CASA changes

Camel

You are not suggesting the FAA are as bad as CASA, are you djp? The whole persona can change with CASA when a new broom comes along and anybody proceding on the previous assumptions is just out of luck. All deals are off. Great place for an arrogant dictator who wants to be remembered for "something"or has an axe to grind or to SAVE aviation. (In their own mind). Nev

• Like 1

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard to day that somebody, an individual (CAMEL?), has been successful in a Freedom of Information request and supports the notion that the data CASA relied on for its harsh punitive action against Jabiru owners and operators was grossly inadequate.RAAus had requested this info from CASA on several occasions but as far as I know got stonewalled.

Refer to my post #37.

The plot thickens.. Now we need to know who were the individual who handed the information along.

We do not need "They" . "CASA" . "RAAus". Individuals can hide behind those names. Actual names.

Regards,

KP.

Refer to my post #37.The plot thickens.. Now we need to know who were the individual who handed the information along.

We do not need "They" . "CASA" . "RAAus". Individuals can hide behind those names. Actual names.

Regards,

KP.

KP, just to clear up, what do you actually want to know. My name is on a lot of documents that went to CASA and followed all procedures, RAA know who I am and I'm sure Don Ramsay knows who I am and a little worried about my chances of becoming a victim so I share information with RAA, i write here to keep Jabiru interested people a little informed other than that if you want more information from me to benefit owners and operators please PM me and I will try to help, but I will need your personal information as well.

You want answers, you need to ask questions, I would publish here and the info could be used wrongly as has been done already.

• Like 1

Camel

That is the real problem in aviation - you speak up & you become the victim - that's why an operator, or anyone trying to make a living out of aviation can not afford to 'make waves' or have any effective inputs to NPRM's or constructive criticism to CASA.

No one has a bank account as big as them (funded by the tax payer) to fight any CASA action that they feel is unjust. When you work to make a living you don't have the TIME to fight either .

• Agree 3

A lot of people repeat this myth of CASA having deep pockets, but the law is the law and you can certainly win a case. On the other hand some of the guilty will never admit they are guilty and will use any excuse to rationalise what happened to them.

A lot of people repeat this myth of CASA having deep pockets, but the law is the law and you can certainly win a case. On the other hand some of the guilty will never admit they are guilty and will use any excuse to rationalise what happened to them.

Turbs - I hear what you are saying BUT the reality in life nowadays is the ONLY way to get justice is IF you can AFFORD to fight an action regardless of whether you think you will win, or if the law is supposedly on your side. I know of a case where advice from a Barrister stated that he was so sure of winning that he would not charge the 10K fee if case lost - he never did collect.

• Agree 1

Yes, it is easy to spend several hundred thousand and then lose your house if you go down a dead end path.

The reason I've argued so much about the numbers being irrelevant to the Jab instrument is to try to dissuade people from losing their money going down that path.

• Informative 1

Compared to any individual with the possible exception of Dick Smith, CASA do have very deep pockets. And the real rub is that CASA is funded by a levy on aviation fuels. They can use our money to hammer us into the ground - if they so chose. I cannot be complimentary about their handling of the Jabiru engine issue it seems to me to be an abuse of process - but what would I know?

Compared to any individual with the possible exception of Dick Smith, CASA do have very deep pockets. And the real rub is that CASA is funded by a levy on aviation fuels. They can use our money to hammer us into the ground - if they so chose. I cannot be complimentary about their handling of the Jabiru engine issue it seems to me to be an abuse of process - but what would I know?

Here we go, #asa [Air Services] avoiding the direction by #casa.

Dick Smith came out in GA's support and with letters to the minister.

Senate estimates last night "out" a series of #asa problems: http://vocasupport.com/senate-committee-mauls-asa-with-dick-smith-giving-aviation-a-future/

• Like 1

Here we go, #asa [Air Services] avoiding the direction by #casa.

Dick Smith came out in GA's support and with letters to the minister.

Senate estimates last night "out" a series of #asa problems: http://vocasupport.com/senate-committee-mauls-asa-with-dick-smith-giving-aviation-a-future/

Dick is a funny guy, watching his interview with the Committee, I'm still not sure what exactly he wants he was all over the place jumping from one thing to another. Remove ADSB requirement for aircraft OCTA, but at the same time increase the amount of controlled airspace (E to the ground/700ft AGL at SOME airports). Claiming delays are killing the industry yet happy for people to hold on the ground or at 6000 because procedural separation standard won't allow more then one in one out under "the new E"

Good for him for standing up, but please put some thought into what you are asking for.

