Bring your password for iPad

JG3

Usability, intuitive features, all files are in a proprietary format so you never get off Apple and can't share with non Apple users (the trap!), hard to go wrong, good for idiots who know nothing about IT = Apple.

Global interoperability, designed for wider file sharing, no proprietary 'ecosystem', less good for idiots = Windows

Too easy, possibly less safe, can't go wrong ever, need 'apps' over programs, awesome for IT idiots = Android

UBUNTO

for the Initiated. LoL If the spelling's correct.

What is the "I" in iphone

I find, apple/mack confusing, android hard to navigate, ubunto "well what can I say" (bought a small laptop with that system & still cant use it), " DOS" I grew up with, & have all the Windows system's starting with DOS.

spacesailor

Ubuntu is an Operating System (OS) a derivative of Linux which itself is a derivative of the original Unix based OS. It mostly runs on PCs and also network servers. iOS has its original roots from Unix and Android uses a derivative of the original Linux kernal. So basically they all have the same ancestry but Linux (Ubuntu) and Android are open sourced operating systems so hardware manufacturers can modify them as they wish and end users who gain access to the root directories can modify what they like as well. Not so with iOS as Apple jealously guards its OS to make sure no-one else can use it and make sure users keep on paying and paying.

The i apparently stands for Internet or it could stand for Idiot or Intelligent depending on your point of view.

It doesn't matter what you are using so long as it is reliable for your purposes and you find it easy to use.

Personally I do not like how iOS works from an end user perspective and find my Android phone & tablets far more intuitive, easier to use & by enabling root access (Americans call it rooting your phone) I have been able to get rid of the bloatware manufacturers install.

I am really only exposed to iOS using iPads & iPhones we have at SES. They confuse a lot of people. Even turning an iPad off is not an intuitive process. There are all sorts of problems with screens freezing or the unit just will not respond requiring a reboot or it requires iTunes for something or other.

K G,. said

" I have been able to get rid of the bloatware manufacturers install."

I did the same on Win Millennium. Cut out all but the essential & couldn't believe how small the actual OS was.

spacesailor

I've found with ipads that sometimes when the screen goes blank i just give it a good whack with the palm of my hand and they blink into life again. Might be dry/cracked solder joints.

My current ipad has a lot of issues not recognising my finger swipes. Need to turn off unit for a reboot every so often. The trouble is the off 'switch' swip takes a while..013_thumb_down.gif.c2cb05fd32e76c32004ba0c5b9844a93.gif

I dont have any problems at all with any of my apple stuff either here at home or workThe only issue is the Itunes stuff but generally its not such a big deal just an annoyance. I have never enable or used the Icloud stuff anyway. The apple stuff is always so much easier to use. My boss at work made the decision to go Apple for all our work stuff and just use Windoze via a VM which is easily done on the Mac's and he just hates windows now..cant stand it. The amount of reformating you had to do and the updating etc....and windows 10 is just pathetic

I purchased an iPhone and an iPad 6 years ago. No problems with either but the iPad was stolen a week ago and I bought a new one.

I tried to find my old one using find my iPhone app but the sods that took it dropped it in the Bush half way between Shepp and Mooroopna which is too far from the phone towers for an accurate fix. I found kangaroos, wallabies, brown snakes and lots of rubbish, but no IPad. Had withdrawal symptoms afte a few hours and stayed up until 2:00 in the morning reinstalling everything. Feel much better but miss all my photos because I stupidly never learned to back up to the cloud. I have now!

Good thing was I locked the old one as soon as I realised it was gone. The iPad is of no use to them and they can’t use the sim either.

Kaz