CHECK THIS ! OH CASA AGAIN !

Camel

I think what is being missed here is we have a commercial pilot that has a record of wheels up landings, maybe there is a problem, maybe the pilot is human.What would Alan Joyce say to his pilots if they had mobile phones hooked up to his aeroplanes ?

No we don't; we have some bullsh!t stories here, and the situation is deteriorating, not getting better. I asked you if you had any evidence; so far silence on that one.

• Agree 3

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have a commercial pilot that has a record of wheels up landings,

Have the circumstances of this pilot's first accident been established? Were these 2 occurrences caused by pilot error? Without that those vital facts, I do not see how these occurrences can be connected to form a pattern of behaviour. I am assuming that some people know the details of both incidents.

Turbs, Open your sleepy eyes, isn’t the evidence in the news story ? or is that all ficticious

The news article said nothing of him making two wheels up landings. It merely said there was a similar incident (different pilot) that was being investigated despite the fact this one wasn’t being investigated. It was pointing out the inconsistency in what the ATSB does and does not investigate.

I think what is being missed here is we have a commercial pilot that has a record of wheels up landings, maybe there is a problem, maybe the pilot is human.What would Alan Joyce say to his pilots if they had mobile phones hooked up to his aeroplanes ?

If you want AWIS en-route you will need access to the mobile network as more and more radio services get terminated. Maybe the inbound checklist should include "Check AWIS, Disable Bluetooth, check and adjust altimeter"

Turbs, Open your sleepy eyes, isn’t the evidence in the news story ? or is that all ficticious

Ah!! "The Australian", a journal of dubious record and noted more for the opinions of its writers rather than hard won facts. It is of course driven into 3rd place of crap by the "Telegraph" and "Herald-Sun" but generally only by the thickness of a cigarette paper.

• Like 1

I’m glad camel is so flawless and immune to error, for most people we are susceptible to many human factors that can cause routine checks to be missed. For many thousands of landings this guy has got the gear down correctly. Undoubtedly this was not his finest night flying, but rather than hanging him in the town square as camel wants to I would suggest we actually all try and learn from the mistake and try not to make it ourselves.Camel, do you have a personal problem with this guy? You are going after him very viciously with absolutely no knowledge of the actual facts of the incident. Everybody on this forum likes to complain how viciously CASA goes after people but there are people on here who make CASA look gentle and forgiving.

Not much -- Camel is only being dictatorial.. a HF stuff up..

For Chester's own display natural cunning he should have reported it, that manoeuvre what have killed all noise in a blink of an eye.

Imagine the silence if the then minister was involved with the reporting, nothing for the masses to go on about, if one tries to hide things the noise from the mob is deafening while they are looking under the carpet.

Instead try this line"Hey I stuffed up here can you come and give me a hand to fix it".. By gosh noise of them all leaving and concealed by the dust as they leave.

KP