CESSNA down at Ballina /fatal

Always weigh up if you really 'have' to get anywhere even by car.

Yes I know it takes out or really reduces the weather element but pushing boundaries of fatigue ect just because you 'have' to get somewhere will be just as deadly in a car.

• Agree 2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It never ceases to amaze the number of older and reputedly "highly experienced" people, who die in simple accidents, in the industries in which they are reputedly very familiar with.

This leads me to the conclusion that "familiarity breeds complacency", and that this is the single greatest factor involved in these deaths.

• Agree 2

Always weigh up if you really 'have' to get anywhere even by car.Yes I know it takes out or really reduces the weather element but pushing boundaries of fatigue ect just because you 'have' to get somewhere will be just as deadly in a car.

Plus SDQDI

You have to take in the element on the road of every other driver trying to kill you

• Agree 4

Plus SDQDIYou have to take in the element on the road of every other driver trying to kill you

AJ I'm impressed by number of hours in Trike. Must have some serious biceps/triceps. Any long-distance XCountry adventures.

Wise old sayingIf you have time to spare go by air

If you HAVE to get there!!! Drive

Agree, but it works better if you make it all rhyme :

Time to spare, go by air.

If you must arrive, you'd better drive.

• Like 4
  • Caution 1

When I first started flying I used to think it was fun flying up through holes in cloud cover and finding another to get back down I don't do that now in fact I've found vfr into imc conditions to be the Most unforgiving situation a vfr pilot can get himself into

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

I think one of the attributes of an IFR pilot is the ability to see when it is the right time to stay on the ground.

Their piloting skills have to be high, definitely higher than mine, but they also get more chances of decision making and that gives IFR the edge.