The Never Ending Story

Admin

...which was proving quite difficult as LovaK was becoming as deaf as a post from the scream of the rotaryaxe and from all the rivet holes whistling. 025_blush.gif.8e2ecc192cc98853ac4370dddcd7cf74.gif

"HEY ROD, HAVE YOU NOTICED HOW THE RUNWAY LIGHTS KEEP SWITCHING ON AND OFF AS WE SPEAK?" queried Lovak :ah_oh: as he placed some old chewing gum into another rivet hole to quieten things down. 040_nerd.gif.818f42a429bd433d10428d88b6b4d49f.gif

"No need to shout!" replied Rodney exclamation.gif.15cca54a67cbd47ca3b5897bbc7b8e75.gif, as he outlined his devilishly cunning plan. 092_idea.gif.5aecf2098b24482891c0ced75da80e68.gif

"I'll position upwind and fly directly toward him while broadcasting some IFR jargon for a straight in. You sneak up on him while he's distracted. 010_chuffed.gif.0eb732edf61030e6104a9a70bfa92a9e.gif If that doesn't work, ...Well i_dunno, ...he is on a ten mile final in a drifted ;)... you've basically got all day to get him"....041_helmet.gif.b33edb063c342f545e37fe5acb1c5db2.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

=============

Lova K relaxed an went in for the kill......but he didn't have the skill of the old WW2 aces and failed to look behind him. RATTATATATATATATATATATATAT - it was the Rat With The Golden Tooth right on his six Pouring Out Payload!....

...enquired el Rato question.gif.3fab79942766b9e477be0b131a0a3b3b.gif as he cubed some extra tasty vintage for the next salvo. 041_helmet.gif.b33edb063c342f545e37fe5acb1c5db2.gif

"Ha!" scoffed McLovach 024_cool.gif.e4faea8b8d6d5d6e548e269d4b8acbd2.gif as he saw the soft cheddar rounds rick-a-shed of the SpotzTzars's wings. :big_grin: "Finally, something that doesn't pass straight through..." 040_nerd.gif.818f42a429bd433d10428d88b6b4d49f.gif

Whoooo, whoooo.... hold your horses....eerrrr....um....attitude!?:confused:... there fella's. We've got a small technically generated problem that needs sorting out before we get to carried away....040_nerd.gif.818f42a429bd433d10428d88b6b4d49f.gif I do feel for the victim though, he did try, but then again, under the stressful circumstances he's in at the moment, I don't blame him really:raise_eyebrow:

So now that all the technical stuff is out the way, let's get to the roots of this problem:

*Firstly (1)

I'm on a 20 mile final! not ten! so I'm not exactly shore...eerr...not that one!? this is the one I'd be looking for... sure... where you got that one from?? I do realise that 20mi is pretty generous for a drifter driver, but I did have one POB so I could easily call my self an RPT flight, especially since I do fly there pretty regularly;)006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

he is on a ten mile final in a drifted ;)... you've basically got all day to get him"....

*Secondly (2)

I was getting a wink concerning me calling it a Drifting, thinking I made one of those typo thingy's that happen to people, who's fingers, eye's and the spelling part of there brain are not co-ordinating themselves in the correct manner it suppose too..........041_helmet.gif.b33edb063c342f545e37fe5acb1c5db2.gif

I did it very much on purpose, because it didn't dawn on any of the dear readers that, because I'm now considering myself as an RPT machine, I'm gonna land downwind ain't I!! so if I've got a tail wind, that means I'm drifting forwards;) But those with a small imagination, it would be pretty hard to make that out between the lines.... So I forgive thou......018_hug.gif.0182e32b48b2df8aaf412ac8488cf68a.gif

===================

Now let's get this thing a rolling down the page.........

Ps "Warning" Please don't take this post to any heights on the serious scale, and read with a funnnnnyyyyy sense of Huuuummmmooorr"

There's no need to get biblical Tomo - you got us all a beauty. I can understand how Einstein's workmates felt. However one way or the other you haven't finished him off and now Captain's hosing him down with liquid cheese......

Dear Tomo/dotDash/Thompson/etc,

Never let the truth get in the way of NES yarns. ;) Reality is optional of course and sometimes equally as funny.006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif Taking the mickey out of each other is highly desirable though. :devil:

Cheers and hook in!

Oh dear....:confused: I've now got everyone thinking I'm being serious....! What I wrote was meant to be a laugh:laugh:006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif Well it was for me:laugh:006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

I'm hooking in and enjoying the ride alright avalocks (I even know your real name now!:thumb_up:) To much I think...............:big_grin:

I'm sorry If I've turned to biblical for you tubz, just thought it flowed rather nicely!006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

025_blush.gif.8e2ecc192cc98853ac4370dddcd7cf74.gif:blush:025_blush.gif.8e2ecc192cc98853ac4370dddcd7cf74.gif:blush:

006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif:laugh:006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif:laugh:

Yes, back to the grind dotDash - you can fly wherever you want to here - we don't want to be ground down by reality.

