Barwon Heads accident

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm I could be wrong but it is just strange, as I have watched aircraft at the same altitude all the way to king island.

There also using the word "passenger plane" and that makes me think RPT.

There are unconfirmed reports from people in the area that the plane has crashed into the water near the HMAS Canberra shipwreck.

The shipwreck was sunk deliberately, about 1km off Barwon Heads, and is a popular dive site.

The incident is believed to involve a light aircraft, but the Herald Sun understands the plane is not involved with skydiving, which is popular in the area.

There are unconfirmed reports that there were four people on board.

Emergency helicopters are on scene.

Ambulance Victoria Tweeted that it had dispatched two helicopters to the scene.

Robbo, give it a rest. Few details are known at this stage and your speculation above about which aircraft it is likely wrong. How do you know that what is being picked out of the water is actually part of the aircraft?

The media sometimes show pictures of any aircraft just to have a picture. That Airvan appears to be registered in the Barwon Heads area but a spokesman for Barwon Heads airport stated on the link below that all their aircraft had been accounted for.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/news/crime-court/barwon-heads-plane-crash-passengers-believed-dead-as-craft-crashes-into-sea/news-story/4caebb1efe91f7a386cff1a1ec868ce3

The media just showed it, I should know better and not to post images from the media as there always wrong.

So I very much doubt it, I will not single out any aircraft as most of the information I have posted has come from the media, and as we all know there always wrong.

Looking at the aerial footage it must have hit hard as that debris field is huge and the pieces of debris are tiny.

So the details of the aircraft are not known and there saying they dunno where the aircraft has come from, but I think the police have suggested the three people they have found were the only people on board.

R.I.P

Just watched the media conference and they said it was a small pax aircraft and it left Moorabbin, same as what I said earlier. I still think its VH-TOT the radar data matches.I shall say no more...

Edit: Aircraft now has an unknown status https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VHTOT

Flight aware often shows unknown at the end of a GA flight. It seems that unless it is able to track you all the way to the ground it doesn't think you have landed.

Click on "track log and graph". This shows the return flight part of the flight getting back to morabbin at approx 3:40

• Agree 2