building my Savannah-S in germany

MajorTom

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green or red is useless during the day...only for night time...we can not fly at night so bright white stobes on the wingtips and top of the rudder is good for here.

You might wan't to consider the resale value.... just in case you get bored and want to sell overseas... ;-)

Same thing in germany. We may fly 30 min befor sunrise and after sunset. I will put a 3 Watt red and green in.... it dosn't hurt...

Life can be challenging! So can the italien manual. ... I have to remove some rivets. Parts 451 and 452 must be wrong. But after reading the instructiuon for the ten'th time, I still don't know where to put them. The german translation is even more twisted. It reads about lether and brocken parts... totaly maddening...

Can some one please help???

• Haha 1

Steve: are you getting closer to fully decoding theit-Alien manual (and by implication) completing your build?

The build has stalled....I have about 40 hours up on my other Rotax already though.

I don't know where the parts 451/452 go...Is this riveted to rib 3 where the tank cover is?

049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif This is obviously a preview what I am going to encounter when I get my Savannah. What is "the attacks of the strutbreaker" in this manual?

The build has stalled....I have about 40 hours up on my other Rotax already though.

You must be busy on the farm 038_sweat.gif.5ddb17f3860bd9c6d8a993bf4039f100.gif. I hope you pick up the pace again soon. From what I have seen of your mostly-completed plane, yours is a particularly nice-an-neat example of a homebuilt Savannah!

049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif This is obviously a preview what I am going to encounter when I get my Savannah. What is "the attacks of the strutbreaker" in this manual?

Hello Eightyknots;

For anyone living in another galaxy, it is clear:

"the attacks of the strutbreaker" simply means: "the attachment

Hello Eightyknots;For anyone living in another galaxy, it is clear:

"the attacks of the strutbreaker" simply means: "the attachment

(Let me finish what I was saying without hitting "enter") ....simply means: "the attachment of the strut brace"

MAJOR TOM: 451/452 rivet to the underside of each wing at the third rib and form the upper mount for the strut brace.

gotta love that manual....

Canada Dan

MAJOR TOM: 451/452 rivet to the underside of each wing at the third rib and form the upper mount for the strut brace.

o.k. third. rib is clear ....

It is the third 3,2mm hole counted from the spar....Do I have to go forward or backward from the spar? ...

and I put the middle of 451 on that third hole and drill the outer holes, right?

Time to brush up on your ItALIEN, Hank.

The strutbreaker is, in fact the 'unstrutbreaker' as it prevents the strut buckling under negative Gs (landings etc); which in English is the jury strut, and these are the brackets that mount one end of it to the wing.

And all they're trying to communicate here is that the bracket is set at a certain angle to the line of wing rivets.

I didn't try marking mine out yet. And there seem to be a few pics around of guys holding drills here after mounting wings, so maybe it's easier to fit it at this time? Anyone???

Well, the second part sounds good to me!

And what is your other Rotax attached to, Steve???

worked a little on my Strobe project...

results are very prommissing...

the LED modules 12V 10W work o.k., but are not the best choice... they must have already drivers or other unwanted electronic in them...

Much better are the seperate 3W Power LEDs.... 3 of them in line on 12V give a blindingly bright burst... I used 6 of them in my little test run

shopping list:

- 3Pcs Digispark Kickstarter Micro USB Development Board For ATTINY85 Arduino 1047663 €6.30

- 10pcs 3W LED Lamp Bulb Chips 200-230Lm White/Warm White Beads 960389 €2.15

- 5Pcs IRFZ44N Transistor N-Channel International Rectifier Power Mosfet 953278 €1.89

(the prices are together and not per peece)

here are the videos:

http://savannah-blog.de/uploads/20170523_214025.mp4

http://savannah-blog.de/uploads/20170523_214518.mp4

20170523_214435.jpg.afa3601c8bdb68ff29a81d2513bb4aa5.jpg

The holes in the brackets line up with the holes in the skins.

Best I make a photo of my "place of choice" befor I use a drill....and you give me thumbs up or down

Canam Defender HD8, my wifes mother's day present, she loves it.

That Canam Defender has no wings, no AirMaster prop, no VGs, no flaperons and no rudder. You need to get back to your Savannah Steve. 074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

• Haha 1

I am waiting for my digisparks and leds to come in. I have some 10W and 20 watt leds coming so will see how they go

Yes, will see. Do you have a possibility to check if the LED modules have an intern PWM circut? This might jam the radio.

Any idea how to get a mould to do the clear resin bath?

Canam Defender HD8, my wifes mother's day present, she loves it.

If it pleases your wife, then there is everything to be said for that...)

• Agree 1