What did you learn to fly on?

How fast a Plane goes and how you cope is just a matter of getting used to it. It can take time to be organised and keep ahead and if you are getting lost it's happening at a faster rate than you are used to but an hour's fuel will get you a long way if you decide at the right time to go there. Nev

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine we each have our own level & most don't belong on mine. Doesn't bother me at all if my ignore list gets long & longer, am not hear to please the ignorant just the ones who are happy to be informed understand that professional pilots also enjoy flying privately & have a lot to offer or are happy to accept that just cause I am not a fan of Jabs or drifters & therefore I am not suited to their 'club'!

Wally the trouble is that you seem to have a big opinion of yourself which, while it may well be waranted by your greatness, immediately gets the hackles up on most 'average' pilots. Most 'average' rec pilots love to be informed and learn from professionals and we have a fair few pros here (note the correct use of here/hear!) that are respected and listened to. Calling those of us who are annoyed by your up yourself attitude ignorant seems to be very ironic to me. The idea that respect is equally proportionate to the kgs of the plane you fly is imho so far removed from reality that it is laughable and is what I would call ignorant.

The likes of Farri have done more to help fellow flyers than you ever will with your attitude.

No need to be sorry Mod, you can't help it, yr not hear to see both sides:-)

• Like 4
  • Agree 5
  • Winner 1

Started flying in 1995 in a Cessna 152. I Currently fly a Ausflight Drifter, Rans S6S, Cessna 162 and a Cessna 182T, sometimes all in the same day 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

My favorite by far is the Drifter.

Kiwi

• Like 2

Had a couple of TIFs in Drifters over the years and in 2008 started learning to fly in a Gazelle at Tyabb. Love Gazelles and Drifters, moved on to Jabs, 170 and 230 and last year got my RPL. Bought a PA28 Cherokee Cruiser. Highlights of my flying is a taxi ride in the tail turret of a Lancaster and a flight out of Biggin Hill in a T9 Spitfire

Cheers

Bryon

Sadly you are no diff than those that have a closed mind, I thought you might have been open minded, sadly not so into the ignore list for you to join yr elite club of closed minds

What I've found since owning the Drifter, is that the people who bag Drifters and other true ulterlights, are the type of pilots that don't, and will never have the flying skills handle them.

So capt wally, can you please put me on your ignore list because I don't want any of your uneducated opinions or advice regarding any of my posts.

Kiwi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What I've found since owning the Drifter, is that the people who bag Drifters and other true ulterlights, are the type of pilots that don't, and will never have the flying skills handle them.So capt wally, can you please put me on your ignore list because I don't want any of your uneducated opinions or advice regarding any of my posts.

Kiwi.

A drifter isn't exactly the space shuttle, I think with training most pilots could handle them. Just like with enough training most ultralight pilots could probably handle a chieftain. I think the elitist rubbish needs to be wiped out.

• Agree 3

A drifter isn't exactly the space shuttle, I think with training most pilots could handle them. Just like with enough training most ultralight pilots could probably handle a chieftain. I think the elitist rubbish needs to be wiped out.

Don't get me wrong, I never said that Drifters are hard to fly, I just stated that people with the attitude of this wally are unlikely to listen to a instructor or take advice about how a low speed high drag aircraft needs to be flown.

Kiwi

Don't get me wrong, I never said that Drifters are hard to fly, I just stated that people with the attitude of this wally are unlikely to listen to a instructor or take advice about how a low speed high drag aircraft needs to be flown.Kiwi

I suspect you are right there unfortunately.

A lot of the people you are criticising as low hours and low experience probably have a substantially broader level of experience and knowledge than you give them credit for

• Like 2

Sadly you are no diff than those that have a closed mind, I thought you might have been open minded, sadly not so into the ignore list for you to join yr elite club of closed minds

Rofl 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif I am close minded yet it is you who is ignoring us one by one (or two at a time as was the case earlier!)035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif The word hypocrite comes to mind.031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

• Like 3

Rofl 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif I am close minded yet it is you who is ignoring us one by one (or two at a time as was the case earlier!)035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif The word hypocrite comes to mind.031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

No point talking about him anymore, read post #106 again, he is unlistening!