.