New Tech. Manual

Keith Page

The board does however deserve a bollocking over the review and updating of a lot of docos.

CASA does provide an NPRM process. There is no reason why RAA can't. State your aims, write up the philosophy, get that OK'd, get the lawyers to write the rules, get that OK'd, submit to the higher authority. The process should be transparent all the way.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The board does however deserve a bollocking over the review and updating of a lot of docos. CASA does provide an NPRM process. There is no reason why RAA can't. State your aims, write up the philosophy, get that OK'd, get the lawyers to write the rules, get that OK'd, submit to the higher authority. The process should be transparent all the way.

There's the problem, the current agenda is not with the memberships blessing. Major changes to so many areas of RAAus operations being bulldozed through without a proper mandate (apart from the change to a "Limited Liability Co"). This grand plan cannot be coming from genuine believers in the RAAus mantra.

Monck and Linke have other fish to fry. CASA's wishlist is being imposed on our executive with titbits offered as gains claimed by executive.

We are being played as fools, made to spend $1.8 million on compliance and upgrades to computer systems to accomodate an anticipated increase to membership when essentially this financial bleeding weakens our position in all dealing with CASA. We are in crisis !.

• Agree 6

Keith re post 115 Baaa, Baaa or should it be Bah?

I will answer it like this.. Baaa, Baaa is many sheep but Bah is only one sheep. This is a case, I am not sure of the burden of the question.

Hope that answer will suffice..

KP.

Anyone having trouble getting access to the L1 on-line learning site? A week ago I tried to have a look at what it is all about, but the username and password sent to me wouldn't work. Assuming I had stuffed up I requested another password, which also didn't work. Next step:- I sent an email to RaAus with their automated password message attached and requested help. As of today there has been no reply to my email. My current train of thought is that I made an honest attempt to use their imposed system (which I consider to be a slap in the face for a 19 builder who previously held an L2 rating), so I will just wait for the reply and carry on regardless doing what I have always done - even if past the required date next year. Any thoughts?

Anyone having trouble getting access to the L1 on-line learning site? s ?

I had same trouble,

Signed on OK with new password,

I then completed the assignment that established that I can read.

I can't see that it did anything towards assessing my ability to competently

maintain my aircraft.

Anyone having trouble getting access to the L1 on-line learning site? A week ago I tried to have a look at what it is all about, but the username and password sent to me wouldn't work. Assuming I had stuffed up I requested another password, which also didn't work. Next step:- I sent an email to RaAus with their automated password message attached and requested help. As of today there has been no reply to my email. My current train of thought is that I made an honest attempt to use their imposed system (which I consider to be a slap in the face for a 19 builder who previously held an L2 rating), so I will just wait for the reply and carry on regardless doing what I have always done - even if past the required date next year. Any thoughts?

I did the L1 on line learning a week ago with no problem. Like you I didn't learn a lot and I think your prior experience should have meant you should not have had to do it. Newbies wanting to maintain their aircraft may get a lot more out of it. If I was you I would ask for an exemption or ring up so you can log in and do it. Don't give the insurance company a way out if you ever have to claim.

[quote=

If I was you I would ask for an exemption or ring up so you can log in and do it. Don't give the insurance company a way out if you ever have to claim.

So is it possible to be granted an exemption due to prior experience etc.?

It can't hurt to ask about an exemption. This from their last email.

"As always, RAAus will recognise appropriate prior learning and certification from any suitably recognised training course. For instance, members who have completed the SAAA Weight and Balance training will be automatically recognised."

Love the 'let's ignore the written requirements and do the pragmatic' when faced with illogical outcomes. All other regulated areas of my life that allow RPL or DCT have the permission for it exist written into the regulatory regime.

Great to see the RAAus professional bodies in charge really understand how to write regulations and operate.

Note excess levels of sarcasm may exist in this post - sorry but the number of examples of just do what we say regardless of what we've written is getting to me

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the tech manual and now I wonder why it i so big. At first glance it appeas to cover all that CASA requires us to do, plus other things. I would have thought that CASA requirements were a foregone conclusion as we have to comply. they did not need to be stated again. Or mybe RAAus expects us to use their documentation without any reference to CASA. That would be very remiss of us.

• Like 1