Crikey this New fiver

fly_tornado

I can see the Tardis, several flagellate bacteria, a sea urchin shell and a Bluebird of Happiness.OME

Don't flagellate yourself over them. And if the Queen is the bluebird, she don't look too happy.

First I've seen of it. Now I can see why people interviewed on the wirless said it was a bit busy. One said it looked like monopoly money. I guess these days it has about the same buying power; you can't even buy a pie with one.

Why does it even have to be changed? I wouldn't give you $5 for that.Bloody Government just have to spend money - that isn't theirs.

They are changing them all. $5 note is just the first cab off the rank. $10 next etc all on down the line. About one year between introductions I think. They are harder to counterfeit apparently but at the same time "things" have been done to make it much easier for a machine to accurately identify/count them (note acceptors in vending machines etc-al). This was the main push for changing them. Or so I hear tell.

And 'yes' I wouldn't give you $5 for one of the garish collideoscopic mashups either.

I have also been informed that each denomination will have a different variety of wattle on it. Heard the one on the fiver referred to as a dunny brush.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

• Haha 2

So blind people can distinguish it from other denominations.

Not well thought out then, our notes are already easily distinguishable to the blind, some of them carry a little check gage as well. Blind people in China have no trouble at all telling the paper notes apart. I go for blind massage once at week is how I know, I even try to cheat them for a laugh - it's ok, they know my sense of humour well.

I go for blind massage once at week is how I know, I even try to cheat them for a laugh - it's ok, they know my sense of humour well.

Sounds like it had a happy ending then...

• Haha 1

Guest Andys@coffs

But as others have said above a fiver wont buy you a pie these days....And this one shows 2.....or rather 2 after the Gov has had its GST removed......

The argument, which I agree with, that this is a solution in need of a good problem is in reality just a microcosm of the whole republican debate of old.......It'll costs a zillion bucks to change and at the end...we'd pretty much have exactly what we started with....

So we cut back on diagnostic testing in our health systems so we can afford to up issue our $5 note...bargain really!!