Mikuni Fuel Pumps

boleropilot

g'day y'all

just been looking at the cost of buying a overhaul kit for a Mikuni fuel pump - during surfing, I came across this ad on eBay - states the pumps are Japanese made - for sale from Townsville - comments please...

Mikuni Pulse Pump DF52-73, 35LPH Flow Rate With Dual Fuel Outlets (Sold Each) | eBay

Why not just deal direct with MikuniOz, They are they Australian distributor for Mikuni and are in Townsville. I used them for my last pump and they also do kits.Fuel Pulse Pumps | Mikunioz

Why not just deal direct with MikuniOz, They are they Australian distributor for Mikuni and are in Townsville. I used them for my last pump and they also do kits.Fuel Pulse Pumps | Mikunioz

judging by the sellers name in the link, I reckon he might be ;)

Jason

• Haha 2

my rain gauge overflowed at 150mm sometime overnight and the probability of rain for the next 3 days is 90, 80 and 70%

maybe I should trade my Drifter in on a SeaDoo.....or get some floats......or maybe one of those 5 metre driveshafts with a boat prop, just bolt it straight to the Rotax gearbox - what could possibly go wrong ?

Hey BP - It might be time for you to acquire a Bayou-style Airboat, so you can still drive something with a propellor? 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

At the risk of thread diversion - The poor buggers in the Kimberley sure could could do with a heap of them, right about now!

Roebuck Plains, S of Broome .. now becoming known as Roebuck Lake .. from the air ...

ABC Kimberley

g'day y'alljust been looking at the cost of buying a overhaul kit for a Mikuni fuel pump - during surfing, I came across this ad on eBay - states the pumps are Japanese made - for sale from Townsville - comments please...

Mikuni Pulse Pump DF52-73, 35LPH Flow Rate With Dual Fuel Outlets (Sold Each) | eBay

are there fake mikuni pumps around? there are certainly fake mikuni m/cycle carbs.

are there fake mikuni pumps around?

There has to be, otherwise sellers wouldn't be stating "Genuine Mikuni fuel pump" in their ads. There are always buyers who don't want to pay the money for the genuine article.

Why not just deal direct with MikuniOz, They are they Australian distributor for Mikuni and are in Townsville. I used them for my last pump and they also do kits.

Time after time, where an agent, reseller or distributor has both their own website, as well as a "shopfront" on eBay - I find their pricing on eBay, is better than the pricing on their own website!

hey M61, did you know MikuniOz sell their wares through eBay?ah, every smart ass is a critic, hey m8.....

cheers big ears

No smart arsery intended... I have dealt with these guys before. I prefer to cut out the middle man (ebay) as much as possible.

They are prompt and professional.

The only pain is that they will not accept returns on Jets once they leave the premises. I made a mistake in ordering 6mm hex mains once instead of round ones. They wouldn't accept them even in their original sealed bag with their invoice still inside.

They reckon they've had all sorts try and return used jets that have been drilled or damaged and to cover their own arxe, they won't risk accepting any returns into their stock.

.. they will not accept returns on Jets once they leave the premises

Virtually all electronic components are sold with the same proviso - because people used to hook them up, burn them out, place them back in the box, and then return them for a refund.

No smart arsery intended

no m8 you got me wrong there, it was a joke about someone else's comment, not yours -that's the problem with the written word, it's so easy to get it out of context

the problem with the 'china' syndrome is that they don't really have any scruples about ripping off anyone else's property - they've been doing it for decades and there's no comeback, even if it's proven

the other problem is a lot of factories making goods sell to other buyers, so you end up with identical goods for sale - one in a package that reads Mikuni, one with no writing on the package, but it's the same part from the same factory

I found out (while buying Jaguar parts from UK Motors in Brisbane) that Jaguar washers cost $1 and the exact same part (even the number was very similar) for a Land Rover was 10 cents

the guy behind the counter twigged that the Jaguar part I needed (out of stock) was the same part from a Land Rover, so he hunted that for me...he wasn't surprised by the cost difference, btw

BP

hey Farri, the aircraft has done 3,500 hours - twood not surprise me if the pumps have not been looked at - nothing in the records, btw

the prop has done the same and is a bit worse for wear, somebody suggested I go for a 3 blade Bolly (heard some good stuff about these behind a 582 on a Drifter) but they haven't answered my email...

I was under the impression Bolly had arranged 'certification' for the 3 blade on a Drifter but I haven't seen any proof of that

BP

There has to be, otherwise sellers wouldn't be stating "Genuine Mikuni fuel pump" in their ads.

That reminds me of last time I was in a street market in Bangkok. A guy was calling his display of watches, with the line: "Rolex watches - genuine copies!" I was tempted to buy one just for that.

Bruce

The non-genuine Mikuni diaphram fuel pumps are made by Sports Parts Inc (SPI) in Taiwan. There are also Mikuni aftermarket pumps and parts, sold under the "Winderosa" and "Nachman" names.

Then you find sellers flogging the SPI pumps, on Amazon, eBay, and their own websites - with "Winderosa Mikuni" and "Nachman Mikuni" in the sales headings!

Then - they also have mixed photos of the products, showing some genuine Mikuni photos, along with the SPI pump photos!!

Talk about buyer confusion! I have no idea what the quality of the Taiwanese aftermarket pumps or kits is like - but I'd be very wary of the quality of the diaphragm material in a non-genuine, Mikuni-copy pump.

Mikuni Japan make their own diaphragm material to their own specifications, and I'll wager no aftermarket diaphragm material would provide the same life as the genuine Mikuni diaphragm.

Most Taiwanese engineered products are of quite satisfactory quality - but be aware that in recent times, some Taiwanese companies have been sub-letting production to Chinese suppliers - with predictable results of poor quality.

It appears the Nachman and Winderosa brands are both Chinese-made, as they're for sale on AliExpress.com.

hey Farri, the aircraft has done 3,500 hours - twood not surprise me if the pumps have not been looked at - nothing in the records, btwthe prop has done the same and is a bit worse for wear, somebody suggested I go for a 3 blade Bolly (heard some good stuff about these behind a 582 on a Drifter) but they haven't answered my email...

I was under the impression Bolly had arranged 'certification' for the 3 blade on a Drifter but I haven't seen any proof of that

BP

hey Farri, the aircraft has done 3,500 hours - twood not surprise me if the pumps have not been looked at - nothing in the records, btwthe prop has done the same and is a bit worse for wear, somebody suggested I go for a 3 blade Bolly (heard some good stuff about these behind a 582 on a Drifter) but they haven't answered my email...

BP

G’day BP,

I’ve had a 3 blade Billy on the back of mine now for 2 years. Being the ample person that I am, I needed the best out of my prop that I could. Thoroughly recommend it. With its current setup the prop won’t allow you to over rev the engine. As a draw back I am now burning an extra litre an hour. But for the extra performance I’ll give that up.