Hudson River

JG3

This is my buddy Joe Spencer from Mississippi, flying the VFR corridor along the Hudson River, right past downtown New York city, in his Zenith 701.

• Like 8
  • Winner 1

This is my buddy Joe Spencer from Mississippi, flying the VFR corridor along the Hudson River, right past downtown New York city, in his Zenith 701.

That's the 701 with the "Beanie Mod" - I read a lot of his posts over on Zenith.aero. Seems to work ok and I believe a few others have modified / are modifying their 701's the same.

That's the 701 with the "Beanie Mod" - I read a lot of his posts over on Zenith.aero. Seems to work ok and I believe a few others have modified / are modifying their 701's the same.

Yep, Joe did the very first Beannie mod, also was one of the first to remove his slats long ago.

Is it optical delusion?, possible starboard wing twist (3:40 & 4:58). Not obvious later on final.

Are you talking about the ripples in the top skin as seen below?

upload_2018-1-29_17-36-12.png.b065a949a0dc0bbccc560263254661ad.png

You can see the same thing on the port wing, just a little less clear because of the angle of the sun.

701 wing skins are only 0.016" and the bays between ribs are fairly big, so wouldn't be surprised if there's a little rippling in them in flight. Maybe that's how all 701's look when flying - just most of them don't have tail cam so we don't know about it!

• Agree 1

Thanks for sharing and thank your mate for sharing. A great doco up the river. Cheers

It’s good that regular people can still do this after the events of 17 years ago. Nice way to sight see all those places without the crowds.

Makes our ASIC card requirements look pretty dumb, eh whot?

• Agree 4