Light plane lands in street

My first guess in the op was a Vans, but closer inspection of the photo in the article shows a curved nose leg. See below. Vans usually have a straight, angled leg. Anyone want to correct me? Note also forward tilting bubble canopy.

66437041_landinstreet.JPG.bced9a72a50ec224042c2fde8673f1ea.JPG

My first guess in the op was a Vans, but closer inspection of the photo in the article shows a curved nose leg. See below. Vans usually have a straight, angled leg. Anyone want to correct me? Note also forward tilting bubble canopy.

[ATTACH]40190[/ATTACH]

KR2

That bloke is going to be roasted like a spit chicken, driving an unregistered, overwidth vehicle, with non-compliant lighting, and no indicators, on the road! It's a good job he stopped at the red light, or those Troopers would've thrown the book at him!  :cheezy grin:

Fuel system malfunction? Too much air in the tank?

Seriously, he did a fair job getting it down and stopping without hitting anything but it should not have happened in the first place. Bad publicity really and can have legislative repercussions down the track as well as putting innocent people on the ground at risk. Look at it on Google earth. Where he landed there was an airport about 3nm to the south and  a larger one 1.5nm to the west with a golf course between where he landed and the larger airport.

Sounds like tea and bikkies with the local Friendly Aviation Agency office coming up.

It's far better to land BEFORE the fuel runs out and he's very lucky people didn't die. You are involving "innocent" people who should not have to contend with an out of fuel plane joining the traffic. suddenly. Your options to CONTROL you arrival point more precisely are very limited when the donk stops. and you really put the pressure on yourself. Nev

• Agree 1

Guest deanfi

regarding the Revmaster (this KR2 had one )  motor and Posa carby  ( dont know what carby this AC had )

maybe poor fuel system design , vapour lock , ethanol , who knows  , maybe he did just simply run out of fuel , anyway it ended well for him and the public with no loss of life , very lucky outcome

interesting read

http://www.greatplainsas.com/posacarb.pdf