CASA changes

Camel

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maj Millard

Good to see...clean out the old retrenched wood and out of date thinking. About time we saw some progressive change.

Until CASA accept that the air in Australia isn't any different, and the laws of aerodynamics hold just as true as overseas - then they will continue their ridiculuous stance that we need uniquely Australian regulations. Until the left leaning bureaucracy can accept that the USA is not only the largest aviation nation, by a country mile, and that it not only sensibly regulates its' industry, but promotes it by order of Congress - then Australian aviation is in trouble. Part 61 is an obstacle course for flying schools - creating loads more paperwork for instructors. But the resultant 28 page 'licence' is truly a creation of the highest merit - who would ever want a credit card licence after this? unhappy days!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 4

I would like to see the individuals that illegally initiated this action against Jabiru based on no data or definable criteria personally sued. It's simply not acceptable that public servants be free of all consequences and responsibility.

• Like 5
  • Agree 5
  • Caution 3

Well Gnarly Gnu

I would dearly like to get hold of the truth behind the jab issue. As the situation presents to me it is far from what we are told. Other words there are a lot of porkies being told, but proving it because some people are committed to secrecy. Getting someone to brake the ranks and talk that is another story.

Regards,

KP

• Agree 2

Good to see...clean out the old retrenched wood and out of date thinking. About time we saw some progressive change.

What Maj, Start lopping the tree from the top?

Ya can't do that never been done before..

It has you know, the last company I worked for ---- one morning the henchmen came in and by Friday the top of the tree was gone.. Yes empty desks..

The crimes, I will not repeat..............

Regards,

KP.

If anybody starts a class action against CASA over their treatment of Jabiru, count me in.

I reckon that our negotiating position for getting information would be improved by this action,

and it might not even have to proceed to court. But if it does, that would be ok with me.

C'mon some of you legal eagles or even you bush lawyers....

Bruce

• Like 1

But Bruce, it is jabiru that is stopping the release of information. I'd be very careful spending money against CASA if jabiru are holding back the data. Something doesn't add up there!

• Agree 4

But Bruce, it is jabiru that is stopping the release of information. I'd be very careful spending money against CASA if jabiru are holding back the data. Something doesn't add up there!

I agree with Bruce but you are correct SDQDI in my opinion Very, very soon things may or may not change !

• Caution 1

• 3 weeks later...

Part 61 looks like something from immediately Post WWII before computers were around and makes no use of modern technology. All you should need to carry is an App on your phone or a credit card sized license. All the paper is just plain backwards, retarded. CASA officials if they want more detail than is printed on the Credit card sized license could look up on their smartphones or tablets. Part 61 makes CASA look as backward and retarded as it can be.

• Agree 1

It's actually ICAO who made the standard for paper licenses, if CASA didn't follow the same system then Australian pilots flying internationally may find their plastic credit card license (or APP) useless. Another reason why we should get away from this one size fits all CASR and split RPT/Commerical Operations from that of Recreational within the Regs.

• Agree 1

It's actually ICAO who made the standard for paper licenses, if CASA didn't follow the same system then Australian pilots flying internationally may find their plastic credit card license (or APP) useless. Another reason why we should get away from this one size fits all CASR and split RPT/Commerical Operations from that of Recreational within the Regs.

so how do I get by with my little plastic FAA license....

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

I would like to see the individuals that illegally initiated this action against Jabiru based on no data or definable criteria personally sued. It's simply not acceptable that public servants be free of all consequences and responsibility.

Based upon the data used you soon may have your wish.

• Like 1

The employees concerned will be indemnified under their conditions of employment I would think. IF they gained from it personally or were negligent it might be a different matter. ( Just my view not qualified legal but have some limited experience with those circumstances.) The organisation itself cannot operate beyond the law, though it makes it's own rules often. Nev

• Caution 1