CASA changes

Camel

Not hard to work out rhysmcc.. Sticking to the systems and procedures and having fat cats wandering about making sure systems and procedures are adhered to strictly --- instead of using ones noggin. Remember these fat cats cost a lot to feed and house it was spelt out loud and clear in the section where Dick spoke about where those empty hangers are once those hangers were buzzing with activity now those companies are broke and gone. Why??There are so many advisors, consultants, managers advisors and secretaries with secretaries assistants the place will over balance with that much wait at the top and no one doing the rowing.

Why is GA going towards extinction.?

Regards,

KP.

Most of the extinction is financial - miserable banks, lousy or nonexistent business plans, government fiscal and monetary policies (reserve some income for paying taxes and other bills) and the worst of the lot, aviators who don't pay bills when due and payable. Some aviators think that the rest of the industry owes them a living. It wasn't DCA who did the damage to GA.

Vale, Peel Valley Air Services - died of starvation in 1961.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not hard to work out rhysmcc.. Sticking to the systems and procedures and having fat cats wandering about making sure systems and procedures are adhered to strictly --- instead of using ones noggin. Remember these fat cats cost a lot to feed and house it was spelt out loud and clear in the section where Dick spoke about where those empty hangers are once those hangers were buzzing with activity now those companies are broke and gone. Why??There are so many advisors, consultants, managers advisors and secretaries with secretaries assistants the place will over balance with that much wait at the top and no one doing the rowing.

Why is GA going towards extinction.?

Regards,

KP.

Most of the extinction is financial - miserable banks, lousy or nonexistent business plans, government fiscal and monetary policies (reserve some income for paying taxes and other bills) and the worst of the lot, aviators who don't pay bills when due and payable. Some aviators think that the rest of the industry owes them a living. It wasn't DCA who did the damage to GA.

Vale, Peel Valley Air Services - died of starvation in 1961.

Here we go again, the September missive by Skidmore shows that #casa are just not listening.

http://vocasupport.com/september-missive-released-by-casa/

and the release today of the #casa corporate plan.

A plan that will not assist either:

http://vocasupport.com/more-pain-for-australian-aviation-with-release-of-casa-corporate-plan/

• Like 1

I am completely befuddled as to why these organiseations have disregard to the people who operate within their guide lines.

These days we here about the "Useer Pays System" it is a shame that there is no trading opposition.

Regards,

KP

CASA, in my mind, can never achieve respect of the Aviation Community while it has such unrestricted power to do good or evil as it's employees choose. When it gives up its right to rule by decree and recognises the damage done to the industry over the last 20 years then it has a ghost of a chance of earning the respect of those it creates regulations for. While it continues to be grossly inefficient and ineffective at updating regulations it will continue to attract the deserved scorn that comes its way. As I understand it, the 1999 Act is still not fully implemented 16 years after it's passing.

It will be very interesting to judge the effectiveness of the new Director Skidmore at the end of his first year in the job. I still have hope but it is starting to fade based on the latest monthly newsletter. However, in my view, he would have to try exceedingly hard to ever approach the low standard easily achieved by his immediate predecessor who was able to halt progress faster than a set of Brembo brakes.

• Agree 3

Of course Keith, we commit the sin of aviation. I am told on good authority, that #casa consider that a pilot is just a criminal they have not caught.http://vocasupport.com/further-damage-to-aviation-accrues-from-car-232/

Well up-in-the-air, affectively what you said there and add the link into the equation, aviation is doomed as we know it.

OK? Those gentlemen are not real smart,,, if all the planes are grounded and all the pilots are imprisoned all those in the ivory tower will not have anyone or anything to administer. These governments are not that dumb at times I do have my doubts, they will all be got rid of as no one will be committing aviation..

As Dick Smith said look at all the closed hangers which are being used for junk storage shed. That shows that the goons have been successful in shrinking aviation. How many staff were employed then and how many now.

Regards,

KP.

. . . As Dick Smith said look at all the closed hangers which are being used for junk storage shed. That shows that the goons have been successful in shrinking aviation. How many staff were employed then and how many now.

Nothing more telling than the clear evidence of a shrunken industry. Not all CASA's doing but they certainly have been, imho, a major contributor to the trend. Can't forget litigious lawyers in the USA and terrified insurers that all but killed GA off on their own.

• Agree 2

CASA seem to be expert at shrinking the aviation industry. They get everyone's confidence, then give it to them.

So why sponsor AusFly ? like how they sponsored Natfly ? So they can be in charge !

CASA name didn't appear on sponsor list of Australia's International AirShow. Why not ? http://www.airshow.com.au/airshow2015/PUBLIC/airshow/sponsors-stakeholders.asp.

CASA sport aviation have proved without doubt they are not out to promote sport aviation !

AusFly Sponsors

AusFLY wouldn't be possible without the generous support of its sponsors.

Become an AusFLY 2015 sponsor and be a part of the premier airshow for amateur built aircraft in Australia.

Want to be a sponsor? Contact Us

Major Sponsors

CASA http://casa.gov.au

Narromine ------------

Aero ---------------

Aviation ---------------

• Informative 1

With the unfounded attack on Jabiru CASA have shown their contempt for the success of an Australian icon aviation business. I wonder if Jabiru will ever recover from this assault? Unfounded? CASA have not, to my knowledge, ever provided good reason why the actions that they precipitously took, were taken.

Also.

My reply received from Mark Skidmore on this issue mentioned that he would or had instructed CASA to expedite the investigation.

Probably a copy went to all that submitted a protest.

I see he is attending Ausfly. Hope someone can jog his memory.

PHIL.

• Haha 1

Also.My reply received from Mark Skidmore on this issue mentioned that he would or had instructed CASA to expedite the investigation.

Probably a copy went to all that submitted a protest.

I see he is attending Ausfly. Hope someone can jog his memory.

PHIL.

He did not even reply to my email. Any replies I got were totally unbelievable. The biggest disgrace is after getting no satisfaction from W Truss I wrote to PMs office and they said the relevant minister would reply! NO reply, bunch of -------- and -----------. I have the FOI as well as those who I have sent it to and that is a load of BS too, the numbers are not there !

Expedite ! They added a year ! What a bunch of ------------------- .

There is no doubt that CASA could not organise a chook raffle.

• Agree 1

For quite a while nothing's changed. You have to go back over 49 years to get better function by a long way.

"We assure you during the alterations all our efforts will be directed to providing you with the quality of Service you are used to receiving from CASA". ?? Groan.... and of course "We're NOT happy till YOU are NOT happy" C'mon some one. Shake this joint up. Even a just reasonable performance would stand out as a sharp contrast. Nev

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the following in a reply to my 'cost recovery' submission:

CASA has reviewed all of the feedback received from the aviation community and, in listening to these concerns, CASA has decided to delay the introduction of the flight crew licencing regulatory fees until further notice.

• Like 1

It is good that he is admitting as there are things going on over what CASA imbeciles have done and CASA has to find a way out and this may be the start to resolves what the fools have done ! The power crazed imbeciles need to undo the mess and I hope that they get rid of them as they are as popular as rats under the house !

The fact that Truss and Skidmore were at Ausfly show they are in patch up mode and they need to undo some serious damage done to Sport aviation. The article was Well spotted but Skidmore's not likely to say too much until he has the fix !

• Like 1
  • Caution 1