Dick is a funny guy, watching his interview with the Committee, I'm still not sure what exactly he wants he was all over the place jumping from one thing to another. Remove ADSB requirement for aircraft OCTA, but at the same time increase the amount of controlled airspace (E to the ground/700ft AGL at SOME airports). Claiming delays are killing the industry yet happy for people to hold on the ground or at 6000 because procedural separation standard won't allow more then one in one out under "the new E"

Good for him for standing up, but please put some thought into what you are asking for.

Not hard to work out rhysmcc.. Sticking to the systems and procedures and having fat cats wandering about making sure systems and procedures are adhered to strictly --- instead of using ones noggin. Remember these fat cats cost a lot to feed and house it was spelt out loud and clear in the section where Dick spoke about where those empty hangers are once those hangers were buzzing with activity now those companies are broke and gone. Why??

There are so many advisors, consultants, managers advisors and secretaries with secretaries assistants the place will over balance with that much wait at the top and no one doing the rowing.

Why is GA going towards extinction.?

Regards,

KP.

• Agree 2

Not hard to work out rhysmcc.. Sticking to the systems and procedures and having fat cats wandering about making sure systems and procedures are adhered to strictly --- instead of using ones noggin. Remember these fat cats cost a lot to feed and house it was spelt out loud and clear in the section where Dick spoke about where those empty hangers are once those hangers were buzzing with activity now those companies are broke and gone. Why??

There are so many advisors, consultants, managers advisors and secretaries with secretaries assistants the place will over balance with that much wait at the top and no one doing the rowing.

Why is GA going towards extinction.?

Regards,

KP.

What do Don I think we do not sell enough fuel in Australia to pay all them...

Regards,KP.

What do Don I think we do not sell enough fuel in Australia to pay all them...

Regards,KP.

Look into that deeper Don.. Ask a lot of questions and do not take the first answer..And do not go where you get guided come up with Don's ideas.

Regards,

KP.

Look into that deeper Don.. Ask a lot of questions and do not take the first answer..And do not go where you get guided come up with Don's ideas.

Regards,

KP.

Top heavy indeed, but do you see my point about wanting ADSB exemption for Aircraft operating outside controlled airspace at the same time as wanting to change most of uncontrolled airspace to E.

There's lots of reasons why GA is dying, the fact people can fly brisbane to melb for $89 means many don't see why they should be paying $300 plus for a 45min trip to the bush. casa and Asa have played their part but aren't the sole reason

• Agree 2

Top heavy indeed, but do you see my point about wanting ADSB exemption for Aircraft operating outside controlled airspace at the same time as wanting to change most of uncontrolled airspace to E.

There's lots of reasons why GA is dying, the fact people can fly brisbane to melb for $89 means many don't see why they should be paying $300 plus for a 45min trip to the bush. casa and Asa have played their part but aren't the sole reason

Rhysmcc the flights you mentioned are RPTs --- look at the freight and all those little concerns moving freight and people about they are regulated out of existence.. The regional airports there was always something coming and going a lot of those strips are closed. Even the councils are getting in on the act they are grabbing money as they think everyone with a plane has a lot of money. The accuracy of the nav aids is quite often questionable your own research into that one is called for. The Nav aids are mainly for the upper end of the market.. Look at ozrunways it is pretty good for the small fellows there is now a feature which displays the other ozrunways users close by.

Regards

KP.

Rhysmcc the flights you mentioned are RPTs --- look at the freight and all those little concerns moving freight and people about they are regulated out of existence.. The regional airports there was always something coming and going a lot of those strips are closed. Even the councils are getting in on the act they are grabbing money as they think everyone with a plane has a lot of money. The accuracy of the nav aids is quite often questionable your own research into that one is called for. The Nav aids are mainly for the upper end of the market.. Look at ozrunways it is pretty good for the small fellows there is now a feature which displays the other ozrunways users close by.

Regards

KP.

And if you are flying VFR your not paying for the nav aids, which unless you have some proof I don't believe are "questionable". They have higher tolerances for sure but your implying they somehow are incorrect or faulty.

The upper end, according to airservices pays for 80% of its costs so don't think you can blame them either.

And if you are flying VFR your not paying for the nav aids, which unless you have some proof I don't believe are "questionable". They have higher tolerances for sure but your implying they somehow are incorrect or faulty.

The upper end, according to airservices pays for 80% of its costs so don't think you can blame them either.