“ROAST A CFI OR INSTRUCTOR” - POSTS.

Time to pay back CFI’s and Instructors.

What amusing or nasty CFI (including instructors) habits or idiosyncrasies stories do you have.

Okay some rules here:

1 No CFI or Instructor Names, or Names of flying schools.

2 Any stuff up by a CFI or Instructor is fair game, again no names, no flying school’s names.

3 Bad landings made by them are also good to report and how they excused it.

4. Posters should not be a CFI or Instructor.

• Like 1

With reference to item 3 (bad landings) I would have to put my hand up for being in the position of bashing circuits with a student(s) that can fly, but just not getting the landing right, and said, "Here, watch how I do it..".

And then going splatt, just as bad as them.

Or; 042_hide.gif.f5e8fb1d85d95ffa63d9b5a325bf422e.gif 035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif 072_teacher.gif.7912536ad0b89695f6408008328df571.gif 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif drive.gif.1181dd90fe7c8032bdf2550324f37d56.gif036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif050_sad_angel.gif.66bb54b0565953d04ff590616ca5018b.gif055_ha_ha.gif.ab4c01c0c86f3c68b39f2590d051c8ca.gif

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Instructor to me - "Looking good ... round out ... nice ... hold off ... hold off ... " thump - crack " I have control!"

full power and climb away

Instructor to other aircraft "Ummm can you come up and confirm how many legs we have ..."

Answer became apparent on VERY gentle touchdown ... 2.5 ... full delaminated the left leg and it gently collapsed as we landed with engine off as we touched down

• Like 2

done a loop in an cessna aerobat at about 1500 to 1000 feet on straight in final

I was flying - instructor took control unannounced - put pedal to metal - nose down - speed up and over we went

about a 30 year old instructor leaving for overseas and was one of his last flights (I suppose) with that particular club - not an overly bright thing to do me thought

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I was in the back seat of a PA-28 on a multi-leg nav in central NSW with two other students and an instructor. Student in the front tried to fly under a front with a rolling dust cloud and we became inverted. Student took his hands off the controls and refused to touch them again, so instructor in RH seat took over and turned us up the right way and a 180 degree turn out of there. I saw the instructor 40 years later and reminded him of this, he said "I never tried that again."

1974.......on base to rwy 17right , Moorabin, SI yells 'MY AIRCRAFT' , proceeds to aim straight at Princess of Tasmania on the near horizon ( Pt Phillip Bay), suddenly making ack, ack ,ack sounds , released about 1000 rounds in about 10 seconds, and then 'Your Aircraft' ............OK , turn final and plant a greaser , thankyou ! ( no headsets in those days , either)

• Haha 1

I think second lesson. I was told to do a 90' left hand turn.

Got it all wrong. Instructor.... You want tight turns, I'll give you tight turns till your eyes ******pop out!

Changed flying school.

Many years ago with only about 4hrs up my sleeve, I mentioned to my instructor that I had taken the family to Australia's Wonderland the previous day, but they didn't get me to go on the Bush Beast rollercoaster. He replied "I have a cure for that".

Later out in the training area, he got me to climb to 3500 feet, reduce airspeed, pull on first stage of flap and trim for straight and level flight.

The same procedure followed with carby-heat on another couple of times, until we were hanging in the air on full flap at a much reduced speed, and the bugger then threw the flap lever to the floor.

The PA28 dropped like brick with no sky in the windscreen and wings out of level. With a wicked grin on his face, he talked me through restoring it to normal flight, then said "now go and try that roller coaster you chicken". 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif Not quite the lesson I was expecting, but I did learn how much lift the flaps provide.