Things are bad enough with this Global Financial Crisis, in fact it's become so bad in the the USA that a truck load of Americans just got caught sneaking in to Mexico.

A new member of the NES appeared today.

His name is Thomas and he is a brand new pilot who is acronymically challenged.

"The weather is great here, so I'm going on a UHF flight to FNQ where I'll navigate using NBG's, so OMG I'll POQ and use my VFR radio while I follow roads" he said to his partner.

"Well, be careful that you don't get RSI watching the ISA (for his partner was dislexic as well), so use the DBN to fly an ILS into BUNDY for a ..............

....MUR, his partner said.

When they arrived they made straight for the Royal Bundy Cafe (CRB) and Thomas, who had an eastern European accent said to the bewhiskered proprietor Lazlo who was also from those parts:

"FUNEX?"

"SIFX" Lazlo replied

"FUNEM?" asked Thomas

"SIFM" replied Lazlo

"OKIFMNX" said Thomas

After breakfast they went out to the Jabortwo factory in a BCA......

....MUR, his partner said.

When they arrived they made straight for the Rotal Bundy Cafe (CRB) and Thomas, who had an eastern European accent said the the bewhiskered proprietor Lazlo who was also from those parts:

"FUNEX?"

"SIFX" Lazlo replied

"FUNEM?" asked Thomas

"SIFM" replied Lazlo

"OKIFMNX" said Thomas

After breakfast they went out to the Jabortwo factory in a BCA......

"$#!@ and FMD" exclaimed Thomas "In these days of the GED it looks like I am also getting the FLU, and you need 6-DOF ........... but when it comes to AA these FRP machines aeronautique, made by JAB are A1".

"But that Turbo sure has ABE's" said Lazlo "& his ABS is a bit CROOK, too".

"It's his AAD as a 2IC that is the issue" replied Thomas "He needs to .......

My Aunt says that you should see http://www.abbreviations.com/acronyms/NASA for a partial translation.

"It's his AAD as a 2IC that is the issue" replied Thomas "He needs to .......

...go into a meeting with his American employers in 45 minutes and (a) they've just eaten an Australian Motel breakfast

(b) as we know they don't speak English

so he needs to prepare or he might start spitting out acronyms......

........and didn't acronym once. The visitors were none too complimentary on the breakfast, but Turbo told them next time to go to the Riverina where he knew of a ritzy establishment. "The steaks are much better there", he said, "they don't sell seconds as first cuts, they'll be happy to tell you exactly what got into the meat, and it's cheaper and more fruity because the

local abattoirs is just over the fence, and the proprietor catches most of it on the fly".

"Was that all right?" he asked Ratto.

It was a quiet morning on NES because most viewers had vacated it to follow a thread about radio syntax.

It was an outstanding work of fiction, started very cleverly by You Know Who.

In an exit poll 45% of the respondents said they didn't understand any of it - they were just frustrated disc jockeys or Elvis impersonators, 25% said if they used the radio correctly they would lose their freedom, 10% said they didn't have a radio because it cost too much and dying was all part of the fun, 10% said that what the others said in answer to the previous poster was sXXX, 9.9% missed the subject entirely and started cat fights and three said they were Elvis. The other 9000 RAA members didn't seem to have a problem.

Thomas, who religiously followed protocol, was a bit overwhelmed by all this and said, in an AAR "Couldn't we just use ACF on the people who just haven't studied their manuals?"......

McLock started singing quietly as he reached into his tool box for a lump hammer and chisel..."I'm a hunka, hunka, burnin' lurve....."

===========

Probably should wind the 'stopping at' thread back up before the syntax one out does it....031_loopy.gif.791dd61f4721144544bc840fb53eec3f.gif

........call the TOA of TO so that the TOA will be correct..........

.... and Thomas started his pre-flight checks ...... "Yes, it's an RAA arcraft and all looks pretty good" he thunk, so he gave his hire car calls and proceeded towards the into-wind runway.

" Goodness gracious" he said to himself (whereas many of us would have said "$@#!) "This engine sounds like it has more grunt than my usual Axe, it taxi's poorly, and there is a bit of an issue with the fan thing at the front".

Then he realised that his dislexic acronymia may have caught him out again as it wasn't an RAA aircraft, it was an R22, and Thomas was in the ............

Yes, it's good, now get back to delivering breakfasts.

Love,

Gerry

Dear HatRack

Just 150 posts to go in the race to 2000. I wonder who will get it this time?

Beware that you don't fall asleep again on the verandah in your rocking chair with your lap-rug on, while it clicks thru the magic number, this time round.

Kind personal regards

The Receptionist Rat

PS No false fire alarms lately, so haven't had to pay RipOffLocks and his mates $750 per occurrance for a while.

PPS How are the outboard repairs going. Do you have the alloy off the bores yet? If not I can lend you some H2SO4 to clean them up.

Then he realised that his dislexic acronymia may have caught him out again as it wasn't an RAA aircraft, it was an R22, and Thomas was in the ............

..fan so to speak....