Best Value RA-Aus Training in $ per Hr Dual??

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squizzyhunter

Check out sunshine coast flying school, based out of Maroochydore the only RA school in Australia based in CTA what you learn in that environment will be invaluable in your future flying.

Merv, from what I've been told it is the only one (maybe the only one in Qld) but happy to be advised of others, a nicer response would have been "Hey Aldo I know of a couple of others that operate out of CTA and here they are (but I guess that because I don't agree with all you post you couldn't look at it from that point of view)" this is supposed to be about a guy who has asked a question about training organisations.

Then go ahead, happy to be corrected, I don't think for one minute that I know it all, I've only been flying for close on 30 years and I learn something new every day. When I said CTA I did mean class "C" those of us that fly other than RA think class "C" when talking CTA sorry if I misled you and others.

• Haha 1
  • Caution 1

Lol. Whoops aldo. All those years of flying . And a ga pilot to boot.

I was waitin for you to add something about your years of experience. You seldom post without it;)

My flying school is inside a military restricted zone, so I'm familiar with the jargon. Have been known to fly the occasional ga aircraft too..

Think I've got a cpl tossed in my flight bad somewhere too. May not compare with your years of experience, but i would be happy to teach you how to identify airspace. :)

Thanks mate they also look pretty good

I did the bulk of my training there. I credit their thoroughness and the fact that they train to the GA syllabus (to the extent possible - no incip spins or instrument) and standards as a big part of helping me make a smooth transition to PPL.

• Agree 1

Can't wait to tell the controllers at BRM/BAS next time I see them that GA dosnt regard their airspace a CTA...reckon ild have to get used to holding for a while and a few rounds shouted to get back on their good side 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

• Haha 1

I'll second the early mention of Dave's Flying School at The Oaks. Did my training there. I started in 2007 while living in Camden. In 2008 I moved to Melbourne, but was shocked at the extra costs charged by schools in that area. I elected to keep training at Dave's Flying school when ever visiting family back in Camden and had a range of endorsements on my RAAus Cert by 2011. Last Christmas my 15 yo Son also started training with them. Very knowledgeable, friendly and in my experience unbeatable value for money!

• Agree 2

I'll second the early mention of Dave's Flying School at The Oaks. Did my training there. I started in 2007 while living in Camden. In 2008 I moved to Melbourne, but was shocked at the extra costs charged by schools in that area. I elected to keep training at Dave's Flying school when ever visiting family back in Camden and had a range of endorsements on my RAAus Cert by 2011. Last Christmas my 15 yo Son also started training with them. Very knowledgeable, friendly and in my experience unbeatable value for money!

Dave was my instructor when I went from Trikes to 3 axis in the 90's, have done many flights with Dave over the years and am a CFI myself now. I can not praise him highly enough.

• Agree 4

Cannot speak highly enough of John and Dave at Daves Flying School at YOAS...got my PC with them recently. Very reasonable rates, no nonsense instruction and above all else they will not let you do anything unsafe.

Plus they are great blokes too. If you read Sport Pilot magazine check out my contributions to the Learn to Fly column throughout 2014. More than happy to talk to you regarding this post, PM me and I'll give you my contact details...

Even if you fly with them or not, call in to the airfield and have a cuppa with them. The atmosphere will be relaxed and the humour guaranteed. Cheers Anthony.

• Like 1