Ultralight plane crash Hunter Valley

Good subject OME, there will be a point where the pilot can dispense with thinking about it and focus on the next best thing.

There also doesn't appear to be any reason why RAA can't release the bare facts; clearing up the registration status(so that stops conjecture), and the basic status of aircraft, what it was doing etc.

• Agree 1

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A living relative/friend asked us to shut up.

So someone asks us to not talk about something. Do we have to do what they ask?

That could shut down the whole forum on every topic ever discussed if it was decided that was a reasonable response.

The asker claims to have been a relative/friend. First who says they are - any proof at all?

And secondly does that give them a special place in society to shut down other people trying to learn from the bad outcome?

The fact that the line of discussion does not please those friends/relative does not make it a pointless exercise nor does it mean others don't learn from the discussion. I read nothing in any post which is libellous, unduly critical or not providing information or asking for information.

My vote is all those who find the discussion unseemly- (friend / relative, forum member or otherwise) - select delete button. All others continue.

• Agree 7

There also doesn't appear to be any reason why RAA can't release the bare facts; clearing up the registration status(so that stops conjecture), and the basic status of aircraft, what it was doing etc.

Actually, after the NOK have been notified of the death by Police, then there is no reason why the description of the airplane cannot be released to the public domain. Unfortunately, the "what it was doing" cannot be answered with any more detail than (in this case) "it was climbing after take-off". You would be well aware of mistaken descriptions of any event by inexperienced members of the public.

OME

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

So no problems with me discussing Jabiru failures at length? 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Sure but as stated " not on this thread" and as I have stated and done on other threads - when I think the discussion has turned into something from which I am not getting anything or anywhere - stop reading it and stop contributing. I don't tell others they can't continue.

• Agree 3