DO YOU HAVE FAITH IN THE CASA'S ADMINISTRATION OF RECREATIONAL AVIATION?

Captain

DO YOU HAVE FAITH IN THE CASA'S ADMINISTRATION OF RECREATIONAL AVIATION?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU HAVE FAITH IN THE CASA'S ADMINISTRATION OF RECREATIONAL AVIATION?

• Yes
    • No

Not quite simple as I see it so may need to explain my answer a bit. I wouldn't have faith in CASA administrating the local chook raffle, but, in saying that I do think "Rec" should be amalgamated into the competent federal administering DEPARTMENT. One can only hope.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Hell No! after the part 61 debacle, no one in Australia now can get an ATPL licence! CASA require a Multicrew licence test to get an ATPL now, but no one in Oz, or even the world, can do it... Banner towing? forget it, its a section completely removed from the regulations now.... and dont get me started on Medical dramas! CASA have ignored the advice of all their DAMEs, and now make licence decisions based on, whatever they feel like regardless of what their own doctors think.. such as the colourblind BS.. i know personally of 1 person who has had his career destroyed by it, he is colourblind, and has 16,000 hrs capataining a B767. then one day, CASA says he not safe anymore. but funnily enough, they approve flight using Night Vision goggles, where everything is a shade of green

• Agree 2

So, after all this time, you've fired RAA as the administrator?

Not at all Tubb. But isn't it now clear that the CASA just allows RAA to exist to delegate a bit of authority and allow the members to fund their own administration and thereby save the CASA shiploads of cash, but the CASA retain the power of overall administration & can step in about whenever Lee decides that it should happen? An example is that Lee happily ran RAA under the hopelessly inadequate paper registered filing system and then knocked RAA's head off with a baseball bat when he decided that such a system suddenly became inadequate. I also recall that Lee even called the RAA's second level staff together to have them act directly for him when an issue arose 3 or 4 Natflys ago.

• Agree 2

CASA is competent. Their brief is to ensure flying is safe in Australia. What better way to do that than make recreational flying impossible.

Seems someone doesn't like Lee, I wonder why?

CASA is competent??? I don't even think they would (if they were honest) agree with that, themselves.. They operate with everyone giving their own version of what is generally impossible to understand . They are inconsistent often. Subjecting all who they control to the no appeal or excuse to committing an offense.(they are all of strict liability). The last few years have set new standards of low performance. They just don't have people at some levels with the qualifications they need to perform the job adequately. Australia used to be a world leader in aviation. Not by a country mile would we claim that today. Nev

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Just reading past mistakes of CASA and came across this quote. Seems history of CASA is all bad, had a friend have a run in with CASA years ago and sent the CASA guy running after his threats were recorded, accidentally recorded of course.

Funny quote,

CASA -we are not happy till your not happy

In all the years I have been involved in aviation with both GA & RAA ,whenever I have sought genuine assistance from CASA, I have always learnt after the event & from experience that it would have been better to have never sought their assistance in the beginning for whatever issue I had to deal with at that particular time.

Other people will have differing views from what is mentioned above, but the truth sometimes hurts, & that is the truth as far as I am concerned.

There is an old saying & it is ever true when dealing with CASA over any matter involving aviation issues & that is : Whenever a Greek is offering gifts, be forwarned that you will get burnt during the event before you know it.

It appears that once CASA staff have been indoctrinated & brainwashed in their "school of indoctrination" & have been given the indoctrination Injection they graduate as self opinioned people where they talk down to you & you have to talk up to them.

The only occasion that I can recall where they are compelled to come down to the same level as us little people is when they are subpoenaed by your Lawyer to appear as a witness in a Court of Law, & they try every which way to excuse themselves to get out of the subject Court case, but of course they are then answerable to the Judge & Court & not to you.

Petitions to a Minister or Local member are likened to referring that whatever the issue is, to placing a used tissue down the toilet, or in other words the common term of "ROUND FILING' that is, rolling the petition up like a tennis ball & then throwing the petition into the rubbish bin, because only the lower staff beauraucrats (who we also pay with our taxes ) usually see it & it doesn't get past their sniffly noses.

The only way to deal with quasi-government organizations is through the political sphere, much as is happening in the US regarding the FAA medicals.

Frankly I'm sick and tired of subservient compliance with useless organisations like the UN and ICAO - leave them to deal with the real third world and leave the intellectually challenged third world quangos like CASA to the dogs.

Pretty overwhelming thread, have you guys considered a petition to the appropriate Minister?

Bex, you are on the right track, a petition could have a strong effect. I have been writing to authorities about current issues but it is a battle, I have not got a straight answer, but I'm persistent ! I keep pointing out they didn't answer ! They are well versed in story telling.

When it's all said and done, there is more said than done !