Vale Mark Smith

I found this news out this morning when i was getting ready for work. I met mark for the first time in the late 90s when i took my first flying lessons at point cook flying club he owned the the c150 i soloed in. He was a passionate man on a lot of subjects but aviation was he's number one. lot of us would take breaks from flying but not mark he was always there.

RIP Mark smith.

Very sad, I was speaking to his brother in person the day before at the Newmarket Gardens Caravan Park in Brisbane.  He saw the aviation stickers on my car and struck up a conversation telling me about his brother Mark and his adventures, dedication to the cause and also about my aviation interests.

RIP Mark Smith

• Like 1

Very sad loss of an aviator. I was only just reading his last closing article in sport pilot about letting go of a plane. I will miss reading his work,

have filled a lot of bad weather days reading magazines with his articles.

RIP Mark

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Nice send-off for Mark at Ballarat today. Probably near 200 there. Good stories and lots of I didn't know he did that moments. Ping ponger, horse rider, scuba diver, photographer, writer, aviator, and lots more. It will be hard for magazines to find a replacement editor with so much enthusiasm.

• Like 2

Mark interviewed my daughter and I for the most recent Sport Pilot.  He flew to YLIL especially for the occasion.  We had a lot of laughs during the process of the interview, and he left a lasting impression positive on both myself and my daughter.  He found a lot of joy in flying, and he wasn't afraid to pass that passion on.  What a legacy!

• 4 weeks later...