Plane down - Riverland SA

You have to love how they change the stories! The first article they had on this link made it out to be an aircraft crash!

I guess we can never know if or when we are going to have a heart attack , better it be just before take off!

Our newspapers have become so trashy and amateurish it's a joke. And the spelling and grammar is pathetic. Let's hope our fellow pilot at Cobdogla comes out of this okay...

They should study these forums and get their spelling correct.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

Ok. Here it is. As I cry.

This is my very close friend whom I just spoke with before he passed

He was in his new plsne not yet flown!!!!!! Still in taxi test stage

He had a heart attack and didn't make it

I'm am most upset right now

• Informative 2

He used to be on here. a member

Doug Mason. RIP Dougy.

He is the man that gave me my invader and help me out with the jackaroo

He was also going to be a main character in movie .

We had plans of turning my lightwing into a float plane for movie

I really am very sad. And shocked

This morning right before passing he sent me message - he was in his hangar just about to drag his new Baby ( slipstream) out for a taxi run. He mentioned how perfect the weather was. And also mentioned having trouble dragging out the big beast.. But was in very positive spirits about doing a taxi run..

• Winner 1

He used to be on here. a memberDoug Mason. RIP Dougy.

He is the man that gave me my invader and help me out with the jackaroo

He was also going to be a main character in movie .

We had plans of turning my lightwing into a float plane for movie

I really am very sad. And shocked

This morning right before passing he sent me message - he was in his hangar just about to drag his new Baby ( slipstream) out for a taxi run. He mentioned how perfect the weather was. And also mentioned having trouble dragging out the big beast.. But was in very positive spirits about doing a taxi run..

Very sorry and sad to hear this flyerme. Condolences to you and Doug's family.

There is always a big gap when someone you know well and have "arrangements" to do things with is no more. It takes time to really come to grips with the fact that this has changed, and some things are not going to happen as they would have. There is only one thing you can do and that is just keep going, IF it's really what you want.. Even though an aircraft is involved, it's not an aeroplane accident as such. In some ways it would be worse IF he got airborne. . Nev

• Agree 2

New TV series, "Farmer wants a by-pass".

Not funny mate, spare a thought for those that knew the guy. This is totally unexpected, he really was not that old probably a similar age to many on these forums, I am totally shocked.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

Not funny mate, spare a thought for those that knew the guy. This is totally unexpected, he really was not that old probably a similar age to many on these forums, I am totally shocked.

He left his mark on us Tech....

He was very excited at the thought of taking your Chiny for a fly in next couple months for film :)

The whole thing is so sad at least he won't have to suffer the cancer treatment any more.

• Agree 1

Take every day as it comes.....my older brother (60) has just been told he has Motor Neuron Disease.

He wouldn't fly with me, thought it was too dangerous.

Enjoy life ....chase your dream and don't say one day........one day it may be to late !

I'd rather die trying than wishing I had tried !

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1

I've said it before, and as a cancer patient in remission, a pacemaker recipient and a car accident survivor, I'll say it again. Live every day as if it's your last, because someday you're going to be right. There are things I can never do again due to my various conditions, such as flying PIC, and I regret that every day. Doug was in his element, doing what he loved till his last minute. RIP Doug.

• Like 8