OzJet 737-200

Andrew

We have begun a journey to save 2 ex OzJet 737-200 aircraft abandoned at Perth Airport.

We intend to dismantle and transport them by road to York,WA. approximately 100 km's east.

Please see www.737-200.com.au

Appreciate any assistance, advice or help spreading the word.

Please delete or move if this is considered inappropriate for this forum.

1672685992_IMG_92596x4.jpg.2662584b3dfdc0427984ead0e9cbfbdc.jpg

• Like 1

I can't offer any financial help but please feel free to use this site to promote your project. If you can provide a graphic 250px wide by 125px high with any appropriate text on the graphic I will place it in the side column of the site to hopefully get you more exposure

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I understand the 3rd Oz jet is at Jandakot for training purposes. Rumor is that they BORROWED some fuel, apparently a couple of pilots from the US arrived early one morning, flew it to jandakot, jumped back on the plane headed back to the US and no body or everybody knew nothing. APPARENTLY.

• Winner 1

I understand the 3rd Oz jet is at Jandakot for training purposes. Rumor is that they BORROWED some fuel, apparently a couple of pilots from the US arrived early one morning, flew it to jandakot, jumped back on the plane headed back to the US and no body or everybody knew nothing. APPARENTLY.

Correct Groundhog. The third (or first) aircraft was flown to Jandakot by nobody. it is used by Polytechnic West (TAFE).

• Winner 1

Trouble with this story is alot of questions will get asked by a governing body, like, how was the maintainance do to prep the aircraft for a jump to jandakot, how the fuel appeared in the tanks, tower clearance?..now that!! is a good story, all this just happened one morning. Left alot of people scratching their heads. Shame York airfield isnt long enough, would need an AG pilot / 737-200 experience to drop this baby down.