Accident 2016/09/05 Mt Barker WA. reported on 7's 4pm news.

Video of a crash involving a Vans RV-9A at Mt Barker in WA. Both occupants, a 67 yo pilot and his wife, walked away with minor injuries while the aircraft was inverted and extensively damaged.

I bet you again red, i so like beating you 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gifThe girlfriend said im always "quick"

Yeah, but I got the pic. As for the second bit, that's nothing to be proud of. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

• Caution 1

"Walked away", "minor injuries " ... Is that right ? .... Bob

That's what the TV report said. ATSB Accident Report also says minor injuries. They had to be assisted out, but no major injuries.

Yeah, but I got the pic. As for the second bit, that's nothing to be proud of. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

But I got blue pills so I can keep going like the energizer bunny but in quick sessions.

Ok back to topic... Wonder if the below relates to fuel starvation.

During cruise, the engine failed. While conducting a forced landing the aircraft collided with terrain. The pilot and passenger sustained minor injuries. The aircraft was substantially damaged.

It was a local lawyer driving it. I'm waiting for the jokes to start coming now. (P.S. - I beat ya all, I posted this in Aviation news only 3 hrs after it happened, late on Sunday afternoon).

I reckon he's in the market for a new Vans - that one won't buff out, that's for sure.

• Agree 1

That's what the TV report said. ATSB Accident Report also says minor injuries. They had to be assisted out, but no major injuries.

Thanks for that Red. Two very lucky people . Accident occurred on Sept 4 , cheers ..... Bob

The well done is of course only if the engine failure was not caused by air in the tanks

Yeah - I'm kind of thinking, the lack of any fire is suspicious? - or maybe they just got real lucky, and the fuel drained away from any ignition source?I'm not sure how they managed to free themselves from that bubble canopy? At least this prang shows that inversion with a bubble canopy is survivable with only minor injuries.

Yeah - I'm kind of thinking, the lack of any fire is suspicious? - or maybe they just got real lucky, and the fuel drained away from any ignition source?I'm not sure how they managed to free themselves from that bubble canopy? At least this prang shows that inversion with a bubble canopy is survivable with only minor injuries.

Provided you're somewhere where there's someone to help you out.

• Agree 2

I wonder if the couple had clothes on when they crashed? 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif Perhaps someone was getting a little frisky and accidentally switched the mags off? 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

I remember a crash in the U.S. where they found the couple naked in the wreckage - and the investigators concluded, that a bit of nookie probably took the drivers attention off the job, resulting in the crash!

They couldn't find anything wrong with the aircrafts controls, or control surfaces, or fuel supply, and the engine was still producing power when it spiralled in. 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

I wonder if the couple had clothes on when they crashed?

Someone said the pilot was 67.

Now before you all jump on me for being ageist, I'm not saying he's not capable of joining the mile high club (although I'm not sure how the logistics work in an RV9), just that he's old enough to know better...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Someone said the pilot was 67.Now before you all jump on me for being ageist, I'm not saying he's not capable of joining the mile high club (although I'm not sure how the logistics work in an RV9), just that he's old enough to know better...

But what about Geoff Edelson the root rat and helicopter crasher

• Haha 1

But what about Geoff Edelson the root rat and helicopter crasher

Apparently he was going for his first solo when he crashed the chopper, so unless he had a grip on the wrong joystick he wasn't trying for the mile high club!

• Agree 1

Someone said the pilot was 67.Now before you all jump on me for being ageist, I'm not saying he's not capable of joining the mile high club (although I'm not sure how the logistics work in an RV9), just that he's old enough to know better...

Yes, Marty, I'd say that's pretty spot on. Saw the interview with the pilot, he looked like a fairly sensible, cool and collected bloke - even though he'd just come to within a whisker of wiping himself out, less than 24 hrs ago.It was his 59 yr old wife that was the passenger. Now, if it'd been his 24 yr old secretary ... well, that would have certainly made for a good salacious story ... wink, wink ... 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Haha 2
  • Caution 1