Guest bluespot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FH

My two cents worth,

"you aren't FORCED to fly"

But I am, "you are FORCED to fly" in the way Bureaucracy Force's you to fly dictates, even if I believe is unsafe that way.

Their way or don't fly.

Cut out the strength of a known good air-frame, to comply with the Bureaucratic rules of "wing loading".

spacesailor

FHMy two cents worth,

"you aren't FORCED to fly"

But I am, "you are FORCED to fly" in the way Bureaucracy Force's you to fly dictates, even if I believe is unsafe that way.

Their way or don't fly.

Cut out the strength of a known good air-frame, to comply with the Bureaucratic rules of "wing loading".

spacesailor

Interesting usumption there, nobody is 'forced' to fly, that decision is up to the PIC, BUT many do due commercial or other external pressures.

Anaesthetic PLUS some procedure. Usually a few % risk. These days with antibiotic overuse infection makes it even more risky. Any how the issue was "It's not a lie IF you believe it". Believing something is one thing . Truth may well be another thing. Nev

Anaesthetic PLUS some procedure. Usually a few % risk. These days with antibiotic overuse infection makes it even more risky. Any how the issue was "It's not a lie IF you believe it". Believing something is one thing . Truth may well be another thing. Nev

30-day mortality from emergency appendectomy: 0.23%, or about 230/100 000. So, having your appendix out is about as risky as flying 230 hrs (or 100 hrs). (Ref Risk of complications and 30-day mortality after laparoscopic and open appendectomy in a Danish region, 1998-2007; a population-based study of 18,4... - PubMed - NCBI). Lots of surgery is elective, like plastic surgery, which will be safer than having an acute abdomen.

Spacey, you CAN fly EXP GA. as long as you can get the class 2 medical. Re aircraft strength/weight considerations I've argued your way for ages. Flimsy structure ? Not for me, thanks. Nev

Thanks FHBut I couldn't get through RAA Let alone CASA Bureaucracy,

I did ask yonks ago about Norman Stokes health after he bent his Hummel 10-8445,

[ATTACH]53635[/ATTACH]

spacesailor

You can register a Hummel Bird under 95.55 too, no reason at all not to be flying it.

I say "about" 37 kts because that's listed stall speed is 42MPH which is 36.497 kts.

95.10 has no specific stall speed, but it is effectively managed by a low wing loading of less than 30kg/square metre.

95.55 has a max stall of 45kts in the landing config and a MTOW of 544kg (1200lbs).