Go the Cowboys

Guest GraemeM

Qld...........state or origin...................ours

Qld...........NRL best club team..........ours

so why.........is this upcoming final not played HERE......in Qld.............Grrrrrrrr

( where's that seb blater....."FIFA".......he'd sort matters ) 111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif

• Agree 1

The NRL is a nation-wide sport. So what if this year the Grand Finalists are both from the same State? What if the Storm had won? For the New South Wales supporters, the effect would have been the same - no NSW team in the Grand Final.

In my opinion, we are going to see the clash of two forms of Rugby League nest weekend. The Broncos will exhibit their style, which is based on a heavy Forward pack pounding away at their opposing pack, and ending with a movement of the ball out towards the wingers.

The Cowboys, who seem to be slimmer, play a more open style, using the ball and agility to get past the defence. Personally, I like this style a lot as it produces a lot of variation in each set of six, and there are more chances for line breaks. What worries me the most is losing Thurston though injury. I'm not saying to the Broncos, "Go easy on him.", but I have a great fear that he will be hurt by some trivial accident. I hope the team has developed a plan to deal with his loss.

Sadly, though, I have a horrible feeling that the Broncos will win another Premiership. Please prove me wrong, Cowboys!

OME

That was a brilliant game of Rugby League played be two very equal teams. The Broncos have no cause to hang their heads. I felt sure that the Broncos had it at the last play, but the RL gods definitely smiled on the Cowboys' side. Great credit to both teams.

OME

• Agree 2

Agree what a game of football, record crowd (FT not sure where you got the lots of empty seats), I don't like to see the Broncs loose but tonight I didn't care who won and I'm glad to see NQ and JT win a final they have been on the receiving end of some bad decisions the last few years, add that to the rugby this morning probably one of the best games I have seen Australia play in a long time if they keep this up they can win the world cup.

And don't forget the Ipswich Jets (Shane Walker a good friend of mine and his brother Ben) have done a fantastic job of getting the Jets through to win the state championship.

Aldo

• Agree 2

the top tier was full of blue spaces

Really it was a record crowd for a grand final as well as a record for attendance over the entire final series needed 81+K tonight to achieve that and had 82+K in the stadium tonight, find a reason to like something or one day you will wake up as a 70 year old and wonder why you were such a negative person all your life and think to yourself gee I could have had such a better time.

Aldo

• Like 1

It's a humourless world we live in these days. It seems like if you're famous, you just can't get full as a boot and have a good time anymore.

What a legend. At least he kept his trousers on.

Guest Maj Millard
The NRL is a nation-wide sport. So what if this year the Grand Finalists are both from the same State? What if the Storm had won? For the New South Wales supporters, the effect would have been the same - no NSW team in the Grand Final.In my opinion, we are going to see the clash of two forms of Rugby League nest weekend. The Broncos will exhibit their style, which is based on a heavy Forward pack pounding away at their opposing pack, and ending with a movement of the ball out towards the wingers.

The Cowboys, who seem to be slimmer, play a more open style, using the ball and agility to get past the defence. Personally, I like this style a lot as it produces a lot of variation in each set of six, and there are more chances for line breaks. What worries me the most is losing Thurston though injury. I'm not saying to the Broncos, "Go easy on him.", but I have a great fear that he will be hurt by some trivial accident. I hope the team has developed a plan to deal with his loss.

Sadly, though, I have a horrible feeling that the Broncos will win another Premiership. Please prove me wrong, Cowboys!

OME

Proven wrong !....