Visit to the pharmacist

red750

My comment is meant to be punny. When people say the wine tastes like Camels Piss I say "I wouldn't know". Nev

When the anaesthetic drug "Propofol" ( of Michael Jackson fame) is injected it is quite common for patients to get an unusual taste in the mouth just as they go off to sleep. Sometimes the patients have enough time to describe this taste.

I have had two patients who spontaneously stated that it tasted like Camel's Piss. I still wonder how they knew?

Staying with a mate at a small pu in Broken hill years ago, full board.

He complained to me that I was sipping his sherry bottle.

When I denied if he urinated in the bottle to catch out the culprit.

When we left, the woman publican said, nice to have you boys here and hope you don't mind that I put some of your sherry in the soup.

Fair dinkum story.

PHIL.

• Haha 2

I have had two patients who spontaneously stated that it tasted like Camel's Piss. I still wonder how they knew?

They were Moslems? In the Hadith drinking Camel urine is recommended by Mohammad for its medicinal properties (not joking). In some ME countries you can buy bottles of it for this purpose. As with many things fresh may be better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qzdmSk3cnw

They were Moslems? In the Hadith drinking Camel urine is recommended by Mohammad for its medicinal properties (not joking). In some ME countries you can buy bottles of it for this purpose. As with many things fresh may be better:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qzdmSk3cnw

This is the first time I have heard of this but ....

I went to a conference at the beginning of last year and there was a urologist who gave an off the main topic of the conference talk on "Do Camel's Get Kidney Stones?"

The basic question arises when you understand that in humans kidney stones are more likely to happen if you have very concentrated urine. The substances get so concentrated that they precipitate out into crystals that compact together and form stones.

It turns out that camels, despite super concentrated urine don't get kidney stones. It further turns out they have some enzyme in the urine which prevents the crystals binding together to form a stone.

So maybe, just maybe, there is some rational reason drinking camel's piss might be beneficial. At least to decrease the risk of kidney stones.

(I'm not recommending because proteins (all enzymes are proteins) are usually digested in the stomach and bowel before you absorb them so superficially I don't think it would work. But .... what do I know??

Slightly off topic, when my wife was nursing she asked a trainee nurse to give Mrs so and so this suppository; some time later she asked the trainee nurse if she had done so, to which she replied "yes, I gave it to her with her morning coffee". True story.

Alan.

Mohammed must have met a few Yoga gurus in his time traipsing round the desert... And decided he wasn;t going to drink his own piss, looked around and saw a camel at just the right height to make a fine dispenser...

I know it's off topic, but I did post it in the Laughter forum. Surprisingly, it was sent to me be a lady (Facebook) friend, ex work colleague, who is over 65.

Guest Andys@coffs
Slightly off topic, when my wife was nursing she asked a trainee nurse to give Mrs so and so this suppository; some time later she asked the trainee nurse if she had done so, to which she replied "yes, I gave it to her with her morning coffee". True story.Alan.

Oooh that would burn!!!! unless they let it cool down first.....

There would be a good market for "Suppositories of Wisdom" if we could get them in bulk. OR call them "Truth" (for liars) and they can be loose with the truth.

There was also this fellow who couldn't stop "winking" (NO, not Tony Abbott) and when he went to the Pharmacy he would ask for headache tablets or whatever, but because he was continuously winking, he ended up with a draw full of condoms, after a short while.Nev.