BoM unionists loosing it?

...the ABC are utterly superfluous...

GG, you don't realise what a vital contribution the ABC and SBS have made to this country.

Quite aside from the huge role Auntie has played in our national story throughout much of the 20th century, would you like our future in the hands of News Limited and the like?

(not to mention unfairly competing with private tax paying companies...

- This is pure Rupert-speak- from when Murdoch leaned on our politicians to rein back the ABC because dear old Auntie was cutting into Fox's digital market.

Our national broadcaster has pioneered most of the better content- you see these shows years later on the other channels. Rather than "unfairly competing" with the commercials, the ABC has led the way and helped to keep programming from descending to the abysmal standards common on American commercial media.

• Agree 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, right Einstein, a "sample" of 1902 out of over 20 million.....................................................

Again turbo with the offensive personal attacks. Are you questioning my intelligence? I will leave others to judge that.

I always try to keep my posts to challenging ideas, not name calling.

Yeah, right Einstein, a "sample" of 1902 out of over 20 million.....................................................

Do you not know how surveys work? They don't actually ask every person in the country for their opinion, you know.

I can tell you don't like the results, well, that's life sometimes. Bex has a remedy for that - take 2 teaspoons full. If you reckon it's wrong then show the flaw in the survey methodology.

Forget the excuses, just count the number of bullies stacked on GG.

Turbs, disagreeing with a posters assertions is hardly bullying, you do it all the time. I have not been impolite or engaged in any name calling. If I have engaged in any name calling or bullying, please alert me to it. If we are not allowed to discuss and sometimes disagree with each other then I really don't see the point of being on this forum.

• Agree 5

Yes, I understand that, but at least I've got you off GG's back for a while.

Me? I'm not picking on GG. If you mean my comment in post #108, that wasn't aimed at GG, that was aimed at you. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

I disagree with the views he's expressed here and I thought his post about the Age survey result was misleading, but the headline was designed to mislead - he just took it at face value without, I suspect, reading deeper into the article. But that was the aim of the story, and it reinforces the point about the lack of objective journalism in the commercial media. GG is entitled to his views and people are entitled to disagree with them. Doesn't mean that he being bullied. That's just petulant schoolyard talk Turbs.

Anyway GG hasn't posted since around 17:00 today, so I suppose it's safe to say no Gnu's is good news.

Well.... Someone had to lighten the thread up a bit.....027_buddies.gif.22de48aac5a25c8f7b0f586db41ef93a.gif

• Like 3

I would have used the words "ganging up"

"Ganging up" can often misleadingly be used to describe a situation where one person's opinion appears somewhat out of left field and everyone else's is relatively normal on the spectrum.

The mere fact that one points this out then becomes a delicate balancing act between trying not to be deliberately insulting and simply expressing one's view of reality.

• Agree 4