ROGER FROM TAMWORTH

ROGER.G

Thanks to all those replies, I am a bit new to this forum business, so bear with me! Lyall, I recognise your Jodel from last weekend at YQDI. I am the guy with the Ford Prefect, and intend joining your club. The Jab is my home built effort, lots of hours spent sorting the engine issues (among other things) which many other Jab owners are probably well familiar with.

• Like 1

Good to see another member here that is not too far away from us at YQDI, welcome Roger.

Ps Deadstick we having our monthly bbqs on the second Saturday of the month, you will have to get down to us soon:yes:

Good to see another member here that is not too far away from us at YQDI, welcome Roger.Ps Deadstick we having our monthly bbqs on the second Saturday of the month, you will have to get down to us soon:yes:

LOL I'm really dragging the chain on this one aren't I? Can't wait to actually get there and meet some like minded peeps.

• Like 1

Thanks to all those replies, I am a bit new to this forum business, so bear with me! Lyall, I recognise your Jodel from last weekend at YQDI. I am the guy with the Ford Prefect, and intend joining your club. The Jab is my home built effort, lots of hours spent sorting the engine issues (among other things) which many other Jab owners are probably well familiar with.

...and a very nice motor car it is, Roger. 'Twas nice talking with you. Look forward to having you in our club. Our Events Director has planned many great trips near and far this year.

Lyle.

Hi Roger, good to see another member in Tamworth. I have two Jabiru's at Tamworth airport drop me a line would be great to check out your plane.Chad.

Will do Chad, I have noticed the other two Jabiru's, a J230 and J160?

Mine is located in one of the hangars opposite Aviskills, will be interested in comparing notes on the Jabiru experience.

Roger.

I am the guy with the Ford Prefect[/b],

So you're the one,:welcome:to our forums mate, you must be the guy we've been talking about for years (check out the start of "The Never Ending Story" on this forum.

What year is the Prefect? I've had a few of them, with both the E93A and the later 100E side-valve engine versions.

Raced a Ford Popular once, probably as fast as a small car of today stuck in first gear, but 55 yrs later, I think that's the finish line just down the road a bit, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me !

Worth a lot more these days day's than the original cost, if they are in good nick.

Kind Regards

Planey

So you had a few Prefects, did you not learn after the first one! I think there are still quite a few around in back yards, but you don't see too many on the road these days, in fact I cannot recall seeing another E93A on any of the rallys I have attended.

Mine is a 1939, Australian body which makes it a bit different, pre-war models are a bit thin on the ground and I believe 39 was the only year that they were made in Aus. Travels quite well at 75 to 80km/h, would go quicker, but takes a bit of holding on the road! Nevertheless it is a lot of fun.

Cheers,

Roger.

I remember the first Populars to be sold in Guernsey cost 279 pounds. A mate of mine owned one.Alan.

Hi Alan, the interesting thing about these early pommie Fords is that just about everyone has had some sort of association with one at some stage in their life. Some good, some not so good!

Roger.

There wasn't much any different to chose from. There were plenty of brands with similar specs. just a question of price. Morris, Austin, Standard, Singer Riley 9's (Nice). Morgan and BSA 3 wheelers MG TA TB , Some much more expensive of course. Most of the pre war ones had poured bearings. Put plenty of them together way back.. The Singer was OHC. Most of the others were side valves ex Riley. I like the small Rileys One of the few cars I would be interested in in that group. Singer built a Le Mans model about 1939. Nev

There wasn't much any different to chose from. There were plenty of brands with similar specs. just a question of price. Morris, Austin, Standard, Singer Riley 9's (Nice). Morgan and BSA 3 wheelers MG TA TB , Some much more expensive of course. Most of the pre war ones had poured bearings. Put plenty of them together way back.. The Singer was OHC. Most of the others were side valves ex Riley. I like the small Rileys One of the few cars I would be interested in in that group. Singer built a Le Mans model about 1939. Nev

A lot of magnificent machines were created in 1939 and lasted for many years; .....I was born on the 1st, August 1939. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif.

Alan.

• 3 weeks later...
The you were actually created the year before unless you are a premmy. I'm the REAL McCoy. Nev

It takes time to invent a brilliant model and then 9 months of production to build it. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Alan.