Plane's cockpit window ripped out leaving pilot 'sucked halfway out'

A  plane was forced to make an emergency landing after the cockpit windscreen was ripped out in mid-air leaving the co-pilot “sucked halfway out of the window”.

Terrifying video, filmed onboard Sichuan Airlines flight 3U8633 from Chinese city Chongqing to Tibet’s capital, Lhasa, on Monday, shows passengers using oxygen masks and a flight attendant saying: “Those exits cannot be opened” and “Be safe”.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/planes-cockpit-window-ripped-mid-air-leaving-pilot-sucked-halfway-062652343.html

"he had to land the plane manually"!!!!!!

I'm sure he was stressed, did a great job under the circs etc, but what can I say? We all do this every day; surely he does the same as often as possible. I'd congratulate him for responding appropriately to the emergency, not for hand-flying a landing.

"There was no warning sign. Suddenly the windshield just cracked...." What did he expect, a sign on the windscreen saying "WARNING, I might crack or break at any time and you may be sucked out". Yahoo 7 you've done it again.

"he had to land the plane manually"!!!!!! surely he does the same as often as possible.

We have numbers of Oz Pilots working for Chinese airlines over here. I have spoken to a few of them and they all say the same thing, Chinese Pilots go stricly by the numbers and never 'fly them a bit'.

He must watch the same videos on the Internet as I do.

Understand the sprained wrist, and kind of want to know where the scratches come into it, but afraid of the answer...