Just on the phone to CASA

shafs64

I'm flat out trying to recall when they were regarded so poorly. THAT english test is to hear people who can't speak English without a heavy accent. Nev

Yes, I thought it would be a bit of a joke when I did my test. No so! Some of those recorded accents they have you decipher are not so easy. A lot of overseas students train around the Jandakot area, and they are often hard to understand on the radio even when you more or less know what they are trying to say. Not their fault. It must be very difficult to train in a foreign country.

rgmwa

Seems to be a lot of inconsistent information.

When I phoned I was told I just needed to submit form 61-9TX to transfer from my CAR 5 GFPT ,which already included Flight Radio Licence. I did so and next correspondence from them was my RPL arriving in the mail.

CASA are absolutely not interested in anything to do with safety they just satisfy their own interests ! Casa has proven over and over again that it is slow and incapable of serving the aviation community, it can only destroy it ! Australia is no longer the lucky country ! It supports government departments that suck the life out of viable businesses, a buisness owner has to work and be competitive to survive ! Government departments just put up their charges and by law we have to pay it ! Don't kick the cat , write on casa feedback and tell them they are a waste of time, space, oxygen and need to change their ways ! I'm totally sick of casa and I think they are sick of me!

• Agree 2

CASA are absolutely not interested in anything to do with safety they just satisfy their own interests ! Casa has proven over and over again that it is slow and incapable of serving the aviation community, it can only destroy it ! Australia is no longer the lucky country ! It supports government departments that suck the life out of viable businesses, a buisness owner has to work and be competitive to survive ! Government departments just put up their charges and by law we have to pay it ! Don't kick the cat , write on casa feedback and tell them they are a waste of time, space, oxygen and need to change their ways ! I'm totally sick of casa and I think they are sick of me!

You can add local councils to that list. Pen pushers clocking time till retirement.

Couldn't give a rats about their own community development.

• Agree 2

Peri is from CASA

Lol. Does CASA even have an office in Brisbane? Last time I worked for government I bailed at the 4 month mark, the guys I worked with were ok, but the management was woeful. I was subcontracted in there from my then employer (Microsoft) so I had to quit a job with fairly reasonable amount of future potential.

• Agree 1

Seems to be a lot of inconsistent information.When I phoned I was told I just needed to submit form 61-9TX to transfer from my CAR 5 GFPT ,which already included Flight Radio Licence. I did so and next correspondence from them was my RPL arriving in the mail.

Maybe casa use ex Telstra call centre employees. if they don't know how to help you they will tell you it is impossible or get you to do something totally irrelevant to your original enquiry or transfer you to someone else in a department that has nothing to do with what you want. I find the best way is to hang up and ring back and keep doing that until you get someone who actually knows what they are on about.

As for the English test, it isn't the only thing that reeks stupidity in the system. (Now that was a civilised comment!)